Which player will surprise us most this summer?

12 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

See some people saying Cole, Allen, etc...would those really be a “surprise” when they are expected to look good lol?  

I like the 2 you chose and also David Sills at the skill positions to potentially turn some heads in camp.  I said on draft night I think Singletary is going to be a hard guy to keep on the bench and feel he will shock some people with how elusive and powerful he is as a RB.  

Another guy I think will surprise some people is Trent Murphy.  He’s got a lot of doubters and haters around here, but now that he’s finally fully back from injury and confident in his body again, I think he’s going to really shine with all the talent in that front 7.

Another guy I like to surprise on D is Kevin Johnson.  I think he is another guy whose got the injuries behind him and will be someone turning heads in camp.  

And the shout out out for the Vets...I think Ty is going to surprise a lot of people and win a starting job in the new OL and Dawkins or Ford may slide inside or he could even push Ford to the bench to bring along slower.  End of the day, they want to protect Allen to the fullest, and I think there is a good chance the rookie will start the season as a reserve and groomed before being handed a starting spot.  We got a lot of quality vets on this team now, so there is no pressure to rush him into starting.

Yes, as  with Singletary and Williams, if players like Murphy (and Johnson, though less vital here as the secondary looks solid) rise to their potential, and a player like Ty, then the Bills will be an excellent team.  The good thing this year is it seems likely that several of these players will come through--and move the Bills to the next level.

And it is different this year than in others, as the base of the team is much more solid than it has been in a long time, so these players can then be the key to a great year..

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Thats really going out on a limb- not that it would be a bad thing but Tyree is really raw.

Yeah it is but when I go for surprises I really go with what would surprise everyone.

Like another

Shaq Lawson coming out of the Summer DOMINATE and the BEST DE on the team

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Yeah it is but when I go for surprises I really go with what would surprise everyone.

Like another

If those 2 things happen no one would complain- well this is TBD, someone will ?

1 hour ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Dawson Knox . Despite being our expected TE1, I think he shows more than one would expect from his draft position and quickly becomes a great safety net for Allen. May not qualify as a surprise though....

Surprised that his name has not come up before this.

More of a 'hope' it happens for me this year, but if he played well, and then Kroft comes back strong, then an extremely weak area of last year's team becomes a strength.  Would move this offense to another level.

Edited by Mister Defense
  • Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Like another

Yes. I can't believe I didn't even think of Lawson until I read your post as he was a much improved last year and made some big plays. I think the Bills will regret declining his 5th year contract option this summer.

THAT would be huge if Lawson excels now. Imagine how good this defense can be if Lawson, Murphy, Oliver, Hughes, all play to their potential this year.

Edited by Mister Defense

13 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

Wyatt Teller

I just hope he gets a fair shake.

12 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

Yes. I can't believe I didn't even think of Lawson until I read your post as he was a much improved last year and made some big plays. I think the Bills will regret declining his 5th year contract option this summer.

THAT would be huge if Lawson excels now. Imagine how good this defense can be if Lawson, Murphy, Oliver, Hughes, all play to their potential this year.

Speaking of the D line..last night on the 11 o'clock news,Joe B said he expects Jordan Phillips to start over Oliver..with Oliver seeing only 20-30% of PT.

I was surprised to hear him say that.

18 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Zay has never really stepped up in his career in Buffalo.  He’s had 2 decent games against NYJ in 2017 and Miami in 2018.  Outside of that he’s very average.  I don’t see any reason why we should expect more...but we’ll see

He can start by learning how NOT to fumble after the catch

Ahh... the old i’d rather tell others how their choices are bad than actually put myself out there and make a pick of my own post. 

What’s wrong, you’re too scared you’ll be wrong? Hard to have an opinion of your own? 

24 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Ahh... the old i’d rather tell others how their choices are bad than actually put myself out there and make a pick of my own post. 

What’s wrong, you’re too scared you’ll be wrong? Hard to have an opinion of your own? 

FWIW Zay started to improve in year 2- I also watched every snap of every game and don’t remember him fumbling much.  Don’t listen to the silliness.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

FWIW Zay started to improve in year 2- I also watched every snap of every game and don’t remember him fumbling much.  Don’t listen to the silliness.

I don't think he's ever fumbled..including w/the Pirates.That was his claim to fame..strong hands.

I don't know what site would show his fumble stats in college.

17 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

By Average you mean being the Bills leader in Every Receiving statistical Category last year right?  

Mans has Owner Power. Though being with the Owners Daughter can be a double edged sword. 

Led the Bills in receiving?  That’s like saying you have you the most beautiful trailer home on the lot.  

6 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

What do you see his role as?  Assuming specials and subs.  Dime?  Only things I know about him is what I read on draft sites. 

Pretty much what Gunner said

He should be a ST demon and can be a contender for the big nickel spot though he's a tad small

He has supreme intangibles and is a heck of a leader. Plays bigger than his size, is good in zone, plays with urgency and can deliver a punishing blow when given the chance

A modern interchangeable safety who can fill multiple roles

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

A nasty kid with the attitude of a gator..he's sure is a high motor defender.a steal in the 5th,no doubt.folks in the upper deck will hear his hits..he tends to drift though..

Yes...excellent Linebacker skill set. I just hope he is disciplined and works well with his coaches. It is important for him to stay focused, learn his play book and follow assignments. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Pretty much what Gunner said

He should be a ST demon and can be a contender for the big dime spot though he's a tad small

He has supreme intangibles and is a heck of a leader. Plays bigger than his size, is good in zone, plays with urgency and can deliver a punishing blow when given the chance

A modern interchangeable safety who can fill multiple roles

Adios to Pitts then,who was bad on ST's last year.

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

I don't think he's ever fumbled..including w/the Pirates.That was his claim to fame..strong hands.

I don't know what site would show his fumble stats in college.

I was trying to be liberal and said “don’t remember much” and sometimes my memory isn’t the best, but I cant recall 1 fumble.