Luck retiring

8 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

He could easily start his own business.  He obviously has the capital to do so and the name recognition to go along with it.

I don't disagree. However, that would be - at best - only partially due to his academic accomplishments. 

This really sucks for Frank Reich as I doubt he takes the job without Luck at QB. Might be a reason as to why Josh McDaniel's didn't take the job for the Colts. But then again their owner might be another reason...

Luck played behind crappy lines for years and now when he has one of the best lines he quits...:wacko: Kinda shocking as he is only 29...and we still have Brady in his 40's...

7 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

Wow.....holy ***** *****. This is crazy. Chad Kelly come on down. He looks good tonight.

Kicked out of the NFL/Broncos last year.

Guaranteed to make the team now, be the back up and may likely start sometime during the season.

...maybe skip the team Christmas party this time around or at least get Uber?

• Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

This really sucks for Frank Reich as I doubt he takes the job without Luck at QB. Might be a reason as to why Josh McDaniel's didn't take the job for the Colts. But then again their owner might be another reason...

Luck played behind crappy lines for years and now when he has one of the best lines he quits...:wacko: Kinda shocking as he is only 29...and we still have Brady in his 40's...

....agree....certainly understand his health concerns, but the decision two weeks before the start of the season?......

...unretirement talk already Jim??........

Colts owner Jim Irsay on possibility of Andrew Luck returning from retirement: 'I don't rule it out'

Ameer Tyree
4 hrs ago

Andrew Luck shocked the world when he announced his decision to retire from the NFL on Saturday, but Colts owner Jim Irsay hasn't given up hoping he'll see the quarterback in an Indianapolis jersey down the road.

Irsay spoke with reporters following Luck's announcement and gave his opinion on if Luck might return to the team.

"I don't rule it out because as quickly as this thing descended on us and mysterious as it was, it could leave the same way," Irsay said. "That's just a fact. It's very hard to measure sometimes our human experience and we all perceive life from our chair. I would say it's possible."

But Irsay isn't banking on the slim chance Luck will have a change of heart.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/colts-owner-jim-irsay-on-possibility-of-andrew-luck-returning-from-retirement-i-dont-rule-it-out/ar-AAGi7GZ?li=BBnba9I

47 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

he made it pretty clear in his presser his body couldn't take it anymore, best line in the nfl or not I respect his decision and wish him well. or should I say I wish him good luck... ;)

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...unretirement talk already Jim??........

Colts owner Jim Irsay on possibility of Andrew Luck returning from retirement: 'I don't rule it out'

Ameer Tyree
4 hrs ago

Andrew Luck shocked the world when he announced his decision to retire from the NFL on Saturday, but Colts owner Jim Irsay hasn't given up hoping he'll see the quarterback in an Indianapolis jersey down the road.

Irsay spoke with reporters following Luck's announcement and gave his opinion on if Luck might return to the team.

"I don't rule it out because as quickly as this thing descended on us and mysterious as it was, it could leave the same way," Irsay said. "That's just a fact. It's very hard to measure sometimes our human experience and we all perceive life from our chair. I would say it's possible."

But Irsay isn't banking on the slim chance Luck will have a change of heart.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/colts-owner-jim-irsay-on-possibility-of-andrew-luck-returning-from-retirement-i-dont-rule-it-out/ar-AAGi7GZ?li=BBnba9I

he's on drugs.

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

he made it pretty clear in his presser his body couldn't take it anymore, best line in the nfl or not I respect his decision and wish him well. or should I say I wish him good luck... ;)

he's on drugs.

....quite the fellow isn't he?..........

• Thank you (+1) 1