Which player will surprise us most this summer?

I guess I'll go Trent Murphy. There was a lot of excitement last season when he was signed. Now everyone is down in him because of his injury plagued year. I think he'll get back to form and be a quality pass rusher.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

By Average you mean being the Bills leader in Every Receiving statistical Category last year right?  

Mans has Owner Power. Though being with the Owners Daughter can be a double edged sword. 

Its cool to say “leader”, but that doesn’t make his stats and season good.  He had less than 40 yards 10 times last year as a full time starter while an undrafted rookie managed three 100 yard games over the last 7 games of the season...Zay still has zero over 2 years as a starter.  

I’m rooting for him, but the reality is his season was as a whole was weak.  Over the last 4 games of the season he was atrocious in 3 of the games.  He was dominated and shut down in Jets, Lions and Pats until he finally had a good game in week 17 against Miami, a bad team who barely showed for the final game.

Stat sheet warriors will quickly scoff at the NE game being labeled terrible because he got a late meaningless TD on final play of game of a blow out loss.  But he had zero catches until the final 6 min of the game when NE had gone up several scores and out game out of reach.  He was dominated that game until they started switching out the D to run the clock down and got some easy stuff to end the terrible game.

I am really hoping he busts out this year and will cheer him on, but last season was very underwhelming.  I’m glad he put muscle on this year because it was hard watching him struggle so badly with physical corners last year and press coverage.  Now he needs to translate that to the field and prove he should start over Brown or Foster (which I am not convinced he will until I see consistent improvement).  

3 hours ago, KRT88 said:

I think Ford ends up at RG and Nsekhe ends up at RT and they form the power side of great Bills Oline.

Thank you! I’ve thought this from the day we drafted Cody. You want your 5 best guys starting? Then Ty has to be one of the 5.

6 hours ago, bilzfancy said:

That's who I have too, could be another 5th rd steal, like Matt Milano. He could play all 3 LB positions but he'll probably start out as a STs demon

Joseph has the highest bust potential of the draft picks. He is undersized and can’t tackle. I like his hitting but even special teams guys need to know what angle to take to the runner. I think he makes the team because all the backup linebackers suck and they will keep one less WR and only two QBs which opens an extra LB and DB spot.

10 minutes ago, purple haze said:

LeSean McCoy.  If the line is as improved at is should be there will be a whole lotta crow for dinner on this board and in the media.

Shady will be signing a two year extension by week 8.  

2 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Joseph has the highest bust potential of the draft picks. He is undersized and can’t tackle. I like his hitting but even special teams guys need to know what angle to take to the runner. I think he makes the team because all the backup linebackers suck and they will keep one less WR and only two QBs which opens an extra LB and DB spot.

Shady will be signing a two year extension by week 8.  

But can a 5th round pick really be considered a "bust" if it doesn't pan out? I don't know, I just wouldn't look at it as bad as if it were a 1st or 2nd round pick that didn't pan out, or even a 3rd round pick.

Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't consider a 5th round pick a "bust" if the guy doesn't do well in a short period of time, He may turn out to be average, who knows. We will see how it all plays out soon enough though.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

8 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Its cool to say “leader”, but that doesn’t make his stats and season good.  He had less than 40 yards 10 times last year as a full time starter while an undrafted rookie managed three 100 yard games over the last 7 games of the season...Zay still has zero over 2 years as a starter.  

I’m rooting for him, but the reality is his season was as a whole was weak.  Over the last 4 games of the season he was atrocious in 3 of the games.  He was dominated and shut down in Jets, Lions and Pats until he finally had a good game in week 17 against Miami, a bad team who barely showed for the final game.

Stat sheet warriors will quickly scoff at the NE game being labeled terrible because he got a late meaningless TD on final play of game of a blow out loss.  But he had zero catches until the final 6 min of the game when NE had gone up several scores and out game out of reach.  He was dominated that game until they started switching out the D to run the clock down and got some easy stuff to end the terrible game.

I am really hoping he busts out this year and will cheer him on, but last season was very underwhelming.  I’m glad he put muscle on this year because it was hard watching him struggle so badly with physical corners last year and press coverage.  Now he needs to translate that to the field and prove he should start over Brown or Foster (which I am not convinced he will until I see consistent improvement).  

Mans hence why he is my pick for surprise player coming out of the summer

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Jaquan Johnson

What do you see his role as?  Assuming specials and subs.  Dime?  Only things I know about him is what I read on draft sites. 

Edited by BarleyNY

9 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

What do you see his role as?  Assuming specials and subs.  Dime?  Only things I know about him is what I read on draft sites. 

If his measurables were a little more "typical" he'd have been picked at least two rounds earlier. Immediate impact player on STs, leader and could well see some action in dime now that Bush has retired. 

• Like (+1) 1