Bills dont draft a WR

5 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

I know, a minority, a nuisance, but damn, how can that be your goal? 

please suck so that i can come back here and say i was right!

There have always been, and will always be, those types around here. And on every message board for that matter. Certain people who think this is some sort of competition and not just friendly discussion (and sometimes lively debate). Usually looking to compensate for things not going their way in real life.

Just now, NewEra said:

The bias being “people that don’t this Dk is nearly as good as Chemical”

People that can see that DK is a one trick pony based on his tape being the same people that see how elusive Singletary is based on  years of tape

Sad but so true, 

When dk puts up 1000 & 10 as a rookie what will your excuse be? Russel Wilson is better than Allen is my guess. 

Even if if it’s not DK, one or more of these receivers is going to be a stud. We decided not to take a lottery ticket. That’s fine but don’t act like it wasn’t suggested we grab one of these guys when a couple are pro bowlers in a few years and Brown/Beasley are 34 years old. 

7 minutes ago, Chemical said:

When dk puts up 1000 & 10 as a rookie what will your excuse be? Russel Wilson is better than Allen is my guess. 

Even if if it’s not DK, one or more of these receivers is going to be a stud. We decided not to take a lottery ticket. That’s fine but don’t act like it wasn’t suggested we grab one of these guys when a couple are pro bowlers in a few years and Brown/Beasley are 34 years old. 

Reaching for a "lottery ticket" at a skill position in the first 50 picks instead of sticking to your board AND building the trenches, is exactly the type of thinking that kept the Bills out of the playoffs for 20 years.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Chemical said:

We will draft one next year when there are legit #1 WRs , not WRs that will be #2s like this years crop

DK will actually play in Seattle due to Baldwin’s career being over and Lockett being their only other target.  Having RW definitely helps.   He wouldn’t get the same reps here. There’s a chance he sits on the bench all year with us.  

If we took DK, we wouldn’t have Ford.  You mention that the problem you have is drafting Singletary......yet talk about DK.  Drafting Singletary has nothing to do with DK, he was off the board.  So now the problem you have is that we didn’t trade up for DK?  

Sure, there will be a solid WR that we passed on after we picked Singletary.  Maybe 1 or 2.  Slight chance there are more.  Does that mean that we would’ve selected those players?  You admit that they are “lottery” tickets.  Singletary isn’t a lottery ticket.  He’s a very good rb

Just now, Chemical said:

That's a bold prediction that. So now there will be a stud and couple pro bowlers out of this WR class? Is that your prediction? 

Just so you know, which I'm sure you do since you seem to know the position so well, not one rookie WR in the 2018 class went over 1000 yards. Did you know a rookie WR in the 2017 class didn't go over 1000 yards either?  The last rookie WR to go over 1000 yards in his rookie year was Micael Thomas and he was way, way better coming out than DK.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Metcalf might be cold around here come November always walking with his shirt off.  I was big on AJ Brown and diasppointed we didn't find a way to move back into the 2nd round to snag him.

Brown is the guy I was hoping we’d land as well.  He’s an all around wr as opposed to a one trick pony.

4 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

That's a bold prediction that. So now there will be a stud and couple pro bowlers out of this WR class? Is that your prediction? 

Just so you know, which I'm sure you do since you seem to know the position so well, not one rookie WR in the 2018 class went over 1000 yards. Did you know a rookie WR in the 2017 class didn't go over 1000 yards either?  The last rookie WR to go over 1000 yards in his rookie year was Micael Thomas and he was way, way better coming out than DK.

He knows.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, NewEra said:

We will draft one next year when there are legit #1 WRs , not WRs that will be #2s like this years crop

DK will actually play in Seattle due to Baldwin’s career being over and Lockett being their only other target.  Having RW definitely helps.   He wouldn’t get the same reps here. There’s a chance he sits on the bench all year with us.  

If we took DK, we wouldn’t have Ford.  You mention that the problem you have is drafting Singletary......yet talk about DK.  Drafting Singletary has nothing to do with DK, he was off the board.  So now the problem you have is that we didn’t trade up for DK?  

Sure, there will be a solid WR that we passed on after we picked Singletary.  Maybe 1 or 2.  Slight chance there are more.  Does that mean that we would’ve selected those players?  You admit that they are “lottery” tickets.  Singletary isn’t a lottery ticket.  He’s a very good rb

We played it perfectly with WR in the draft and FA, IMO.

Duke, Foster, McKenzie, Beasley, Brown, Sills, Duke, Roberts - shake these guys out and fill the WR need in a class with A+ prospects. I see #s2-4 in here, get some more separtion between the group and fill the need next year. AJ, Hollywood, N'Keal (who I liked) aren't going to push this group enough long term. The assets were better used elsewhere

Edited by Reed83HOF
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You know. A RB has never been a bust before. This is where I have a problem with people’s assessment of the draft. Every guy we pick is a sure thing. While each WR we passed on has a chance to be a bust. 

36 minutes ago, Chemical said:

You know. A RB has never been a bust before. This is where I have a problem with people’s assessment of the draft. Every guy we pick is a sure thing. While each WR we passed on has a chance to be a bust. 

You’ll see.  

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Their WRs are an average group that really needs Foster to continues to emerge.... if he doesn't they'll look even worse.

They didn't do enough at the position for Allen, IMO. 

Just an opinion. Don't get mad.???

“Even worse” than what?  The dumpster fire we had last year at WR?

We kept the only two guys with any potential and then brought in Brown and Beasley.  

15 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Their WRs are an average group that really needs Foster to continues to emerge.... if he doesn't they'll look even worse.

They didn't do enough at the position for Allen, IMO. 

Just an opinion. Don't get mad.???

Too late!!!

22 hours ago, Gugny said:

I AM MAD!!!!!!!!!!!

5 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Who would they have drafted in round 2-7 that would of beaten out Brown or Foster?  I don’t think any of them would have.  I’m glad they didn’t take one just for the sake of taking one.  They invested in Brown and Beasley and probably are very excited for what Foster showed them in the second half of last season.  Allen seemed to have a good rapport with Foster.  

I think Hakeem Butler and AJ Brown are going to be good. We’ll see. Draft is a crap shoot.

• Like (+1) 1

I kinda understand it. The Z and slot spots are pretty well stocked at this point and this draft was pretty weak on X guys after DK Metcalf. I still would have liked to take one, but it’s not the end of the world. 

Edited by DCOrange