Bills dont draft a WR

2 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Thank you! At least there's some of you out there who realize that we have a legit WR corps who have different skill sets and alot to offer. Shady/Yeldon are elite receiving RB as well! We have plenty of legit options in the pass game

And again , the major improvement of the OL is probably more important than any WR we brought in or could have brought in! 

Exactly, and in all honestly what are the odds of even taking a receiver in the 6th or 7th rounds and having them become an elite number one wideout? I'd rather they follow the board and go BPA which is what it looks like they did.

This wasn't the best class for receivers either considering where all the "top guys" ended up going.

Beane just said in the presser they had WRs they really liked and thought they could help this team and it was tough to not take them, but they stayed true to their board.  

Said it just didn’t fall that way.  I would bet for sure he is at least referencing the Cody pick as he said they didn’t expect him to be there as was the BPA on their whole board at that point.  I bet you if Cody was gone that would have been where they went WR as most were still on board.  

After the Bills didn’t draft one in Round 1 and 2, I stopped caring. Unless it’s a really good WR, it will be tough to crack the lineup or to get many reps on the field.

In the case of Foster and Zay, you don’t quite know what you have in them as a WR.  Brown and Beasley are good compliments.  Then you have other players like Duke Williams.  The position can always be improved, but I’m not so sure how much drafting a WR in the 3rd or 4th round really improves the unit

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Good WR's were not exactly abundant in this draft.

The Bills added two starting caliber WR's in FA and have a 3rd starter between Foster & Jones. 

The two UDFA WR's the Bills just signed are intriguing.  I'm betting one of these guys not only makes the team but see's playing time at wide out.   

Throw in the CFL guy who may be a lot better then we think and the Bills are okay at WR.  Frankly OL & TE were much higher priority's then WR and they seem to have fixed both those areas. 

Don't forget McKenzie and Ray Ray. McKenzie looked Dangerous everytime he touched the ball. 

Thanks for the post , I'm still just puzzled how so many fans can't see this!

• Like (+1) 1

Coming from Canada I know what Duke can do and I was excited to both see him leave the CFL and him go to the Bills. He is the big, physical receiver many of you are complaining was not drafted and has a great catch radius. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Beane obviously doesnt know what he is doing, not drafting players that no one else drafted either!

Next we don’t sign the UDFA no one else signs! This is inexcusable! 

51 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Beane just said in the presser they had WRs they really liked and thought they could help this team and it was tough to not take them, but they stayed true to their board.  

Said it just didn’t fall that way.  I would bet for sure he is at least referencing the Cody pick as he said they didn’t expect him to be there as was the BPA on their whole board at that point.  I bet you if Cody was gone that would have been where they went WR as most were still on board.  

Makes sense.

I bet the Pats snagging Harry at the end of the 1st threw a monkey wrench into the WR plan too.

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

We did get a TE, which was a bigger need. Besides, the best value was in round and I'm very happy with Cody Ford. Mark my words. We are going to pound the rock with authority this year and that makes me very happy.

You mean, even better than last year? I think I read Shady’s lips one time when they asked him to go in......it looked like he said “nah, I’m good here”.

Interesting that most of the OL guys we signed are reported to be better at pass protection, but we could not possibly be worse in the run game.  

54 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I bet we would’ve taken Risner.  But we’ll never know.

18 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Makes sense.

I bet the Pats snagging Harry at the end of the 1st threw a monkey wrench into the WR plan too.

I honestly think it was going to be either Harry or Metcalf.  Harry was gone by 40, who knows who had the higher grade on their board, Harry or Ford.  I suspect the other was Metcalf, but obviously Ford was higher on his board and took him.  

The way Beane described the WRs it’s pretty clear it was probably those 2.  He was talking about how there were guys with different make ups with big size and deep speed.  

Also Beane has really high remarks for Duke during the presser.  

15 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I bet we would’ve taken Risner.  But we’ll never know.

Beane didn’t sound like that was the case in the presser.  Sounded like the alternative was a WR

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2

Not a great WR class and things did not fall that way. Draft the best players that improve your team.  

Our top 4 of Brown, Beasley, Foster, and Jones look much better that last years contingent. We have a few more WRs coming to camp, plus the kid that returns kicks and  2 UDFAs. 

This group may may lack a star player but it’s far better than many of the groups we had. 

Edited by Bob in STL

4 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Cry about it here.

Mods can we get this pinned?

We did draft a TE not the one most of us wanted but he might still turnout to be a good one ?

21 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Not a great WR class and things did not fall that way. Draft the best players that improve your team.  

Our top 4 of Brown, Beasley, Foster, and Jones look much better that last years contingent. We have a few more WRs coming to camp, plays the kid that returns kicks,  plus 2 UDFAs. 

This group may may lack a star player but it’s far better than many of the groups we had. 

I agree we do not have ( yet ) a legit # 1 wr but I also believe we have a  much better bunch then we did last year  , 

• Like (+1) 1