Bills dont draft a WR

2 minutes ago, JustWinPlease said:

The one thing that worries me is that the Panthers could never find Cam Newton any good WRs...

I'm scared that Beane will struggle doing the same for Josh Allen.

(I like the guys we have, but I just think they're all more like #3-#4 WRs.)

Good observation and valid concern, for sure. Im more just bustin chops here.

I understand we could definitely upgrade the WR position. With the Antonio Brown talk, I'm thinking Beane understands that as well. I'm hoping they arent done making moves there.

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Good observation and valid concern, for sure. Im more just bustin chops here.

I understand we could definitely upgrade the WR position. With the Antonio Brown talk, I'm thinking Beane understands that as well. I'm hoping they arent done making moves there.

I think we have seen pretty clearly that Beane is always open to making moves but he's also not one to overpay just to fill a need.

L Glad this thread was started, I'm actually happy we didn't add a WR .We have 4 WR (Beasley, Smokey Brown, Foster and Zay) who at least have proven they can make an impact in this league. I know ppl will trash Zay but he was the #1 WR many games , going against the best or 2nd best CB usually . He will now be matched up with much less talented CB. Entering year 3 , feel he has lots of potential and can make a jump. Don't forget about Andre Roberts who is mainly just a return man and possibly the best 1 in the game . That's 5 WR right there!

They drafted Ray Ray last year , brought in McKenzie and Duke Williams and probably a couple UDFA to battle for 1 or 2 spots. Also add Kroft,Knox at TE and Yeldon who joins Shady as another great receiving RB. 

I don't understand why people are upset for not drafting a WR. We have the first 5 WR I mentioned that are locks to make the roster! It wasn't a need imo or at least not a big need at all. 

Like Beane said when asked about drafting Singletary over a WR , there was none rated higher, so he goes BPA , again , it's also not a need anyway! 

Plus revamping an atrocious OL is one of the best ways to improve the pass game. 

R-E-L-A-X 

14 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

DK must have stole money from Brandon Beane

Image result for sneaky people gif

He was just EXTREMELY overrated by the armchair GMs on TV and social media.

55 minutes ago, JustWinPlease said:

The Cardinals drafted Isabella, Butler and Johnson to go with Murray.

The Browns drafted Callaway and Ratley to go with Mayfield...not to mention trading for Landry and Beckham, so drafting a WR wouldn't be needed.

The Jets didn't draft anybody because, well, they're the Jets.

The Ravens drafted Brown and Boykin this year, and Scott and Lasley last year to go with Jackson.

The Redskins drafted McLaurin and Harmon to go with Haskins.

The Broncos drafted Sutton last year to go with Lock.

Your point?!?

We aquired two starting caliber WR in FA! Do ppl not listen to the front office philosophy? Beane has said multiple times that he addresses need in FA and goes BPA in the draft! There wasn't a WR who was BPA when we picked. 

Ppl are acting like WR is a major need and I just don't understand how most of you guys don't see that! Our starting WR week 1 compared to week 1 last year will be night and day, we vastly improved the position , not only from FA but by guys like Foster and Zay taking the next step , which will make them very dangerous. 

• Like (+1) 1

For anyone saying we don't have any "star" WRs, only average guys: I'm not sure there was a star WR AVAILABLE in this draft. Certainly the fact that only one went in the 1st round is telling. Hollywood Brown maybe has star potential, but he would have been a redundant addition given that we already have Foster and Smokey Brown. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

There were several WRs I really wanted, some early and some later targets.  

That being said, I love our overall draft still.  Look, you can’t upgrade every position in a draft.  I love the Oliver and Ford picks even though I had really wanted one of Harry, Metcalf, or Deebo in first 2 rounds.  And in the third I love both Singletary and Knox picks, two I guys I expected us to land anyway.  So while I would have been thrilled to take Butler there, I was also thrilled to get those guys.  

Now some one of the late round targets are still available as UDFA...guys like Stanley Morgan Jr, David Sills V, Anthony Johnson and Emmanuel Hall.

So hoping we add one more out of that group too.  

In in the end, I think what this said about Beane and McD is that they think a lot more of Duke than some people on this board.  Why do I say that?  Well Foster is still developing, Brown has had trouble staying healthy, Zay struggles catching, and Cole is more of a slot WR obviously.  

So the other 3 guys competing for outside time all have their own question marks.  Will Brown stay healthy?  Will Foster develop more of his game?  Will Zay improve enough to even contend to start?  

So, while our WR room is better now, it’s still got questions.  So I think they must feel pretty good about Duke to not look to add one more guy to the room and competing during the draft.

I think this is the reason they shied away from WRs this year: https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/the-2020-wr-class-could-truly-be-historic

Just now, Logic said:

For anyone saying we don't have any "star" WRs, only average guys: I'm not sure there was a star WR AVAILABLE in this draft. Certainly the fact that only one went in the 1st round is telling. Hollywood Brown maybe has star potential, but he would have been a redundant addition given that we already have Foster and Smokey Brown. 

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/the-2020-wr-class-could-truly-be-historic

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Agreed.  Very slim class at WR this year.  It is still a need position for the Bills but I'm still glad they drafted the way they did.  

1 minute ago, Rampage said:

Sad that the board doesn't realize this. Thankfully Beane is our GM.

Thank you! At least there's some of you out there who realize that we have a legit WR corps who have different skill sets and alot to offer. Shady/Yeldon are elite receiving RB as well! We have plenty of legit options in the pass game

And again , the major improvement of the OL is probably more important than any WR we brought in or could have brought in! 

• Like (+1) 1

Good WR's were not exactly abundant in this draft.

The Bills added two starting caliber WR's in FA and have a 3rd starter between Foster & Jones. 

The two UDFA WR's the Bills just signed are intriguing.  I'm betting one of these guys not only makes the team but see's playing time at wide out.   

Throw in the CFL guy who may be a lot better then we think and the Bills are okay at WR.  Frankly OL & TE were much higher priority's then WR and they seem to have fixed both those areas. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oh, man....there's cryin' about this all over the board.

Does the fact that we've signed 2 wideouts as UDFA (so far) help out?

and a legit TE and a runner with good hands.