Albright when asked where DK goes...

32 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

DK Metcalf is pretty much this year's WR version of Josh Allen, last year.

Exactly what I'm saying. You could say Edmonds is the same thing as well.  Physical freak with lots of questions.

Getting Metcalf at 40 would put a bow on an already great draft. There are about 10 guys that I really like at 40 so I'm happy either way. 

In no order:

Metcalf

AJ Brown

Irv Smith Jr

Jawaan Taylor

Cody Ford

Dalton Risner

Rock Ya-Sin

Byron Murphy

Greedy Williams

17 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Most players defenses "must account for" only after they have proven they can beat you. Imo, in this offense, with the way Josh can scramble and throw it out of the stadium, DK would be a player defenses must account for before he proves he cannot beat you. He would be scary. Teams were worried about Foster late last year shading safeties over toward him after he had only a couple big plays because they were scared of Josh as much or more than Foster. Foster just proved he could catch the ball downfield a few times. 

I didnt want Metcalf at 9 but very warming up to him now, even if they have to throw in a mid to late rounder to move up a few slots. He could really open up the field for Beasley and Foster and Shady and Yeldon just by presence and as a rookie. 

Yeah it's easy to see this re-constituted OL full of journeyman type players and wonder where Allen is going to get the time to let plays develop deep.............but you can move the pocket with Allen and busted plays could become highlight reel throws.

And as much as Foster was drawing extra attention last year I wasn't overly impressed by Allen's deep accuracy and that's on tape now and teams may be more willing to allow a deep shot to Foster or the small John Brown than they might have last year..........that is where the extra catch radius with Metcalf is important IMO.    It's like an extra 6-8 feet of leeway.........which was the difference between Tyrod Taylor hitting Marquise Goodwin with another 4-5 game changing TD's instead of the ball falling harmlessly to the turf.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Iamkrgr said:

Getting Metcalf at 40 would put a bow on an already great draft. There are about 10 guys that I really like at 40 so I'm happy either way. 

In no order:

Metcalf

AJ Brown

Irv Smith Jr

Jawaan Taylor

Cody Ford

Dalton Risner

Rock Ya-Sin

Byron Murphy

Greedy Williams

This is a very good list but I would prefer they focus on offense.  I would add H. Butler 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, TheBeane said:

Exactly what I'm saying. You could say Edmonds is the same thing as well.  Physical freak with lots of questions.

I don't know, I actually have faith in Beane and Co. in identifying talent; if they went Metcalf, I'd feel better about it, because I feel they really do their due diligence with players. 

Edmunds needs improvement, as does Allen, but all in all, they both performed well as rookies, despite the question marks that surrounded them leading up to the draft.   

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ChanticleerBillsFan said:

Gonna have to move up to make it happen but the compensation shouldn’t be too prohibitive at this point. 4th and 5th maybe?

so your going to need to make it profitable to get to the top 3 round 2. I say 2nd, 4th, 5th witch is perfect because we have an extra 4 and 5.

22 minutes ago, BillsfanAZ said:

Do you know something none of the other draft gurus know? AJ is quick and gets separation but he just doesnt have elite top end speed. He had over 1200 yards each of his last two seasons. I dont want the Bills to pick DK or AJ but that doesnt mean they are bad players. If the Bills decide to go WR in the 2nd my pick would be Kelvin Harmon.  I wouldnt be surprised if the Bills went OT or CB in the 2nd since a lot of talent is still there. 

As much as the Ole Miss offense didn't help DK to develop his skills, it was a picture perfect fit for AJ Brown. They basically had DK and Lodge going deep every play, and they both demanded safety attention, so it allowed AJ a ton of space over the middle of the field to work, and with his body, he was a mismatch for basically every nickel back in college. I think he could be utilized similarly in Buffalo with the speed that we have on the outside, but I also think that the space that we should have over the middle will make it relatively easy to plug-and-play in the slot rather than investing multiple 2nd round picks (AJ, Zay) and free agent dollars (Beasley) in that spot. As low as I am on Zay, I think he can do a lot of what AJ would do here.

Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if McBeane value AJ more than I do; he's just not really a guy I'm personally interested in.

