Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
YoloinOhio

LeSean McCoy expects to be in same role as last year: “I’m a dominant player”

Recommended Posts

52 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

This simply makes no sense whatsoever.   

 

First, watching him last season it was obvious he CAN make those "Shady" cuts.  He just needs some room to make them.  

 

But more importantly, it's fool hardy to expect any guy in the NFL to be an effective player in the league by abandoning what made him effective or better and still be effective doing something else.  Shady is NEVER going to be the north-south runner Gore became - he doesn't have the body and it isn't his style.  

 

If Shady can't be the old Shady, he isn't going to see a lot of snaps.  The Bills obviously think he still is the old Shady.  

I think they believe that he CAN be given the circumstances last year. The OL film doesn’t lie. But they also drafted his replacement just in case. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

I hope that this season Shady understands that he HAS to run N-S.  He can't seem to do those "shady" sharp cuts anymore.

 

Right... what’s a guy with 10k career rushing yards know. 

 

We will see what he can and can’t do. I’m banking on him being ready to go. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been and still am team McCoy... he is not only a game changer. He is a name. One of the few if not ONLY names non Bills fans who watch the NFL casually even know. Not only that, he's funny, has good locker room, on field and sideline presence. Plus he's born in July so he's a Cancer like me. Nobody has a better thought process than us. 

 

Let's go McCoy. Talk that TALK!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Doc said:

 

The ex isn't an issue anymore.  And they don't have a kid together. 

 

 

This is just flat out wrong.  Miami was ranked 14th.  The Bills were 30th.

 

1 hour ago, MJS said:

You love spinning false narratives, don't you?

 

 

My bad.  I was looking at overall O-line play.  https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-2018-nfl-offensive-line-rankings-all-32-teams-units-after-week-17

 

But it will be obvious if the O-line was the reason for McCoy's straight down drop off.  He now has real competition running behind the same line.  There are only 2 reasons why McD brought in old man Gore...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Doc said:

 

This is just flat out wrong.  Miami was ranked 14th.  The Bills were 30th.

 

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

 

You are WAY, WAY off here. The Bills' line play on running plays was the worst I've ever seen by a Buffalo unit, and that encompasses a lot of bad teams over the decades. Anyone who thinks the Bills had better run blocking than Miami last season wasn't watching football. 

Well, that does depend on who you talk to.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-2018-nfl-offensive-line-rankings-all-32-teams-units-after-week-17

PFF had us 26th, and Miami 31st at season's end. I certainly do believe that our run blocking was atrocious, and contributed to a large percentage of Shady's poor season. But, it wasn't the entire reason, was it? I don't believe so. 

There are plenty of people on here who firmly believe that Gore, five years Shady's senior, is a better RB, and will have a greater impact. (I don't) I personally believe that Ivory, given the situations he was put in, running behind the same, crappy O-line, and the type of downhill player he is, did a good job for us. I was sorry they cut him. I would have liked to see what he was capable of behind an improved line.

But, to be honest, I am not entirely optimistic about our run game this year.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

 

Well, that does depend on who you talk to.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-2018-nfl-offensive-line-rankings-all-32-teams-units-after-week-17

PFF had us 26th, and Miami 31st at season's end. I certainly do believe that our run blocking was atrocious, and contributed to a large percentage of Shady's poor season. But, it wasn't the entire reason, was it? I don't believe so. 

There are plenty of people on here who firmly believe that Gore, five years Shady's senior, is a better RB, and will have a greater impact. (I don't) I personally believe that Ivory, given the situations he was put in, running behind the same, crappy O-line, and the type of downhill player he is, did a good job for us. I was sorry they cut him. I would have liked to see what he was capable of behind an improved line.

But, to be honest, I am not entirely optimistic about our run game this year.

I did say run blocking. This analysis focuses a lot on pass blocking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of people underestimate  A) how terrible Juan Castillo was as a coach and B) how that terribleness impacted the offensive line and the coordination between units.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, dpberr said:

A lot of people underestimate  A) how terrible Juan Castillo was as a coach and B) how that terribleness impacted the offensive line and the coordination between units.

 

True, and it wasn't just the OL that sucked. The WR's, TE's, and the QB rotation of Peterman/Anderson/off-the-street Barkley/rookie Allen also did the running game no favors. McCoy is among the 30 greatest RB's to have ever played the game of football. I'm betting on him having an excellent bounce-back season in a drastically improved offense. And I'd like to see Singletary play 1 full quarter of preseason NFL football first before we discuss dumping a future Hall of Fame RB for him. And keeping Yeldon over McCoy? LMAO...

