Albright when asked where DK goes...

26 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

I don't think so, not with Mayock running the show. The defense needs rebuilding.

Agree, they have put together what they wanted at the skill positions on offense. They were bad against the pass in 2018 and, even though they did address it in the first round, I think they continue in the 2nd.

I don't see us moving up from 40.  There are still a lot of quality players to choose from.  I think Beane will stay where they are and pick BPA again.

Now, after that, he might try and start try to get back up in the 2nd round for an additional pick with all the picks we have at the back end.

WR/CB/Risner at 40?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, hjnick said:

I don't see us moving up from 40.  There are still a lot of quality players to choose from.  I think Beane will stay where they are and pick BPA again.

Now, after that, he might try and start try to get back up in the 2nd round for an additional pick with all the picks we have at the back end.

WR/CB/Risner at 40?

Bingo...i def think we move back into the 2nd...lots of draft capital to make this move

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Well assuming there are no trades look at who's ahead of the Bills:

Cardinals - I would assume they could go OL here, it was literally the worst in the NFL. They could go WR but there is some good value OL here.

Indy - I think they go CB, I think they were going to go CB in the first round, this doesn't change.

Raiders - Could go CB here too or DL

49ers - They do need a WR1 but I don't think Metcalf is a Shanahan WR1

Seahawks - Again, could go CB... I thought they would have taken one 1st round.

Jags - OL, wouldn't this be funny everyone had them pegged for Taylor in the 1st and they get him in the 2nd.

Bucs - Again CB or DL.

Literally all of those teams besides maybe Oakland could easily justify taking a WR.

In free agency they went heavy OL and WR. They also signed two TEs, granted one is really a project. I wouldn’t be surprised if they go defense again, could be CB. This is going to be interesting. That said I wouldn’t be upset with DK.

51 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

I like what DK Metcalf could be...I love what AJ Brown is.

Exactly the reason why I could see the Bills taking DK over AJ.  They seem to always take the player with the higher upside and a little bit of a freak of nature.  DK fits the bill, but I agree that they might have to move up a few spots to get him.

52 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

I like what DK Metcalf could be...I love what AJ Brown is.

I think I love what DK could be... but I don't like what he is. Whereas I like what AJ is already. To be honest I would be content with either at this stage. 

I wanted nothing to do with DK at pick 9 but at 40 I wouldn't complain.  I wouldn't move up for him, but now that the 1st round is over he's worth a shot that I didn't feel he was at 9.  If the Bills draft him I'm going to have to stop calling him Decay Metcalf, at least for now.  

11 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

If DK happens at 40 I can live with it but don't trade up for the guy would be my only request.

I don't think they will trade up but I would if it involved a 4th or 5th.

DK is just a perfect fit for Allen's scud-like combination of range/accuracy.:thumbsup:

Cheat code!

But they still gotta' come up with a TE and hopefully an edge rusher..........and they might need two third round picks to reach the sweet-spot BPA locations before the higher ceiling guys are all gone.

That said.........I'll believe they pick DK when I see it.    Going to be some good defenders on the board and you know McD is probably thinking he's thisclose to having a great D.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Well assuming there are no trades look at who's ahead of the Bills:

Cardinals - I would assume they could go OL here, it was literally the worst in the NFL. They could go WR but there is some good value OL here.

Indy - I think they go CB, I think they were going to go CB in the first round, this doesn't change.

Raiders - Could go CB here too or DL

49ers - They do need a WR1 but I don't think Metcalf is a Shanahan WR1

Seahawks - Again, could go CB... I thought they would have taken one 1st round.

Jags - OL, wouldn't this be funny everyone had them pegged for Taylor in the 1st and they get him in the 2nd.

Bucs - Again CB or DL.

Good list. Erik McCoy sticks out like a sore thumb. Cards or any team that needs a C/G would love to pick this kid:

He allowed just 19 total pressures across 1,445 pass-blocking snaps in three seasons and was top five among this year’s centers in PFF’s pass blocking efficiency over the same time frame. McCoy doesn’t have many weaknesses, although he admits himself he can sometimes “bury his head into blocks” and can work on keeping his hands inside rather than letting them go outside.

I like the idea of metcalf but how many guys can go deep on 1 play, we have Smokey Brown, Robert Foster, then add another deep threat in DK?

Seems like TE  or a well rounded WR is more of a need.

Edited by Mrbojanglezs
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

DK is just a perfect fit for Allen's scud-like combination of range/accuracy.:thumbsup:

Cheat code!

But they still gotta' come up with a TE and hopefully an edge rusher..........and they might need two third round picks to reach the sweet-spot BPA locations before the higher ceiling guys are all gone.

That said.........I'll believe they pick DK when I see it.    Going to be some good defenders on the board and you know McD is probably thinking he's thisclose to having a great D.

A few good interior OL guys are here right now as well. I'm thinking OL & TE first and then DL/WR

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Cheat code!

At some point you have to stop ignoring the offense.....but i agree with sticking to the board....

1 hour ago, NewEraBills said:

He might not last until that spot.

Cards, Colts, 49ers, Seahawks, and Jags could all be in play for him or AJ Brown.  I'm thinking the Colts go with Greedy or Murphy though.  Cards could do the same.

What happened with Greedy?  How did he fall out of the first?

I would suspect a big run on WR's starting at 33 tonight at 7pm.

Arizona just might go Metcalf at 33 to end all this speculation to Buffalo.

Names like Butler, Samuel, Harmon, Campbell, Metcalf, etc. could easily get called before 40, so Buffalo might have to trade up if they want their hands on a WR or Irv Smith.

None of the aforementioned players might not last till 40.

But what do I know.

I'd say at 40 and pick the guy you like. It happened with EO. Continue that strategy.

Edited by njbuff
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

I like the idea of metcalf but how many guys can go deep on 1 play, we have Smokey Brown, Robert Foster, then add another deep threat in DK?

Seems like TE is more of a need.

The thing is, nobody on our team really makes sense lining up on the line of scrimmage. Brown, Beasley, and Zay in particular are pretty much only effective if they can line up off the line so that they can't be pressed. I'm not really sure about Foster off the top of my head; I remember him beating press at least sometimes but I don't know how often that really was. DK is maybe the best in the draft class at beating press coverage. So while he's a deep threat like Brown/Foster are, he brings something to the table that nobody on the team is currently capable of (besides maybe Foster; like I said, I'm not sure about him).

Edited by DCOrange
  • Like (+1) 6