OBJ missing Cleveland OTAs

54 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

But what to replace them with? Something mandatory or nothing at all? Expand TC? Teams have to be able to have the time to install their playbooks with the players and coaches on the field and having the ability to interact with one another--yes it's voluntary but at your own schematic peril if you're the new guy especially. 

I'd demand they're mandatory at the next CBA if I was the league.  Obviously, the NFL would have to give the players association something they want in return.  Most players wouldn't have a problem making them mandatory regardless.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Do you also get February to June off ? If you did, would you watch TV and play video games each and every day ? Or would you otherwise engage in activities which will keep you good at your craft ?

Your analogy is not even remotely similar. 

Taking advantage of opportunities to play is not the same as avoiding hard hits in a preseason game or for a QB to avoid a huge hit in a regular game. I absolutely approve of the latter to protect player in the larger picture. I am okay with OBJ not going full bore in these OTAs to avoid injuries but he needs to be there. 

While OBJ may not need to practice to hone his own craft, he does need to think about Mayfield who is entering a critical second year. I wont debate this point much more as we are both inflexible in this debate. 

Meh, I’m fine with if he wants to show up. I just don’t think it tanks the whole season the miss a couple OTAs. 

He can can work out with baker any day he wants, regardless of if there’s defense and special teams and guards around too. 

it can be a symptom of a bigger problem if he’s boycotting any work at all but in a vacuum his 45 minutes playing catch in shorts at 80% while kickers take chip shots and tackles hit dummies doesn’t stress me and never will. If he’s studying the book and working out, this isn’t major drama. 

Just like it won’t be a big deal for our many guys rehabbing 

• Like (+1) 1

At the end of the day, I doubt OTA's really have a big impact on the field in the fall.  And I would say its kind of expected for players to miss OTA's if there is a contract dispute or if they have a life event of some sort.  Even though OTA's probably dont matter that much, I think it does matter when a clown like OBJ does not show up.  You are part of a team, a new team....get to know your teammates, work with them, have fun with them.   His attitude and effort take away from his talent and make just a great receiver. He has the ability to be the best in the game but he chooses to not be that.  I am glad he is not on the Bills.

2 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the Bills have 100% attendance for OTAs. right?

I haven't seen anyone missing mentioned anywhere except for Cole Beasley early on and that was weather related apparently.

2 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the Bills have 100% attendance for OTAs. right?

I think that is correct which is awesome and don’t get me wrong but I have gotten super wary of all of these type of offseason wins over the past two decades.

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Leonhart2017 said:

I think that is correct which is awesome and don’t get me wrong but I have gotten super wary of all of these type of offseason wins over the past two decades.

I say this every year! Yay, we're winning the offseason!

• Haha (+1) 1

All I know is I would NEVER invest big money into any player who could not be bothered to be here voluntary or not.

Like its been said. Its about building chemistry, its about being a team, its about doing what is expected of you for the ludicrous amount of money you are being paid.

How many people here saying it's no big deal would be losing their ***** if a player pulled this with the Bills? 

Speaking of which, where is ScottLaw?

Edited by Doc
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 5/30/2019 at 6:09 PM, twist_to_open said:

He was there for the first day, before they actully took the field and the press was there in force. Once the cameras packed up and left he disappeared. Classic team player.

Trust his process

On 5/31/2019 at 7:03 PM, Doc Brown said:

I'd demand they're mandatory at the next CBA if I was the league.  Obviously, the NFL would have to give the players association something they want in return.  Most players wouldn't have a problem making them mandatory regardless.

Give em a doobie.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

How many people here saying it's no big deal would be losing their ***** if a player pulled this with the Bills? 

Speaking of which, where is ScottLaw?

The number is less than the number of people here who have said it's "No big deal" when Bills players skipped OTAs..

On 5/31/2019 at 10:46 PM, Warcodered said:

I haven't seen anyone missing mentioned anywhere except for Cole Beasley early on and that was weather related apparently.

by RotoWire Staff

May 21, 2019 at 11:23 am ET

Beasley was not participating in OTAs on Tuesday after undergoing core muscle surgery a few weeks ago, Chris Brown of the Bills' official site reports.

It's unclear exactly what led to the injury and ultimately surgery for Beasley, and it is also unknown how long the wideout will remain on the sidelines. It's all speculation at this point, so consider Beasley day-to-day until the Bills can provide a more concrete update on his timeline

22 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

VOLUNTARY.

Not a one of you would show up to your "regular" jobs voluntarily.

...so what?....then "VOLUNTEER"....regardless of your NFL stature elsewhere, you are new to this uniform...and don't tell me about Brady...he has more than earned his stripes...volunteering for my regular job?.....I'm a salaried exec and regularly "volunteer" to work Saturdays and/or Sundays because I damn well know my responsibilities to the organization....SMH.......

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

The number is less than the number of people here who have said it's "No big deal" when Bills players skipped OTAs..

I don't recall too many Bills players skipping OTAs.