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

My bad.  I was looking at overall O-line play.  https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-2018-nfl-offensive-line-rankings-all-32-teams-units-after-week-17

 

But it will be obvious if the O-line was the reason for McCoy's straight down drop off.  He now has real competition running behind the same line.  There are only 2 reasons why McD brought in old man Gore...

 

Yup, he still needs to prove it.  Gore will be the straight ahead, short-yardage guy and Singletary will be watching and learning initially.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Interesting that he said “there were so many requests for trades for me” ... 

 

He ain't no Greggggggg Williams.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gugny said:

 

He ain't no Greggggggg Williams.

 

...if he was, I'd call the Orkin Man............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MichaelAbdallah said:

 

True, and it wasn't just the OL that sucked. The WR's, TE's, and the QB rotation of Peterman/Anderson/off-the-street Barkley/rookie Allen also did the running game no favors. McCoy is among the 30 greatest RB's to have ever played the game of football. I'm betting on him having an excellent bounce-back season in a drastically improved offense. And I'd like to see Singletary play 1 full quarter of preseason NFL football first before we discuss dumping a future Hall of Fame RB for him. And keeping Yeldon over McCoy? LMAO...

I don’t share your optimism, or vaunted opinion of McCoy, but I would bet money that Yeldon will not be on the team in September. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2019 at 9:10 AM, row_33 said:

 

bounce off the line on the first 2 carries of the game, and head for the sidelines, and kind of disappear for the rest of the game?

 

 

He did say the same role as last season.😎

On 6/14/2019 at 12:28 PM, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

I've been and still am team McCoy... he is not only a game changer. He is a name. One of the few if not ONLY names non Bills fans who watch the NFL casually even know. Not only that, he's funny, has good locker room, on field and sideline presence. Plus he's born in July so he's a Cancer like me. Nobody has a better thought process than us. 

 

Let's go McCoy. Talk that TALK!

If he is a Cancer they should trade him immediately.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/14/2019 at 12:42 PM, Rocky Landing said:

 

Well, that does depend on who you talk to.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-2018-nfl-offensive-line-rankings-all-32-teams-units-after-week-17

PFF had us 26th, and Miami 31st at season's end. I certainly do believe that our run blocking was atrocious, and contributed to a large percentage of Shady's poor season. But, it wasn't the entire reason, was it? I don't believe so. 

There are plenty of people on here who firmly believe that Gore, five years Shady's senior, is a better RB, and will have a greater impact. (I don't) I personally believe that Ivory, given the situations he was put in, running behind the same, crappy O-line, and the type of downhill player he is, did a good job for us. I was sorry they cut him. I would have liked to see what he was capable of behind an improved line.

But, to be honest, I am not entirely optimistic about our run game this year.

Yes that 3.3 per carry and 1 TD were irreplaceable. Ivory belongs on the Wall.

 

Gore is a definite upgrade over Ivory and a different type or RB than McCoy.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2019 at 9:57 AM, Marv's Neighbor said:

I hope that this season Shady understands that he HAS to run N-S.  He can't seem to do those "shady" sharp cuts anymore.

He does them just fine.  When he did it last year he just jumpcut into another unblocked defender.

On 6/14/2019 at 10:29 AM, MJS said:

You love spinning false narratives, don't you?

Yes he does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2019 at 10:43 AM, Shaw66 said:

I've become a big McCoy fan, and I'm really glad to see this.   He says what has seemed apparent to me, which is that the Bills value him a lot more than many people around here.  

 

There are a couple of important points here.  First, Shady must have a good deal left in the tank, because (1) teams have contacted the Bills trying to get him and (2) the Bills wouldn't deal him.  

 

Second, last season's numbers weren't about McCoy having lost a step or anything like that.   This quote says it all, between the lines:  " "I mean, there were some games I wasn't right, but overall, it just didn't work. I'll just leave it at that."  That is certainly the way it looked.   He had no place to run for pretty much the entire season, and he isn't a guy who's going to make holes were there are none.   He needs some space to work with. 

