Sign in to follow this  

Mitch Morse in concussion protocol

1 hour ago, teef said:

my cte causes me to say wildly inappropriate things to women.  it's a curse.

Like ...  When are you due?  

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 11:35 PM, High Football IQ said:

Not going to lie, this situation with Morse is extremely concerning for a multitude of reasons.

Forget about the ridiculous contract we handed him in making him the centerpiece of a very aggressive offseason, but if we are back to square one with a guy like Bodine or Spencer Long starting at Center for most or all of the 2019 campaign I wouldn't be surprised if JA struggles or gets hurt again.

Either way it's not looking promising for a guy that has had way too many concussions the last few years and couldn't even make it through the first padded camp practice this year.

Just tell me now .... are you telling the truth?

1 hour ago, T master said:

Gotta have one for Morse  !

https://www.google.com/search?q=pictures+of+Mark+Kelso's+Helmet&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=dTLh99eH78ytjM%3A%2Cm9MuVSK79gZgOM%2C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kRQz8HUlrc19LQLEO3DYQ2FKOPpJQ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiIy8nZ6fPjAhVJRK0KHQQ_D-IQ9QEwA3oECAkQDw#imgrc=3nehOEg-jta4pM:&vet=1

Why don't more players use these things it definitely made Kelso's career last a lot longer that it would have if he wouldn't have you would think the NFL might make it mandatory after the 3rd concussion or if someone has a history of being concussed especially if they were truly worried about the players health as they say they are !! 

Little late to the party- this has been analyzed and explained a couple pages back fwiw

2 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

Little late to the party- this has been analyzed and explained a couple pages back fwiw

I have explained it at least half a dozen times even talking with Ed about it.  His book, The Tale of the Tape, is excellent.

On 8/6/2019 at 12:45 PM, Ittakestime said:

You are really calling this a game?

Is it called preseason scrimmage?

I mean in Allen’s last media session after practice, he talked about them working on things they expect the Colts to do...because they were studying them on film.  It’s not anywhere at the level of a regular season but you still need to evaluate players.  

How are you going to get a true evaluation on position battles and depth players if they have zero preparation going into a game?

I honestly hope he's ok as a human being, and retires the moment the doctor tells him it's needed.

I know it's hard to step away from the game, and you just got this fat new contract, but life is more important. Getting another concussion this season should be the final straw... Coaches & trainers should put him on the IR the moment that happens.

9 hours ago, BigDingus said:

I honestly hope he's ok as a human being, and retires the moment the doctor tells him it's needed.

I know it's hard to step away from the game, and you just got this fat new contract, but life is more important. Getting another concussion this season should be the final straw... Coaches & trainers should put him on the IR the moment that happens.

I think we should leave it up to Morse and the Doctors to determine where he needs to be if he gets another concussion.

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Morse won't practice next week...pads,full contact play starting on Tuesday against Carolina.

Bodine is not NFL material...my bud is Bengals fan..lives down there..no tears were shed when he shuffled off the Buffalo.

Long is the most important player to watch now...he was limited last night (Barkley first drive)...he held his own.

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I'm not sure whether or not Bodine's healthy matters. He's terrible.

9 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Football is war, bound to have some casualties. Suck it up and get back out there! Totally joking, but that was def the mentality when i played little league back in the 90s. Prob why I cant't concentrate for ***** these days. lmao

This is why I never chuckle when a key player or any player for that matter from another team suffers a bad injury.

What goes around..comes around.

I would very,very surprised if he doesn't retire within the next few weeks.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Morse won't practice next week...pads,full contact play starting on Tuesday against Carolina.

Bodine is not NFL material...my bud is Bengals fan..lives down there..no tears were shed when he shuffled off the Buffalo.

Long is the most important player to watch now...he was limited last night (Barkley first drive)...he held his own.

Where did Long play (RG or C)?

Long played RG on the 2nd OL.  Starting line was Dawkins, Spain, Feliciano, Ford, and Nyseke.

• Thanks! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

I saw him at center when Barkley came in for Josh.

Had a nice block on the Barkley/Foster mishap play on third down.:54 seconds 1st qtr.

Edited by Misterbluesky
I was wrong Feliciano was at center.

16 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I'm not sure whether or not Bodine's healthy matters. He's terrible.

Someone has to play center in the 3rd and 4th quarters of preseason.  Should be Bodine.  Then cut him.  ?

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

It was Feliciano at C..my bad.

• Thanks! (+1) 1

My guess is they unpack Morse from his bubble wrap after they return from Carolina. No reason to submit him to another team’s pounding  before they have to.  

Edited by YoloinOhio