Offensive Line by Committee? Chris Brown obtained my permission to run with the idea. #Versatility #FergyHasSpoken

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Haven't the Patriots been doing this recently?

edit:  Just saw the Sal quote.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

If anyone was listening to Chris Brown between 12:05pm - 12:10pm today on One Bills Live he stole my idea, claimed it as his own, and Murphy/Tasker gave him props for such an interesting idea. 

Chris Brown - if you’re here...give credit where due. 

For the the rest of you who snickered at me....you mad bro??

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 6

1 minute ago, BringBackFergy said:

If anyone was listening to Chris Brown between 12:05pm - 12:10pm today on One Bills Live he stole my idea, claimed it as his own, and Murphy/Tasker gave him props for such an interesting idea. 

Chris Brown - if you’re here...give credit where due. 

For the the rest of you who snickered at me....you mad bro??

I can verify since I'm listening too!

On 6/7/2019 at 11:31 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

They should just play musical chairs and then Allen claps his hands....you have to block the guy in front of you.  So you might have some alignments where Mitch Morse is at Left Tackle blocking Myles Garrett but that's okay.  

You suck.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 6/7/2019 at 10:24 AM, BringBackFergy said:

I know you are probably thinking there's a link to a profound article in this post, but NO. I came up with his idea all on my own. Watch how the football experts like ESPN, ProFootball Talk and Yahoo will pick up on this and run with it.  You guys just remember that old Fergy was the first to recognize the clear goal of our head coach: He is building an 5  cylinder engine on the O Line with pistons firing from different positions at all different times.

Here's what I mean:

What is McDermott's #1 goal in finding a suitable Offensive lineman??  ANSWER: Versatility

We have tackles that have played guard. We have guards that have played center. We have guards who played tackle. Shoot, we even had a TE who played tackle.  The point is, all through OTA's and minicamp, we have seen a variety of players playing at different spots.  Where else do we see this? On the defensive line of course.  DT's move to outside, DT's drop back, DE's move inside, DE/Linebackers move inside, etc.  So why not incorporate the movement and versatility of Offensive linemen in the same manner?

For example:  On 1st and 10, Morse lines up at center, Dawkins at Left Tackle, Feliciano at left Guard, Ford at right Guard and Nyseke at right Tackle. We gain 4 yards on a run play.  On 2nd and 6, we break huddle and Feliciano take the Center position, Dawkins moves to right Guard (his position for years) , Ford moves to right Tackle, Morse takes left Guard and Nyseke moves over to left Tackle.  The defensive ends and DT's will wonder what the hell is going on because most of them have studied film on the individual designated at that spot in front of them.  The versatility will throw them off.  Every great offense has to be innovative. 

In addition, versatility allows McDermott to create a stable of 8 O-lineman who can play all different positions.  Just like McDermott cycles D lineman in to keep them fresh, he will substitute in O linemen or move them around the line every 3rd down or two to not only maintain "fresh legs" but to keep the defensive line guessing who they will be matched up against. It's a chess match, and McDermott is Bobby Fisher.

Keep an eye out. This is the wave of the future and McDermott will be the innovator.

You mean like the Patriots have been doing with OL Combos for years now?

This is all about Ford. As I suspected, they WANT him to play RT, but are basically stating they'll get Nike in there and shift him over to guard if need be. I don't think it's much more than that. BUT, perhaps Fergy was on to something. Maybe the five in the lineup will hover a few yards behind the LOS before darting to their predetermined position for any given play. 3rd and 2. Morse at LT. 3rd and 18; Dawkins at center, etc. 

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

4D chess!

maybe

Musical Chairs ....  When the music (Bills make me want to Shout) stops you pick a position 

3 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Unless it's due to injuries, put your best 5 out there, and leave them be.  This sounds like the work of some fancy stats analytics guy whose charts and graphs say that it is okay to play musical chairs with your OL all game, every game.

lol  

I just read that after I posted