 

One reason I like Shady so much, and a big reason he's still in Buffalo, is that he is 100% team guy.   He doesn't talk much about himself or his production.   He didn't complain at all last season about how little help he was getting.   Even here, all he would say is "it didn't work" and "let's leave it at that."   Half of the offensive linemen he might like to complain about aren't even on the team any more, but he still won't throw them under the bus.  It means he understands it's a team game, and he understands how good teammates behave.  

 

 I take "it didn't work" to mean that he knows that McD and Daboll agree that McCoy's lack of production last season wasn't about McCoy.  

 

And I love that McCoy understands that his team has to be preparing for life without him.  

 

I really like how the Bills are positioned at running back for 2019.  I'm particularly excited about Singletary, because his running style is so much like Shady's.  If the Bills can get the oline right right for Shady, Singletary will do some real damage spelling Shady.   And Gore and Yeldon can do the heavier pounding.  

He did indirectly throw them under the bus during concerning some of Alabamas OL.  But didnt specify which OL he would replace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2019 at 8:03 AM, YoloinOhio said:

Interesting that he said “there were so many requests for trades for me” ... 

Assuming it's true and I have no reason NOT to believe him ,  just wondering who and what was offered for McCoy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think any back for the Bills this year will get over 1000 yards rushing. 

What i do hope for is to get back into the top 5 of yards per carry. This is a great indicator for how well we are rushing the ball. McDermott is going to want to run the ball at least as much as the pass. 4 yards a carry or there about will mean good things for this O. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shady is hands down my favorite Bill and he’s the main reason the drought is over. He’s the 1 guy on this roster that I can live with regardless of performance. He has earned that IMO. Last year was bad. My head knows what I saw but my heart is telling me to wait and see. Shady has earned the benefit of the doubt. If Shady has a repeat performance of last year, we just have to increase the rotation of other backs. Nobody is going to trade for an older RB with a big salary. Shady should stay here until he’s ready to retire. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His ego is now bigger then the talent he brings to the table.  Is he worth headache anymore?  He's not the locker room guy people on this board seem to think he is.  He's also not the reason any "drought" is over.  In my opinion it's still pretty damn arid.  I'm excited to see what the younger guys can do.  The past three years plenty of 1st year RBs have shown they can carry the load. 

  • Skeptical 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Throughout his career he's always been better in the 2nd year of a new offense. I see him as being better than last year, but not having a career year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2019 at 8:59 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

I really hope he has a bounce back year...one because it will help our Bills.  The other, maybe he hits on some bonuses because he will need them for Lawyer fees....he has a crazy ex.

I would bet 1000 bucks he bounces back 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Personally, i dont get why shady got put on the back burner and why it seems so many people are foaming at the mouth to move on. Maybe hes lost a bit, but there were games in 17 where he was just electric. He had a poop oline but when he got the ball in space, it was same ol shady. I mean, i suppose there is a chance the magic is gone, but i need to see it - and i dont consider last year to be said proof. As far as im concerned he is still one of the top play makers on the team who was a victim of circumstance last year. If anything i expect that to motovate him. Imo, the benefit of him on this roster still currently largely out weighs the benefits of him not being on it. Only time will tell 

9 hours ago, YodaMan79 said:

His ego is now bigger then the talent he brings to the table.  Is he worth headache anymore?  He's not the locker room guy people on this board seem to think he is.  He's also not the reason any "drought" is over.  In my opinion it's still pretty damn arid.  I'm excited to see what the younger guys can do.  The past three years plenty of 1st year RBs have shown they can carry the load. 

I thought Yoda knew whats up? If you cant handle the handle, change it to Maul or Dooku

Edited by gobills1212
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2019 at 12:22 PM, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

 

Right... what’s a guy with 10k career rushing yards know. 

 

We will see what he can and can’t do. I’m banking on him being ready to go. 

I think he said, he will be allowed to do Shady stuff. because he will have an o line that gives him enough room and time to find those gaps that can get him to the second level and beyond.
and i do expect Josh to look keep one eye on him at all times when passing. Part of Allens growth. I saw McCoy open in the flats and never glanced at too often last year.

lets work on that  

 : )

11 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I don’t think any back for the Bills this year will get over 1000 yards rushing. 

What i do hope for is to get back into the top 5 of yards per carry. This is a great indicator for how well we are rushing the ball. McDermott is going to want to run the ball at least as much as the pass. 4 yards a carry or there about will mean good things for this O. 

combined yards.

 thats what i expect. From both Gore and Lesean

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...