Was the Jarvis Landry hit on Aaron Williams dirty?

He leaves his feet and targets the head, that's dirty for any player and should be worse than a fine. If he stayed on his feet and went shoulder to chest it would be just a hard hit. He ended a career and still gets to play and thats bs. 

Edited by Trogdor

It was incredibly dirty. 100%. He could have just made a solid, hell, even crushing block. But the minute he launched himself into AWs head with his shoulder made it disgusting. The fact he feels no remorse makes him a scumbag. 

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I look at it this way...........Aaron Williams was a dirty,  out of control player for most of his Bills career.  

He had more than his share of dirty AF hits until he finally busted up his neck by spearing opponents.

The Landry hit is technically illegal but it was hardly the kill shot people make it out to be..........Williams was just duct taped together at that point.........if it wasn't that week his career would have been ended soon after.

Mate, are you on drugs?

Edited by dubs
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Williams was just duct taped together at that point.........if it wasn't that week his career would have been ended soon after.

This is the most salient point to make in regards to Aaron. After he screwed his neck up trying to tackle Julian Edelman, his career was one more shot away from ending. The second you leave a game in an ambulance and lose sensation in a limb for a prolonged period afterward, self-preservation should kick in. Unfortunately for Aaron, he didn't seem to fully grasp the gravity of the situation that he was in.

I guess that's why I harbour resentment toward Landry for the shot he put on him. It was a ***** way to be the exclamation point on a career.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, BrycePaup4ever said:

Im watching Hard Knocks Season 13 episode 1 where Landry is crying about his players being soft and my blood got boiling. F this guy!

Its so bad that i didnt feel much after watching the youtube video of his highschool sweetheart dying. Maybe he carries anger towards God on the field over that or something.

You ask the question yet post some bs to make us feel sorry for Landry?  WTF:censored:

It was dirty as F***.  Here, watch it.

I dont GAF what anger landry carries, I hope Tre crushes him this year.

SMFH

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, BrycePaup4ever said:

Im watching Hard Knocks Season 13 episode 1 where Landry is crying about his players being soft and my blood got boiling. F this guy!

Its so bad that i didnt feel much after watching the youtube video of his highschool sweetheart dying. Maybe he carries anger towards God on the field over that or something.

To the younger kids it is definitely a dirty play- in 1995 it would have been fine. The rules change and that is now dirty and illegal.

• Like (+1) 2

Williams should have had his head up on that play. 

Heres a question for everyone that thinks it was a dirty hit... did you cheer when Brian Campbell murdered RJ Umberger? Because it’s basically the same thing. The only thing different is one of them we were on the hitting side and the other, the side that got creamed. 

• Sad 1

Just now, mrags said:

Heres a question for everyone that thinks it was a dirty hit... did you cheer when Brian Campbell murdered RJ Umberger? Because it’s basically the same thing. The only thing different is one of them we were on the hitting side and the other, the side that got creamed. 

You cold hearted bruh

If you played football, don’t tell me you didn’t like a shot at a crack back where they didn’t see you coming. It’s part of the game. It is pointless and higher risk to injury and so was Williams at that time. But the level of hate on this. Sure it’s because we loved Williams but most fans act like it was premeditated. Simple truth to it is he got a dream crack back and acted like most football players would. I wish he wouldn’t have went so high but again, the knock out shot is still very much in most players minds. That’s the mindset very early with the sport. 

Edited by KzooMike

46 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

This is the most salient point to make in regards to Aaron. After he screwed his neck up trying to tackle Julian Edelman, his career was one more shot away from ending. The second you leave a game in an ambulance and lose sensation in a limb for a prolonged period afterward, self-preservation should kick in. Unfortunately for Aaron, he didn't seem to fully grasp the gravity of the situation that he was in.

I guess that's why I harbour resentment toward Landry for the shot he put on him. It was a ***** way to be the exclamation point on a career.

I agree, Aaron was a hit away, and might have made a better career decision for his well being. I just wish it wasn’t one DIRTY HIT away, and Landry deserves all the crap thrown his way for this.  Because Aaron might have been physically compromised does not lessen AT ALL what a dirty play that was. If anything, it just might make it worse. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, mrags said:

Not really. 

Umberger had the puck and got his bell rung because he didn't have his head up when he received the pass.   That would be like Shady getting destroyed in the hole w/o seeing the linebacker coming.  It sucks, but hey, head on a swivel.   

9 hours ago, mrags said:

I gotta admit - I have no clue how he didn’t see him coming. 

AW even more so. His head was facing Landry for 2-3 steps 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

27 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

The seemingly innocuous Edelman tackle was when it first became news but he busted his neck up the season before on a spearing tackle.    It was initially reported vaguely as a "head injury".   He came back and finished the schedule but his uncontrolled aggression(and a lot of his impact) was tamped as he nursed the injury thru the season.   I know he has a different version of the story but he has his reasons.   He should have had a long career but unfortunately he was a knucklehead early in his career and the NFL hadn't legislated the spearing out of the game.   I don't like Landry but at worst this was just a case of living and dying by the sword.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, stony said:

Not really. 

Umberger had the puck and got his bell rung because he didn't have his head up when he received the pass.   That would be like Shady getting destroyed in the hole w/o seeing the linebacker coming.  It sucks, but hey, head on a swivel.   

Yeah. No

Illegal hit. He got fined for it. But I don't think he was trying to hurt anybody. I think he was just trying to lay a big hit on someone. No, I don't think he was trying to target William's head.

Things happen on the football field. People make mistakes. I don't blame him. I've seen far, far dirtier plays from players.

Now, I think Landry is overrated and he has an overinflated opinion of himself. But that's a different story.

5 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I gotta admit - I have no clue how he didn’t see him coming. 

He had his head down which is a cardinal sin, but Brian Campbell had never hit anyone like that before in his life, and frankly I don't think he did it again either.  He wasn't the type of player that you needed to be ultra aware of in that way.  Not like Scott Stevens for example who would take people's heads off on the regular. 

FTR, Campbells' hit was borderline illegal at the time, he did end up leaving his feet after the contact was made.  If Campbell threw that check in youth or international level hockey today it would be a game misconduct and a suspension. 

http://mihockey.com/2019/06/usa-hockey-issues-new-declaration-of-player-safety-fair-play-and-respect-at-annual-congress/

10 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The seemingly innocuous Edelman tackle was when it first became news but he busted his neck up the season before on a spearing tackle.    It was initially reported vaguely as a "head injury".   He came back and finished the schedule but his uncontrolled aggression(and a lot of his impact) was tamped as he nursed the injury thru the season.   I know he has a different version of the story but he has his reasons.   He should have had a long career but unfortunately he was a knucklehead early in his career and the NFL hadn't legislated the spearing out of the game.   I don't like Landry but at worst this was just a case of living and dying by the sword.

I suppose that the above at least somewhat explains why he was such a lousy corner and a good safety.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

No just football

tough one but it was a clean hit, this happens all the time on special team returns, you are responsible for the field of vision in front of you, getting hit from the side or from behind is a penalty

• Like (+1) 1