Sign in to follow this  
IgotBILLStopay

Which trade do you prefer?

Which trade do you prefer?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the 3 trades (all mentioned in the media in the past 2 days) do you prefer? L'veon Bell, Jadeveon Clowney, Kyle Rudolph (multiple choices allowed)

• Le'Veon Bell (13 mill guaranteed) for 2020 2nd rounder + 5th rounder (or Shady in place of 5th rounder)
    • Jadeveon Clowney (say, 50 million guaranteed) for 2020 2nd rounder + 4th rounder
    • Kyle Rudolph (one year 7.275 million) for a 2020 fifth rounder

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

On bare numbers - yes. On pressure per rush, he doesn't. Clark was sent hunting a lot more than Clowney.

I believe you are correct but what Im saying is robably what GMs are saying.  He wants a huge contract and without seeing him play DE in the NFL teams will be reluctant.

Posted (edited)

Who is willing to give up Frank Clark type of compensation for Clowney before we know what we have on offense? Plus we’d have to give him a $100 million deal.  They aren’t ready for that type of move imo. Learn what your offense can do this season and take your home run swings next season if it’s appropriate to do so. 

Edited by Buffalo30
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Posted (edited)

Only one I would dismiss right away would be Bell.  You can't know for sure what you get from him with a year away from the game and he is invested heavily into by his contract.  Plus it is divisional and I wouldn't want to lose that draft compensation to the Jets even though all they will do is draft another DT with the pick anyways

Edited by Billzgobowlin

When you have a poll with 3 'names' and one only requires a 5th while the others require a 2nd, the aforementioned poll might not be necessary lol

• Like (+1) 1

Rudolph because I don't want to give up a 2nd in 2020 under almost any conditions. The 2020 draft is going to make the 2019 draft look like garbage imo.

9 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

McCoy has played well for us and by all accounts is great in the locker room. It is very clear from their on field interactions that McCoy and Allen get along famously.

Why is it that every day there is a new way to get rid of him?  It's ridiculous.

I felt last year was pretty clear that he lost a serious steps.  I know the line was garbage, but speed wasn't there even when there were gaps for him to sneak through.  By the end of next season I wouldn't expect him to be the lead back unless Singeltary is hurt or struggles.

...That being said, I'm not trading for or paying Bell.

Absolutely no on Bell.

Maybe on Clowney.  Not sold he's a real impact player.

Rudolph would be worth a Day 3 pick.

Rudolph would be my top choice, but I voted for the bell trade just because the Jets trading him before he plays a down for a 2nd and a 5th would be hilarious 

• Haha (+1) 1

I want to roll over cap space and see how this team  can do. 

I would do the Rudolph and Clowney trades TODAY at those values if we could pull it off.

Big no to Bell tho.

Explain to me why we would want to help out the Jets by taking the Bell contract?  They screwed themselves for the next few years with this year's off season moves.

Clowney would be awesome. A 2nd + a 4th would be great value. Especially if the 4th was in 2021. Maybe they'd take a player? Shady? Zay Jones?

rudolph for a third or less? easy yes.  guy is just a nice tight end. 

I have zero interest in trading for Leveon Bell. Giving up resources for a player we didn't consider in FA is ludicrous.

I like the Rudolph option.  Hell, I was willing to trade our 2020 and 2021 first round reindeer draft picks to Santa just a couple weeks ago.

Bell for a 2nd is laughable.

Clowney, at that price, I would say yes.

Rudolph for a 5th feels like the type thing where we should be getting a 6th back too.

I've almost always been in the "can't trade a 1st for a player" camp, and the draft worked out perfect for us, but for a while when it looked like Oliver was likely gone and we'd be taking someone like Jonah Williams, thinking we could have just gotten Odell Beckham for that pick was giving some serious "hingsight is 20/20".

38 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Bell for a 2nd is laughable.

Clowney, at that price, I would say yes.

Rudolph for a 5th feels like the type thing where we should be getting a 6th back too.

I've almost always been in the "can't trade a 1st for a player" camp, and the draft worked out perfect for us, but for a while when it looked like Oliver was likely gone and we'd be taking someone like Jonah Williams, thinking we could have just gotten Odell Beckham for that pick was giving some serious "hingsight is 20/20".

Always hold on to those 1st rounders. :thumbsup:

Rudolph would be nice.

I think Clowney takes the defense to another level. A pass rush of Oliver, Hughes and Clowney would be near the top of the league I'd imagine. 

I'd be good with both trades immediately. We have the cap space right now and don't have to pay Josh Allen yet. This is the time to make a move for an expensive contract. 

None of those trades seem plausible to me. Why would a 2nd rounder get it done for Clowney? Why would a 5th be enough for Rudolph?

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Always hold on to those 1st rounders. :thumbsup:

At this point in the season, absolutely.

When you are leading up to the draft and premier players in the middle of their prime come on the block and you have a boatload of cap space it's time to have a conversation.

At this point I would be less bothered by giving up a second for Clowney because I believe we're in for a good year (even better with him on the line) so I think it'd be a late second rounder. A 4th as well? Hmmm, that's pushing it but I'd probably go for it. Beane is good at trades so he'd probably find a way to get the 4th back at least.

The idea of Clowney is great. The reality not so much. Too expensive in dollars and draft picks.  Too oft injured. 

Better to draft an Edge next year. Usually getting younger on defense is the way to go

Sign in to follow this