LaAdrian Waddle carted off of practice - out for season with torn quad, placed on IR

I think it was Beane on NFL Radio’s Moving the Chains show just last week saying that quality O-lineman replacements after the first quarter of the season are almost impossible to find.   McDermott also stated last week in an interview in the Athletic that you build a team from the lines out.  They both understand the value of the big guys in the trenches.

I think this is why we will end up keeping an extra O-lineman on the 53 at cut down time at the expense of a WR or RB or some other position.  I think if we try to stash any of our recently signed free agent O-lineman on the practice squad they will immediately get scooped up by other teams. Injuries on the O-line are going to happen and Beane and McDermott are not going to let the Bills and Josh fall into O-line hell again this season.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

After reading some of these posts, I had to run outside to make sure the sky hadn't fallen.  During the preseason we all seem predisposed to jump to the worst conclusion when injuries occur.  Until there is an official injury update, I will just chill.  It's ironic that people whined when Waddle was signed and now many of us are distraught over an undefined injury to a guy that may not even crack the roster.  Such is the life of the poor downtrodden Bills fan.  Go Bills!