Albright when asked where DK goes...

51 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Don’t know why so many are infatuated with DK. He was ok in college but never dominated the competition. How’s he gonna do that in the pros? He wasn’t even the best WR on his team. AJ Brown has great hands, good at high pointing the ball and has better body control than DK. Plus AJ is a better route runner

Metcalf played 2 games in his freshman year, then injured his foot.  Had 650 yards the next season as a redshirt freshman.  As redshirt sophomore he had 570 yards, then a season ending neck injury in game 7, then declared for the NFL draft.

Not overly impressive stats. Injury prone.  Less than two full seasons of college ball.  

Why are some so in love with this guy?

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Well assuming there are no trades look at who's ahead of the Bills:

Cardinals - I would assume they could go OL here, it was literally the worst in the NFL. They could go WR but there is some good value OL here.

Indy - I think they go CB, I think they were going to go CB in the first round, this doesn't change.

Raiders - Could go CB here too or DL

49ers - They do need a WR1 but I don't think Metcalf is a Shanahan WR1

Seahawks - Again, could go CB... I thought they would have taken one 1st round.

Jags - OL, wouldn't this be funny everyone had them pegged for Taylor in the 1st and they get him in the 2nd.

Bucs - Again CB or DL.

Cards- I can see them going WR

Indy- I see AJ Brown being a perfect WR for Luck

Raiders- they will go with a CB. Greedy, Rock-Ya and Murphy. I'm guessing Greedy

49ers- CB or WR

Seachickens-CB or Irv Smith

Jags-They will go with Tackle: Taylor or Ford here

Bucs-They are hoping one of the big 3 CB's are still there

It could be 3 WR's and 3 CB's before we go. If that happens I see us going Tackle or TE.

1 hour ago, ChanticleerBillsFan said:

Just feel AJ is what he is. A slot guy with minimal separation and has most likely peaked. Metcalf is a projection to elite receivers. Much more risk but much more reward. 

Minimal separation??? Did you not watch any of the pre draft coverage? Is by and far the best route runner in the draft and displayed the ability for great separation.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

A few good interior OL guys are here right now as well. I'm thinking OL & TE first and then DL/WR

Yeah OL sooner is where the value is.    TE should be strong well into round 3 at least.   WR there should be guys in rounds 4 and 5 but the problem is their skillsets are duplicitous to what the Bills already have.    Like taking Jonah Williams because you aren't "sold" on Dawkins.    DK is a different animal if he pans out.    

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, The Senator said:

Metcalf played 2 games in his freshman year, then injured his foot.  Had 650 yards the next season as a redshirt freshman.  As redshirt sophomore he had 570 yards, then a season ending neck injury in game 7, then declared for the NFL draft.

Not overly impressive stats. Injury prone.  Less than two full seasons of college ball.  

Why are some so in love with this guy?

It's his size/speed combination. Even in the NFL, I can't think of a DB that matches up well solo. You've got guys that can keep up with him, but they aren't big enough to compete physically, and then you have guys who can compete with him physically, but they can't keep up with him. He's a medical risk and a projection, and that's why teams didn't jump earlier, but he's a very worthwhile project imo.

Admittedly, Greedy had a very good game against him, but I do put part of that on the Ole Miss offense - unless they were content with DK occupying Greedy to open up everything else.

If 49ers take a WR, I think AJ Brown is a perfect fit there. Colts could very well take a WR, but I don't think DK is the best fit for them.

There are other WRs I'd rather have than DK, but I'd be ok with taking him at 40. I don't think we'll need to trade up. If we do trade up for him, I fear it'll be another Zay situation where we'll look back & realize we could've stayed put & taken a guy who ends up being a better NFL receiver.

16 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I would suspect a big run on WR's starting at 33 tonight at 7pm.

Arizona just might go Metcalf at 33 to end all this speculation to Buffalo.

Names like Butler, Samuel, Harmon, Campbell, Metcalf, etc. could easily get called before 40, so Buffalo might have to trade up if they want their hands on a WR or Irv Smith.

None of the aforementioned players might not last till 40.

But what do I know.

I'd say at 40 and pick the guy you like. It happened with EO. Continue that strategy.

All those receivers are not going by 40. We can stay where we are at and still get a good WR if that is the direction the team wants to go.

18 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I would suspect a big run on WR's starting at 33 tonight at 7pm.

Arizona just might go Metcalf at 33 to end all this speculation to Buffalo.

Names like Butler, Samuel, Harmon, Campbell, Metcalf, etc. could easily get called before 40, so Buffalo might have to trade up if they want their hands on a WR or Irv Smith.

None of the aforementioned players might not last till 40.

But what do I know.

I'd say at 40 and pick the guy you like. It happened with EO. Continue that strategy.

I actually think a DB run is more likely than a WR run. Greedy, Murphy, Ya-Sin, even Adderley were all getting 1st round consideration. I suspect Cody Ford and Jawaan Taylor will be gone pretty quick too. It's very possible that with no trades AJ Brown goes to the 49ers and DK goes to us, which triggers the WR run.

1 hour ago, NewEraBills said:

He might not last until that spot.

Cards, Colts, 49ers, Seahawks, and Jags could all be in play for him or AJ Brown.  I'm thinking the Colts go with Greedy or Murphy though.  Cards could do the same.

Cards take Metcalf.  They wanted Harry, won't miss out again.

25 minutes ago, TheBeane said:

Exactly the reason why I could see the Bills taking DK over AJ.  They seem to always take the player with the higher upside and a little bit of a freak of nature.  DK fits the bill, but I agree that they might have to move up a few spots to get him.

DK Metcalf is pretty much this year's WR version of Josh Allen, last year.

• Like (+1) 2

I'd be okay if DK fell to us, but I wouldn't trade up for him.   I'm trading into round two in order to get more players.  

I value these guys more than DK: Ford and McCoy (most of our OL is on a 1 year deal).   

In terms of WR's, I like Brown, Campbell, Samuel and DK about the same.  If we miss on DK, I could see us getting one of the previously mentioned, and either Butler or Boykin to fill out the "Big/Fast" WR need.  I think we leave the draft with 2 WR's.  (a Big/fast, and route-runner).  

I think we take a TE such as: Oliver, Warring, or Parhem.  We can get a high-end "developmental" guy because of the presence of Kroft.  I think OL, WR are the bigger needs/BPA's.  

2 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Cards take Metcalf.  They wanted Harry, won't miss out again.

They badly need OL and the next crop is going to go quickly here (right after the CBs). They have Kirk and Fitz (for this upcoming season) and their OL was worse than ours

6 minutes ago, 947 said:

If 49ers take a WR, I think AJ Brown is a perfect fit there. Colts could very well take a WR, but I don't think DK is the best fit for them.

There are other WRs I'd rather have than DK, but I'd be ok with taking him at 40. I don't think we'll need to trade up. If we do trade up for him, I fear it'll be another Zay situation where we'll look back & realize we could've stayed put & taken a guy who ends up being a better NFL receiver.

Yeah if I had Andrew Luck at QB then DK Metcalf would probably be off my board.

You need a QB who can get the ball DEEP to really hope to use Metcalf early and in the process hopefully broaden his game.

He's just a potentially explosive matchup fit with Allen's skillset.

The Patriots have had a lot of success with matching players to system/style and just emphasizing what players can do in their game planning.......it can be incredibly successful if done right.

• Like (+1) 1