Offensive Line by Committee? Chris Brown obtained my permission to run with the idea. #Versatility #FergyHasSpoken

11 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

I believe @BringBackFergy was onto this a while ago...

9 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

If anyone was listening to Chris Brown between 12:05pm - 12:10pm today on One Bills Live he stole my idea, claimed it as his own, and Murphy/Tasker gave him props for such an interesting idea. 

Chris Brown - if you’re here...give credit where due. 

For the the rest of you who snickered at me....you mad bro??

You, Sir, are a legend!

We actually had a lengthy discussion at FA time as Beane added solid linemen by the hour. It’s novel, though there’s some recent history of success -putting your best OL against the opponents best DL players. Our OL certainly have different skill sets. But what a challenge it must be to switch up blockers without giving clues what you’re trying to do.

anyway, All Hail the Lunchpail!??

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Unless it's due to injuries, put your best 5 out there, and leave them be.  This sounds like the work of some fancy stats analytics guy whose charts and graphs say that it is okay to play musical chairs with your OL all game, every game.

Read Yolo's tweet about Belicheck changing his OL constantly.  

11 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

This is all about Ford. As I suspected, they WANT him to play RT, but are basically stating they'll get Nike in there and shift him over to guard if need be. I don't think it's much more than that. BUT, perhaps Fergy was on to something. Maybe the five in the lineup will hover a few yards behind the LOS before darting to their predetermined position for any given play. 3rd and 2. Morse at LT. 3rd and 18; Dawkins at center, etc. 

We did this in high school and was highly successful.

We laughed on the sidelines because the defense had no idea what was happening.

• Haha (+1) 2

If McD suggested it then we know it's doomed for failure.  Everybody knows McD is clueless about offense and just wants to Jauron-ball his way through the season.  He's never had an innovative offensive thought in his life.  I'm so done with this team.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I can just hear the expletives from Gregggo 

This really just got me laughing again remembering that few plays we ran. The plays were scripted so we never huddled but the backs and receivers were on the line and us big guys were just kind of wandering around. Defense weren’t even lining up bc they were so confused.

on set everyone shifted to their positions with a silent count snapped the ball

defenders were scrambling trying to get ready

8 minutes ago, eball said:

If McD suggested it then we know it's doomed for failure.  Everybody knows McD is clueless about offense and just wants to Jauron-ball his way through the season.  He's never had an innovative offensive thought in his life.  I'm so done with this team.

And he never makes mistakes!! 

32 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Sounds like a terrible idea to me. 

YeAh, why would this make sense?  O linemen benefit from consistency and knowing the guy next to you.   Plus if you use certain o linemen, you might tip things off.  I hope this is just a silly throwaway idea.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

You, Sir, are a legend!

We actually had a lengthy discussion at FA time as Beane added solid linemen by the hour. It’s novel, though there’s some recent history of success -putting your best OL against the opponents best DL players. Our OL certainly have different skill sets. But what a challenge it must be to switch up blockers without giving clues what you’re trying to do.

anyway, All Hail the Lunchpail!??

Thanks. Even a blind squirrel is the sharpest in the kitchen drawer twice a day.

• Haha (+1) 1