Sign in to follow this  
Da webster guy

can someone do a game summary in one paragraph please

42 minutes ago, Augie said:

Wow, my wife wishes there was ONLY one thing I paid for year after year. My bad for mentioning I couldn’t’t see the game live. I was reminded just how much we pay for cable and DTV monthly. Such an amateur move on my part! It might have just gone by but her flight home was delayed hours, much of it on the tarmac. JUST SHUT UP! I knew better...... my bad.....

Hahaha what an oversight! The only *bills related subscription* I pay for.

12 minutes ago, wppete said:

John Feliciano was very impressive at centre. Knocking people around all over the place. He is one mean dude that can move! 

I'm DEEPLY comforted that Bodine is NOT the plan at backup C. 

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I don’t think anyone really thought that.  I liked Tyree at UB, but honestly, he’s a borderline 3rd string guy at best if he can show significant improvement.  He’s not accurate enough yet 

More bad than good. Likely destined for PS.

37 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

We wondered how good they would be

The picks from rounds one two and three

More new ones all played

They did well, even Wade

Except for the legend Slls V

more of a limerick than a Haiku, you didn't hit the 5/7/5 syllable count.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Teller looked pretty good.  I think he has a good chance of making the roster.  Another big nasty.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I was a bit concerned when Josh took off running for the first down. He seemed to second guess the decision before taking off. I know it's preseason, but I'm worried the coaching staff has gotten too much into his head about protecting himself and he'll be too worried about using his ability and instinct to get the necessary yards with his feet.

2 minutes ago, FlutieFlake7 said:

I was a bit concerned when Josh took off running for the first down. He seemed to second guess the decision before taking off. I know it's preseason, but I'm worried the coaching staff has gotten too much into his head about protecting himself and he'll be too worried about using his ability and instinct to get the necessary yards with his feet.

Yes, we'd hate for our franchise's future to protect himself more and make smarter decisions moving forward. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Da webster guy said:

OMG im sick I missed it.

Yes indeed. Guy shouldn't have made it past pick 3. Thanks idiots!

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Yes, we'd hate for our franchise's future to protect himself more and make smarter decisions moving forward. 

It was more the hesitation than anything. Yes, I do believe he should protect himself.

• Like (+1) 1

Bills defense very good and very deep. Will likely hold many teams under 300 yards of offense on a regular basis. Colts had under 30 yards of offense until last drive of the first half. Hughes and Alexander didn't even play.

Allen looked OK...hit Jones with a perfect 20 yard strike that might have been a TD but he dropped it. Barkley looked very good. Tyree Jackson looked meh...

Christian Wade needs more carries...his one touch he took to the house for a 66 yard TD run.

Singletary is going to be really good...

7th rounder Daryl Johnson looked impressive today. We won’t be able to sneak him on the PR this year. 

• Like (+1) 4

Posted (edited)

I missed about half of the game, but the parts I did hear on the radio said that:

Played well:

Darryl Johnson

Devin Singletary

Barkley

McKenzie

Didn't help themselves:

Zay Jones

Yeldon

Tyree Jackson

McCloud

Edited by berg1029
  • Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Sills did not have a good game only times I heard him mentioned was for PI and a bad drop.

I really think that the times he was targeted, the balls thrown were behind him. The PI did not look like much, but sure, they called it. I was really hoping to see more out of the kid. Hopefully more next game, but there's a lot of competition right now.

Just now, FlutieFlake7 said:

It was more the hesitation than anything. Yes, I do believe he should protect himself.

Carry on, then. 

(That hesitation actually froze the guy with the best angle and opened up the run for the sticks, though.)

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Yeldon made a bad fumble but that was all that stood out as bad.  Singletary looked very real which is probably the bigger issue for TJ.  Murphy looking good didn't help his case either.

I'm not going to go all torches and pitchforks on an experienced guy liked Yeldon just yet but he has work to do.

Singletary did look very real, 

Reminded me of Thurman Thomas a little with his ability to slip through the smallest openings.

• Like (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Cory and Corey the punters were not too good.  

What was wrong with carter? Both his punts were fair catches: one short one inside the 10 and a 51 yarder.  Camp reports haven’t been great on him but he at least looked serviceable. Wouldn’t be shocked to see Bojo cut and have some different competition in the coming days. 

Posted (edited)

Veni Vidi Vici

And I noticed McKenzie a lot more than Ray Ray. Singletary was slippery and game (distance needed) saavy. 

Tyrell Dodson and Jaquan Johnson were all over the place making tackles

Edited by BubbaT

4 minutes ago, berg1029 said:

I about missed half of the game, but the parts I did hear on the radio said that:

Played well:

Darryl Johnson

Devin Singletary

Barkley

McKenzie

Didn't help themselves:

Zay Jones

Yeldon

Tyree Jackson

McCloud

McCloud?  You sure?

53 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Vosean Joseph looked very solid against the backups.  He packs a wallup.

I hope Joseph progresses well. He is a thumper.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

How about haiku form?

Bills Defense kicked ass

Allen looked good I guess

Christian Wade, TOUCHDOWN!!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

McCloud?  You sure?

I remember hearing him mentioned for a drop that he should have caught.  It looks like he was targeted a bunch of times too, but only came down with one catch.  Those others could have been on the QB and not him

Just now, berg1029 said:

I remember hearing him mentioned for a drop that he should have caught.  It looks like he was targeted a bunch of times too, but only came down with one catch.  Those others could have been on the QB and not him

I thought he a really nice grab....I think the issue is

McKenzie is making more plays

McCloud has PS eligibility

We should not waste PS spot on Duke and Sills....

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Figster said:

Singletary did look very real, 

Reminded me of Thurman Thomas a little with his ability to slip through the smallest openings.

That's pretty good company. I hope Singletary can get outside.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, John from Riverside said:

I thought he a really nice grab....I think the issue is

McKenzie is making more plays

McCloud has PS eligibility

We should not waste PS spot on Duke and Sills....

McKenzie has never really had issues with making plays.  He's really good.. as long as he's not fumbling the ball. I'm just worried that the fumble issue is going to pop up again at the most inopportune time.  If the coaching staff believes he is over the issue, it shouldn't be a hard decision to make.