Who Will Be Better in 2019 - The Bills or The Jets

On 7/23/2019 at 9:16 AM, MacGyver said:

Yes, they have done some things right, but things that in the end won't matter all that much.

Passing on Mahomes, picking a 50% passer instead, thinking Peterman was a good idea.

We all know that QB is pretty much all that matters in this league and they have shown gross ineptitude concerning that position.

And I also only respond to comments I care about, sorry I don't care about the vast majority of your comments.

Do you actually type this stuff every time, or do you just copy and paste? Genuinely curious. 

On 7/22/2019 at 6:12 PM, Phil The Thrill said:

After one year here’s what I think: 

Darnold > Allen

Bell > McCoy

Anderson > Foster

Enunwa = Brown

Crowder > Beasley

I agree with you on one.

Anderson better than Foster?  I dont know what youre basing this on.  I would trade McCoy and a 3rd for Bell in a heartbeat.  Would you trade our guy and a 3rd for any of the others?  I know I wouldnt.

4 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I agree with you on one.

Anderson better than Foster?  I dont know what youre basing this on.  I would trade McCoy and a 3rd for Bell in a heartbeat.  Would you trade our guy and a 3rd for any of the others?  I know I wouldnt.

Anderson is the best outside receiver in the AFCE. He has proven a lot more than Foster to this point. I think Foster has similar potential to Anderson and their rookie years are similar statistically but Foster is two years behind on the same road. I think, and even expect, Foster's career to follow a similar upward curve. But he still needs to go and prove it will. At this stage Anderson has done that. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Anderson is the best outside receiver in the AFCE. He has proven a lot more than Foster to this point. I think Foster has similar potential to Anderson and their rookie years are similar statistically but Foster is two years behind on the same road. I think, and even expect, Foster's career to follow a similar upward curve. But he still needs to go and prove it will. At this stage Anderson has done that. 

Foster had excellent numbers the second half.  I like Anderson but his potential is not what Fosters is.

11 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Foster had excellent numbers the second half.  I like Anderson but his potential is not what Fosters is.

I think their potential is very similar actually. I think they can both be solid number 1s. Anderson is ahead of Foster at this point. 

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think their potential is very similar actually. I think they can both be solid number 1s. Anderson is ahead of Foster at this point. 

50, 752, 15.0,  6TDs. is a solid # 1?  If Zay puts up those #s in year three this board will be calling for his head.  I would be disappointed if Foster put up those numbers this season.  I also see one big difference, 15.0 as compared to 20.0.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

Just now, formerlyofCtown said:

50, 752, 15.0,  6TDs. is a solid # 1?  If Zay puts up those #s in year three this board will be calling for his head.  I would be disappointed if Foster put up those numbers this season.  I also see one big difference, 15.0 as compared to 20.0.

I didn't say Anderson was a solid #1. He was pretty close in 2017, took a step back in 2018. I still think a solid #1 is his potential ceiling. I just don't see any reason to put Foster above him yet. He has to prove it on the field. And I like Robert Foster. I think he will lead the Bills in yards in 2019 but I am not going to evaluate him as though he already has. He has to do it. 

3 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

#facts

36 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

#facts

That show Robby Anderson has, to this point done more in the NFL than Foster. That is to be expected, he is 3 years in. Their rookie stats - rookie season v rookie season - are remarkably similar. But there are no facts to this point that support Robert Foster being better than Robby Anderson. That is purely projection and optimism at this stage. 

59 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

That show Robby Anderson has, to this point done more in the NFL than Foster. That is to be expected, he is 3 years in. Their rookie stats - rookie season v rookie season - are remarkably similar. But there are no facts to this point that support Robert Foster being better than Robby Anderson. That is purely projection and optimism at this stage. 

When you break those Rookie seasons down further it paints a different picture.  It shows Foster performed better.  If the second half of the season wasnt a fluke then Anderson couldnt hold Fosters jock.

1 minute ago, formerlyofCtown said:

When you break those Rookie seasons down further it paints a different picture.  It shows Foster performed better.  If the second half of the season wasnt a fluke the Anderson couldnt hold Fosters jock.

How does it?

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

How does it?

You seem to forget that Foster was cut.  Sent to the practice squad and then brought back up.  He played in less games.  Started less games.  I expect Anderson to put up around 850 Yds this season.  I expect Foster to put up 1000+.

I could be wrong though and I think we have a QB that likes to sling it far so I guess that is an advantage #s wise.

1 minute ago, formerlyofCtown said:

You seem to forget that Foster was cut.  Sent to the practice squad and then brought back up.  He played in less games.  Started less games.  I expect Anderson to put up around 850 Yds this season.  I expect Foster to put up 1000+.

So only if you are extrapolating and projecting. Got it. I like Foster. I think he is going to have a a good year. But we have to judge based on what he has actually done at this point. Not acting as though he did it over 16 games when he didn't. 

Just now, GunnerBill said:

So only if you are extrapolating and projecting. Got it. I like Foster. I think he is going to have a a good year. But we have to judge based on what he has actually done at this point. Not acting as though he did it over 16 games when he didn't. 

No Im saying his rookie season was better and my view is based on that.  Dont overlook that part of the statement.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

And if the first day of TC is an indication of things to come (which it may or may not) Brown looks like he's going to be "the man" at the position Foster played last year.  Foster may find himself being the 4th WR in this offense.

1 minute ago, eball said:

And if the first day of TC is an indication of things to come (which it may or may not) Brown looks like he's going to be "the man" at the position Foster played last year.  Foster may find himself being the 4th WR in this offense.

I wouldn't read too much into that yet - the history of the McDermott camps is they use the first week to 10 days to roll through receivers and then they really start to settle down into a pattern of starters / backups etc. 

The way they use their top 4 they have options. I expect Beasley to play the vast majority of snaps from the slot but beyond that you can go Foster at X and Brown at Z; or you can go Foster at X and Zay at Z; or Brown at X and Zay at Z. Or you have the option in certain packages to use Zay as the big slot, with Foster and Brown manning the outisde spots. Foster is a little vulnerable in that of he, Brown and Zay I think he is the least flexible.... he has to play as the X for me. That said, I also think he our most talented receiver and will start and play the majority of snaps at that spot. To me he is the only one of these who could be something special. Beasley and Brown are proven as average / low end #2 options and Zay is in that #3 type territory. If there is a #1 WR on this team it is Robert Foster. 

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I wouldn't read too much into that yet - the history of the McDermott camps is they use the first week to 10 days to roll through receivers and then they really start to settle down into a pattern of starters / backups etc. 

The way they use their top 4 they have options. I expect Beasley to play the vast majority of snaps from the slot but beyond that you can go Foster at X and Brown at Z; or you can go Foster at X and Zay at Z; or Brown at X and Zay at Z. Or you have the option in certain packages to use Zay as the big slot, with Foster and Brown manning the outisde spots. Foster is a little vulnerable in that of he, Brown and Zay I think he is the least flexible.... he has to play as the X for me. That said, I also think he our most talented receiver and will start and play the majority of snaps at that spot. To me he is the only one of these who could be something special. Beasley and Brown are proven as average / low end #2 options and Zay is in that #3 type territory. If there is a #1 WR on this team it is Robert Foster. 

This offense has the makings of a "WR by committee" approach...which is fine with me if all four guys are productive.  Something tells me Zay is going to surprise people this year and by mid-season nobody will be making jokes about Buffalo's passing attack.

• 2 months later...