Edited by DCOrange
  • Like (+1) 1

Look, I like Metcalf as well, but I am not trading up from 40 to get him or anyone else.  The board fell about as perfectly for the Bills as it could have last night and there are some top talents still sitting there and there will be an awesome option at 40.  If that is Metcalf, fine.  If he's not there, I'm good with that.  In my opinion, Hakeem Butler has a chance to be the best WR in the draft, as does Brown, Metcalf, or any of the other WRs still on the board.  There isn't an overwhelming consensus top guy in this draft, so sit tight and let it come to you.

And the Bills may decide to go in an entirely different direction as well.  They could get a great guard in Risner, a really nice CB in Murphy, or an OT that could have been a top 10 pick in Taylor.  The point is, there is so much great talent left that there is no reason to move up.  I would rather sit at 40 and take the BPA and then work on getting back into the 2nd round to take another one fepending on how the board is falling and the compensation required to do so.  I'm a big fan of Jace Sternberger.  He's the TE I want.  So, if you can come away with him and one of the other guys I have mentioned, that is a great draft.  Can't wait for tonight!

Edited by sven233
  • Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, BurpleBull said:

I like what DK Metcalf could be...I love what AJ Brown is.

This. We already have John Brown and Bob Foster on the outside where DK would lineup if we drafted him.

AJ can take over where Zay has disappointed, as a player that can move from slot to outside and do well in both positions.

4 minutes ago, sven233 said:

Look, I like Metcalf as well, but I am not trading up from 40 to get him or anyone else.  The board fell about as perfectly for the Bills as it could have last night and there are some top talents still sitting there and there will be an awesome option at 40.  If that is Metcalf, fine.  If he's not there, I'm good with that.  In my opinion, Hakeem Butler has a chance to be the best WR in the draft, as does Brown, Metcalf, or any of the other WRs still on the board.  There isn't an overwhelming consensus top guy in this draft, so sit tight and let it come to you.

And the Bills may decide to go in an entirely different direction as well.  They could get a great guard in Risner, a really nice CB in Murphy, or a OT that could have been a top 10 pick in Taylor.  The point is, there is so much great talent left that there is no reason to move up.  I would rather sit at 40 and take the BPA and then work on getting back into the 2nd round to take another one fepending on how the board is falling and the compensation required to do so.  I'm a big fan of Jace Sternberger.  He's the TE I want.  So, if you can come away with him and one of the other guys I have mentioned, that is a great draft.  Can't wait for tonight!

Sven is right. Imagine if the Bills had traded up to #3 overall to assure themselves Ed Oliver or Quinnen Williams. We would have been happy in the moment but likely without our 2nd and 3rd rounder and perhaps without some 2020 draft asset. Patience is a virtue. There will be an excellent football player at #40 whether it's DK or someone else. Stay put.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, mannc said:

Surprised more folks aren't talking about Parris Cambell with pick 40.  I'd be more than OK with either him or DK.

Same. Metcalf is the guy that would excite me the most, but Campbell is 2. I had to watch him torch my college team. Wouldn't mind having him on "my" side.

I'm just leery of the AJ Brown's of the world. Seems like a quality player, but we've drafted quite a few of those guys and they never seem to pan out. Josh Reed and Zay come to mind.

In the 2nd round, I'm swinging for the fences with an "electric weapon," especially considering they brought in "quality" guys in FA'cy.

11 minutes ago, LEBills said:

This. We already have John Brown and Bob Foster on the outside where DK would lineup if we drafted him.

AJ can take over where Zay has disappointed, as a player that can move from slot to outside and do well in both positions.

I would actually prefer DK Metcalf over Brown and Foster if his play were to match his physical stature; Bills don't just need speed: they need speed, size, and strength on the outside, Metcalf is just that.

It's the drops, lack of fluidity that his 3-Cone Drill suggests he has, and the fact that he doesn't strike me as the naturally, dominant type, that has me really skeptical at the moment. 

2 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

If the Raiders do an homage to Al Davis, Metcalf is definitely in play there.

Just now, apuszczalowski said:

But it's the Raiders, nothing they do makes sense......

Chuckie continues to help Beane by selecting QB Drew Lock with pick #35.

Well documented that Gruden loves him some Drew!

If Beane wants a WR at #40 I'm thinking some good ones will be left.

• Like (+1) 1