Who Will Be Better in 2019 - The Bills or The Jets

On 7/22/2019 at 6:46 PM, whatdrought said:

Oh boy... 

Darnold = Allen: Both unproved QB's who showed plenty of Good and plenty of bad. Those pounding the table that Darnold is the messiah are buying the big apple hype. Both of these guys could go either way and given the fact that Darnold was worse than he was supposed to be his rookie year, and Allen was much better, the argument could be made that Allen is a better bet this year. 

Bell >? McCoy: I'll give you a maybe on this one. The reality is that both of these guys have a lot to prove. For several years they were top 5 talents- last year has left much of that to question. I think Bell will disappoint, but I'm not convinced that Shady isn't washed up. 

Ty Montgomery << Frank Gore: Duh

Bilal Powel = Devin Singletary: I'll take the push, but I think Singletary is clearly a better option - time will tell.

Elijah McGuire < TJ Yeldon

Anderson < Brown: Anderson has him on potential, but right now Brown is a better player. 

Enunwa < Foster: This is too small a sample to say difinitively, and it's apples to oranges, but I think most teams would take Bobby over Quincy. 

Crowder < Beasley: Come on. 

Herndon > Bills Field: This one I'll give them outright 

Jets Oline < Bills Oline: This one is based on the "on paper" but it's a pretty big gap between the two on paper. 

Jets D <<< Bills D Obvious

And for what it's worth, we took their best Special Teamer. 

Oh, and Most importantly: 

Gase <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< (Clown *****-show) <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< McD. 

Hey- I did pretty well.

On 7/23/2019 at 8:08 AM, ScottLaw said:

Sure.??

Pay the debt- who’d a thunk it’d be due with 3 games left!

On 7/23/2019 at 12:47 PM, SoTier said:

Get back to me when McDermott actually proves he's better than Mularkey or Marrone, both of whom have won playoff games.

Is this a good time, or should we come back later?

On 7/24/2019 at 1:45 PM, krf139 said:

We have a "process" that we need to trust.  Can't wait until we are 2-4, the Jets 5-1, and we hear about the "process."  

Horrible hot take exposed. You were wrong. So wrong. Dyslexia maybe?

On 7/24/2019 at 1:46 PM, SlimShady'sGhost said:

you have that Assbackwards 

NYETS - 

Bills, Browns, @ Patriots, @ Eagles,  Cowboys and Patriots 

LOL  No the NYETS won't be 5-1

Yup. 

On 7/24/2019 at 4:16 PM, Doc said:

The Jets are more likely to go 1-5.

Darnold being a turnover machine is also an issue.

Bingo! On both counts. 

2 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

So to be fair - everything Greg Cossel is pretty much spot on.  The Jets do the better offense.  The Bills have the better defense.  McDermott has the edge over Gase.

No Phill. No they do not. They rank 31st in Yards per game, and 29th in points per game. Even with the bills offensive struggles for large chunks of the season, they beat them by 10 spots. 

You started a thread with a question that was obvious to everyone who isn’t a bills hater. Your parroting of horrible ideas is exposed. Take the L.

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Hey- I did pretty well.

Pay the debt- who’d a thunk it’d be due with 3 games left!

Horrible hot take exposed. You were wrong. So wrong. Dyslexia maybe?

Yup. 

Bingo! On both counts. 

No Phill. No they do not. They rank 31st in Yards per game, and 29th in points per game. Even with the bills offensive struggles for large chunks of the season, they beat them by 10 spots. 

You started a thread with a question that was obvious to everyone who isn’t a bills hater. Your parroting of horrible ideas is exposed. Take the L.

bingo - just another one in a string of limp noodle posts.

with so many bad takes.mods should force him to change to “thrilless Phil”

4 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

So to be fair - everything Greg Cossel is pretty much spot on.  The Jets do the better offense.  The Bills have the better defense.  McDermott has the edge over Gase.

How do the Jets have a better offense?  They score 17.6 ppg vs the Bills 21.1 ppg.  The Jets have 66 yards more of offense but have played an extra game.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think the Jets biggest issue is coaching. Their roster isn’t turrible. 

Coaching is an issue, I believe More so from a leadership standpoint than X's and O's.  Gase had same issues in Miami that's he's having now; still can't  believe they hired him.  But that Roster is top heavy.  I believe they would have a similar record no matter who the coach was.  No depth and bad offensive line doesn't go well with spotty QB play.

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't. Tannehill is having a good 4 or 5 games. We have been here before. He still sucks. 

He's like a less brittle version of Sam Bradford. Wouldn't be shocked to see him get a big deal in the offseason. Smoke and mirrors.

5 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Out of curiosity what did Cossel base that on about the offense? The Jets are ranked 31st in the league and the Bills are 20th. Jets playing a last place schedule. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Out of curiosity what did Cossel base that on about the offense? The Jets are ranked 31st in the league and the Bills are 20th. Jets playing a last place schedule. 

Ok so I can admit when I was wrong.  When I said the Jets had a better offense, I was looking more at their overall offense since Darnold has returned.  I didn’t take the time to look at numbers or anything else, so it was my bad.  

The Jets offense though has been much improved and there were time when they looked really good on Thursday versus Baltimore.  

I didn’t realize they were that bad because they have good talent at QB, RB, and WR, but then again, they did have Luke Falk starting for several weeks.  

So to say the Jets offense is better than the Bills is not correct.  Just a hot take on my part after watching a Bills struggle vs Baltimore and the Jets offense look good at times.  

1 hour ago, purple haze said:

Coaching is an issue, I believe More so from a leadership standpoint than X's and O's.  Gase had same issues in Miami that's he's having now; still can't  believe they hired him.  But that Roster is top heavy.  I believe they would have a similar record no matter who the coach was.  No depth and bad offensive line doesn't go well with spotty QB play.

It looks like they’ll give him another year, at least. 

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

He's like a less brittle version of Sam Bradford. Wouldn't be shocked to see him get a big deal in the offseason. Smoke and mirrors.

Yep. That is a good analogy. He is a guy just good enough to stop you winning because you keep telling yourself that he will take that step. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/14/2019 at 10:05 AM, whatdrought said:

Come back later.  McDermott has not yet coached a team to more than 9 wins but his 2017 team did make the playoffs, so he's accomplished more than Mularkey.  However, Marrone coached Jacksonville to 10 wins, made the playoffs, and has 2 playoff wins, so McDermott hasn't accomplished more than Marrone.

1 minute ago, SoTier said:

Come back later.  McDermott has not yet coached a team to more than 9 wins but his 2017 team did make the playoffs, so he's accomplished more than Mularkey.  However, Marrone coached Jacksonville to 10 wins, made the playoffs, and has 2 playoff wins, so McDermott hasn't accomplished more than Marrone.

Don't be confusing people with your facts. 

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

How many wins does marrone have this year?... or last year? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

The Bills, goes with out saying.

11 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Don’t go confusing people with your facts... ??

Go Bills!!!

31 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Sorry, dude, but McDermott has not accomplished more than Marrone at present.   Since the Bills have not yet clinched a ten win or a playoff berth, things could still go south for the Bills. It's not likely but manure happens.   That's not even counting McDermott coaching the Bills to 2 playoff wins.

Edited by SoTier

On 12/14/2019 at 12:34 PM, Scott7975 said:

How do the Jets have a better offense?  They score 17.6 ppg vs the Bills 21.1 ppg.  The Jets have 66 yards more of offense but have played an extra game.

Oh, you and your points per game. Who cares? We all know the better offense is the one with more 300 yards passing games! The Jets have one, and we do not. So....that’s that!  

?

• Haha (+1) 1