NFL Draft - Day 3 (put your general draft commentary here)

9 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The guy that DJ has as the 42nd best player in the draft is still there and he’s a WR. Seems strange that he’s still there. At this point I’m thinking the bills don’t want to draft a WR anyway. Probably wait until next year

At this point why bother.  Probably be 4th or 5th in depth chart at best.  I think the top 3 are set.  They’ll address next offseason if they need to 

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Or Hakeem Butler could be the number 1 receiver for us.  But I guess time will tell.  

Zay Jones had a higher draft grade coming out than Butler (5.77 vs. 5.74).     Just saying...

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

True but why not add more to it?  Brown and Beasley are what they are.  And we have no size. 

I hear you.  If you watched Beane's presser they simply had the RB and the TE rated higher on their board as far as value is concerned.   They may have many of these WRs rated similarly so think they can find value in the lower rounds. 

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You think Allen is Brady?  Because that’s literally the only good QBs who doesn’t have a number one and they had Gronk and traded for Gordon.

He might get killed behind their oline but I love their receivers now.  Great core now. 

Brady is the only good QB without a #1 WR...what?

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Or Hakeem Butler could be the number 1 receiver for us.  But I guess time will tell.  

In round 4? I mean yeah the way the draft works he could turn out that way but I mean if any team thought he'd be a #1 WR they'd of taken him sooner.

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

And obviously this is all overreaction.  Love Oliver and Ford.  But I worry we are bad at evaluating receivers.  I think we have a Tom Brady receiving core and that isn’t the type of qb Allen is.  I would love to have a guy he could just throw the ball up to and as a big QB, I think he misses high. Size helps that. 

We are absolutely terrible at evaluating WRs, it’s the worst position and has been for years. Our DBs have been fire though. 

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

So people are losing their minds because Buffalo didn't pick a WR that went 100th overall?

I mean, I've done similar things (Elvis Dumervil), but at least he was dominant in college.  

Apparently getting mad about DK didn't satisfy 

Pure insanity.

Rome isn't built in a day, but people want it built in an hour circa 2019.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Zay Jones had a higher draft grade coming out than Butler (5.77 vs. 5.74).     Just saying...

And he hasn’t exactly lived up to because he has no elite skills.  Butler has questions but he has elite skills.  He may not live up to it but I think he has more of a chance to be a number 1 receiver than Jones IMo. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Jdragon2 said:

He has weapons. Just not your weapons. I trust what they are doing

Bills fans always trust what the management is doing, even after 20 years of no playoffs they still Billlliieveee. 

Edited by Awwufelloff