OBJ missing Cleveland OTAs

13 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

when you bring in an " elite" player to help turn the Franchise around , you might want him to have a fan friendly personna as well. its a business after all.

The Kids would love his autographs. and businesses would likely want him as spokesperson etc.
This looks awful on the Browns GM etc.

If I am the QB , i am going to look for the guys i trust first. Not the supposed superstar. and i at camp i am the safety playing over the top. I am going to welcome him to cleveland on the field.

Hello jack ass. now go find your helmet if you can.

yes i have always disliked  odell.

You'd show him.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

They are assuming he's healthy.  Had over 1000 in 12 games last year.  I don't think they are relying on "hope".

He missed 12 games the year before. 

8 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Were you frustrated with Bruce Smith once the season started? He barely showed up for training camp.

I agree it would look good and be a nice media story if he was there. Honestly I think it is a bad move on his part. If he shows up and runs 10 routes in shorts no one would say anything.

But my point is I just don't think these OTAs matter much and he will show up for camp ready to go.

I was frustrated when the team didn’t reach its goal, regardless of how much camp Smith missed. But that’s just me as a fan. This is about the coach Freddie Kitchens’ frustration with obj, and I just think it’s fair for him to question why he wouldn’t want to be with the team given the circumstances that lie behind him and ahead of him.  

• Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

That was the injury part, yes.

He's not injured.

He's had more than one injury and has missed a full season's worth of games the past 2 years.  Suffice it to say they can't assume anything.

40 minutes ago, Doc said:

He's had more than one injury and has missed a full season's worth of games the past 2 years.  Suffice it to say they can't assume anything.

Ok, I guess if you put it under "any player can get injured at any time", then you are certainly correct.

But a drop in production due to injury beats a drop in production in the absence of injury, don't you agree?

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Ok, I guess if you put it under "any player can get injured at any time", then you are certainly correct.

But a drop in production due to injury beats a drop in production in the absence of injury, don't you agree?

Two years in a row with a significant injury that knocks him out numerous games.  Which was another reason I didn't want the Bills to pursue him.  But just like the OTA thing, not my concern. 

And yes, a drop in production due to injury is better than due to natural decline.  But we'll see if ODJ's availability continues to be a problem and how Shady does this year.

47 minutes ago, Doc said:

Two years in a row with a significant injury that knocks him out numerous games.  Which was another reason I didn't want the Bills to pursue him.  But just like the OTA thing, not my concern. 

And yes, a drop in production due to injury is better than due to natural decline.  But we'll see if ODJ's availability continues to be a problem and how Shady does this year.

You’re saying he’s injury prone.  

We we shall see.

9 hours ago, without a drought said:

You'd show him.

oh boy i get hopping mad

i should post a picture of Yosemite Sam all rootin' tootin' and dang burnit  ing 

lol

11 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

lol this is funny.  Mayfield can't wait for OBJ to show. 

I object. that's an assumption based on your opinion.

btw 

he is Still waiting. Mayfield that is..  :   )

Edited by 3rdand12

5 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

You’re saying he’s injury prone.  

We we shall see.

No, not saying definitively that he's injury prone, just that it's possible he's becoming injury prone.  A knock I had on Sammy, although he's not near the receiver OBJ is.

1 hour ago, 3rdand12 said:

oh boy i get hopping mad

i should post a picture of Yosemite Sam all rootin' tootin' and dang burnit  ing 

lol

I object. that's an assumption based on your opinion.

btw 

he is Still waiting. Mayfield that is..  :   )

Wrong on all counts.

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/video/cleveland-browns-quarterback-baker-mayfield-i-just-started-screaming-when-i-hear

On 6/3/2019 at 1:50 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Yes, he’s made the decision to do the bare minimum for his new team. We will see how that works out for him and for them. If they win, he won’t be criticized. If they don’t, he will. We all know how well he’s dealt with criticism in the past.  He’s setting himself up, considering it’s a franchise with a losing pedigree. They have a lot of inexperience and little winning going into a season with very high expectations.  For the first half of the season, until Kareem hunt’s suspension is up, he’s considered the biggest addition on offense who is supposed to put them over the top. Their offense was good against bad defenses last year and bad against good defenses. They need a ton of work, it’s not going to be some magical formula of talent on paper = wins. So I understand the coach’s frustration. If he was on the Bills right now, I’d be frustrated as a fan. 

For all you know, whatever he’s doing is more impactful than attending and he could be doing a ton all offseason. To assume he’s doing the bare minimum because he missed some voluntary practices is a jump. Perhaps fair but easily could be inaccurate 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

No, not saying definitively that he's injury prone, just that it's possible he's becoming injury prone.  A knock I had on Sammy, although he's not near the receiver OBJ is.

Well every NFL player is “becoming” injury prone....

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

Wait.  Did Odell show up?

Was this whole thing a big bunch of nothing like it always is, every year, with a star player playing for a new team?

Thought so.

But....but...."chemistry" and...."give a damn"!!

This thread was good for a few laughs.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

Wait.  Did Odell show up?

Was this whole thing a big bunch of nothing like it always is, every year, with a star player playing for a new team?

Thought so.

He showed up yesterday for mandatory minicamp. I’m sure Kitchens is starting to feel better. Who are you referring to here?

Edited by YoloinOhio

43 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He showed up yesterday for mandatory minicamp. I’m sure Kitchens is starting to feel better. Who are you referring to here?

Everyone who thought this was ever a big deal.  Same with Bell in Jersey. 

8 pages of nothing.

14 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

8 pages of nothing.

The thread is about how his coach thought it was a big deal. Anyway, who are you referring to as the star players on new teams who chose  not to attend OTAs every year before this? 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

The thread is about how his coach thought it was a big deal. Anyway, who are you referring to as the star players on new teams who chose  not to attend OTAs every year before this? 

It's not necessarily new teams.  The point is that this no show for OTAs is commented on (in a predictable fashion) in a way that is completely disproportionate to it's actual importance.

It's something the press and fans to talk about. That's it.

2 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

8 pages of nothing.

What if nobody showed up for voluntary OTAs? Would it be a big deal then?