Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
oldmanfan

[Vague Title] Cause for optimism

Recommended Posts

I was just looking back through some stuff on NFL.com.  Week 17 Allen was offensive player of the week and Edmunds was defensive rookie of the month for December.  Hope the two young leaders carry that type of performance through this coming season.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think McDermott is a coach that’s able to get the most out of his team as well. With the talent they’ve brought in I believe even the most pessimistic of Bills fan can have a glimmer of hope for good things to come 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its a lock

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Chris from Rochester said:

I think McDermott is a coach that’s able to get the most out of his team as well. With the talent they’ve brought in I believe even the most pessimistic of Bills fan can have a glimmer of hope for good things to come 

 

You'd be wrong there. There are "fans" here determined to be correct over being able to see the forest for the trees.

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we are trending up, that much is for sure

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, what you are saying is you decided to read some pretty common knowledge and in turn let us know it made you feel warm and fuzzy?  Got it

  • Meh 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree there is cause for optimism.  Allen MAY be the guy in a way we haven't seen since Kelly.  Edmunds showed flashes of being a dominant LB at an age when most guys are still in college.  We had a solid draft to bolster a roster that is full of young, up & coming players.  I also believe we significantly improved the team with the free agents we signed.  Ditto with the coaching which was further improved. 

 

Bills management has done a nice job of manipulating the salary cap getting the franchise out of a very deep hole.   And as a bonus we'll have cap room next year to push even further up the NFL power ladder.

 

I'm predicting that we make the playoffs with a fair chance to win the division.  My sense is that winning 10 or 11 games this season is not out of the question. 

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Its a lock

First of four!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is just a matter of time. The game experience of the young players and additional pieces will come together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

So, what you are saying is you decided to read some pretty common knowledge and in turn let us know it made you feel warm and fuzzy?  Got it

Yes 

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Each passing day brings us one step closer to dominance over the Patriots

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

 

You'd be wrong there. There are "fans" here determined to be correct over being able to see the forest for the trees.

 

Completely agree with you about being proven correct is the most important thing.  But that goes both ways too, for example people who stated they shouldn't draft Allan will hope he fails to say I told you so, but never publicly admit that.  They will state; "I hope he does great, but don't see it happening" The day if he were to get cut, then all their old posts will pop up saying "I told you so!"  But then you have the other side who blindly defend the team, if a writer puts out an article stating the team is doing good, like the article from Simms about Allen, he's a great writer, but say anything bad, he's just a hack.  Or state anything negative and be told you can't prove that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

 

Completely agree with you about being proven correct is the most important thing.  But that goes both ways too, for example people who stated they shouldn't draft Allan will hope he fails to say I told you so, but never publicly admit that.  They will state; "I hope he does great, but don't see it happening" The day if he were to get cut, then all their old posts will pop up saying "I told you so!"  But then you have the other side who blindly defend the team, if a writer puts out an article stating the team is doing good, like the article from Simms about Allen, he's a great writer, but say anything bad, he's just a hack.  Or state anything negative and be told you can't prove that.

 

Somewhat true, but this board is pretty knowledgeable and the “call-outs” for those attacking our team, more specifically Allen, usually focus on the guys who clearly never watch us.   It’s fairly evident when they quote blind stats and “completion percentage” as their sole metrics.   

 

Those writers/analysts deserve to be called out.  

 

Now, this year, it’s also on Allen, with a better supporting cast, to show them how ill-informed they were. 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m optimistic. I’m choosing to be optimistic. I think there’s a lot to look forward to, so I’m going to have fun with it. If this thing crashes and burns, so be it. We’ve all been here before, and ultimately has no bearing on our lives. 

 

The dying need to be right on a message board...it’s insanely sad. 

  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

I was just looking back through some stuff on NFL.com.  Week 17 Allen was offensive player of the week and Edmunds was defensive rookie of the month for December.  Hope the two young leaders carry that type of performance through this coming season.

 

....VERY shocking the usual "TBD trio" has not negatively opined yet on your optimism....something is wrong.....going to look up 911's number right now...

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Haha (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chris from Rochester said:

I think McDermott is a coach that’s able to get the most out of his team as well. With the talent they’ve brought in I believe even the most pessimistic of Bills fan can have a glimmer of hope for good things to come 

 

I’m afraid you underestimate some of the folks here.....

  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, teef said:

I’m optimistic. I’m choosing to be optimistic. I think there’s a lot to look forward to, so I’m going to have fun with it. If this thing crashes and burns, so be it. We’ve all been here before, and ultimately has no bearing on our lives. 

 

The dying need to be right on a message board...it’s insanely sad. 

As MORE often then not you are correct teef and I couldn’t agree MORE!!!! 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

 

Completely agree with you about being proven correct is the most important thing.  But that goes both ways too, for example people who stated they shouldn't draft Allan will hope he fails to say I told you so, but never publicly admit that.  They will state; "I hope he does great, but don't see it happening" The day if he were to get cut, then all their old posts will pop up saying "I told you so!"  But then you have the other side who blindly defend the team, if a writer puts out an article stating the team is doing good, like the article from Simms about Allen, he's a great writer, but say anything bad, he's just a hack.  Or state anything negative and be told you can't prove that.

 

I could be wrong here, but I get the sense the optimists are more willing to admit what may be wrong than the die hard pessimists are willing to admit what looks good. Those who can truly see and face both sides I have a lot of respect for. 

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

No Ryans.

 

...sideline grease fire.......happened to them in a tanning booth...........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

I was just looking back through some stuff on NFL.com.  Week 17 Allen was offensive player of the week and Edmunds was defensive rookie of the month for December.  Hope the two young leaders carry that type of performance through this coming season.

Both showed big improvements and were playing very well at the end of the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

Yes 

A little positive reinforcement is always good!

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, nucci said:

Both showed big improvements and were playing very well at the end of the season.

 

...and now McBeane has done his due diligence in assembling a cadre of offensive talent (yes I know, on paper so far)....many rightfully said Daboll had garbage to work with last year, starting with the offensive line....even if the talent does not grade out as "A", if it is "B+" versus last year's "C-", the onus is on him to now step up IMO....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, teef said:

 If this thing crashes and burns, so be it. We’ve all been here before, and ultimately has no bearing on our lives. 

 

Exactly. If they stink, throw it on the pile of stink they’ve already created.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...