Signup complete

Virgil

Where would you trade up? (Bosa, Allen, Williams)  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Where would you trade up? (Bosa, Allen, Williams)

• #3 pick (2019 1st, 2nd, 2020 1st)
    • #4 pick (2019 1st, 2nd, 3rd)
    • #5 pick (2019 1st, 2nd)
    • #6 pick (2019 1st, 2nd)

Okay, so here’s where I am with the trade draft.

Please vote in the poll, give feedback on the rules below, and then what team you want if interested 

1 - Only one round.

2 - Each GM has to be an extremely active poster.  This is so I know they will respond to trade requests quickly.  The communication between GM’s is what is what normally shows things down. 

3 - Players can be traded, but only known players on the trade block (Rosen, players franchise tagged or holding out)

4 - we will use the trade chart attached to @BuffaloHokie13

5 - trades in the top 10 must be a 300 point surplus favor to the team trading back.  Trades between 11-20 (200) points, 21-32 (100) points 

6 - you can only trade picks in the first 4 rounds or next years 1st and 2nd 

7 - someone will be commish and approve all trades (I can do it, but if someone else wants to be involved)

Round Trade Pts Team Owner
1 3000 Cardinals bkep32
2 2600 49ers Kirby Jackson
3 2200 Jets Reed83HOF
4 1800 Raiders whatdrought
5 1700 Buccaneers ndirish1978
6 1600 Giants BuffaloHokie13
7 1500 Jaguars New Era
8 1400 Lions Just Joshin
9 1350 Bills Community Poll
10 1300 Broncos Alphadawg7 
11 1250 Bengals Emotionallyunstable
12 1200 Packers wppete
13 1150 Dolphins Ryanc883
14 1100 Falcons buffalobillswin 
15 1050 Redskins Logic
16 1000 Panthers Golden Goat
17 950 Giants BuffaloHokie13
18 900 Vikings section122
19 875 Titans Chuck Wagon
20 850 Steelers RyanC883
21 800 Seahawks Watkins101
22 780 Ravens Virgil
23 760 Texans Happy Days
24 740 Raiders whatdrought
25 720 Eagles Golden Goat
26 700 Colts aristocrat
27 680 Raiders whatdrought
28 660 Chargers NewEra
29 640 Chiefs JimKellyTryouts
30 620 Packers wppete
31 600 Rams Alphadog
32 590 Patriots frostbitmic
Edited by Virgil
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

in

1 minute ago, ndirish1978 said:

im in

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

in

***** it guys.  What do you think of the rules?!  You’re killing me smalls

And yes, you’re in

Edited by Virgil

1 minute ago, ndirish1978 said:

I don't think players should be traded. It opens up too many weird scenarios.

I normally agree, but there’s a good chance Rosen, McCoy, or the DE from Seattle gets traded.  With having a commish, I don’t see anything dumb happening. Few players are known on the trade block

@Virgil, As the one who has put all the work into these and provided so much fun for us, do you want to take the bills? It seems fair. 

2 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

I am okay for trades if say Rosen, Clark, etc are on the block (agreed to list of a few names upfront)

The trade block is kinda gone these days.. everyone is one good offer away from being on the traded.

What about something where teams had to submit one or two players names to the comish to create a "block"?

Edited by whatdrought

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

@Virgil, As the one who has put all the work into these and provided so much fun for us, do you want to take the bills? It seems fair. 

No. I want the Bills to be a forum pick.  I appreciate it, but this isn’t about me 

I’m voting for a trade up to get Bosa or Allen if one of them don’t go in the top 3. 

If they go top 3, I want to trade back into the first if a top OL falls 

Edited by Virgil
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, Virgil said:

No. I want the Bills to be a forum pick.  I appreciate it, but this isn’t about me 

I’m voting for a trade up to get Bosa or Allen if one of them don’t go in the top 3. 

If they go top 3, I want to trade back into the first if a top OL falls 

Makes sense, but seems hard to figure how we can do a forum pick with other gms being real people. 

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Makes sense, but seems hard to figure how we can do a forum pick with other gms being real people. 

That’s why I’m doing the poll now to see where people are comfortable moving up to.  The offer will be made to those GM’s if one of those 3 players are still available.  

Those GM’s can absolutely say no 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

The trade block is kinda gone these days.. everyone is one good offer away from being on the traded.

What about something where teams had to submit one or two players names to the comish to create a "block"?

I don’t know that there’s that many names besides those 3 that would make a difference in the first round.  Not that they would get a first round pick in return, but the Giants pry wouldn’t go QB if they traded for Rosen. 

Everyone please vote in the poll 

Edited by Virgil

I chose pick #5 ... 5 and 6 have the same cost so why not go with the better one...I don't want to lose my picks in rd 2 and 3, not with the talent that is there this year, so #4 is out for me too ... no way I'm giving the Jets my 2nd and next years 1st ... in reality, I don't see anybody in this draft worth moving up for from #9... if I was a team in the 20's maybe I would but not already being in the top 10 ...

9 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

I don't think players should be traded. It opens up too many weird scenarios.

Agree here

i think that your numbers are good @Virgil

Lastly, I think that, for this exercise the Bills should stay put and we do another poll. It is too tough to manage the Bills otherwise.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

11 minutes ago, Pete said:

don't trade up Beaner.  There are cap ramifications and opportunity costs.  Look at the mistakes of trading up for Zay, Dawkins, and Edmunds

We are going to end up with two mocks where we don’t trade up.  This is only one where we do.  

Just playing around and seeing options 

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Agree here

Lastly, I think that, for this exercise the Bills should stay put and we do another poll. It is too tough to manage the Bills otherwise.

9 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

im in

9 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

in

9 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Im in!

I like the rules.

Can I be the raiders? (Definitely not related to draft capital) 

I also would be willing to be the commish if nobody else is able. 

9 hours ago, aristocrat said:

I’m in

29 minutes ago, Tsaikotic said:

I chose pick #5 ... 5 and 6 have the same cost so why not go with the better one...I don't want to lose my picks in rd 2 and 3, not with the talent that is there this year, so #4 is out for me too ... no way I'm giving the Jets my 2nd and next years 1st ... in reality, I don't see anybody in this draft worth moving up for from #9... if I was a team in the 20's maybe I would but not already being in the top 10 ...

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Agree here

What team do you all want?

1 minute ago, wppete said:

I’ll take the Raiders please ? @Virgil

Whatdrought asked first.  

2nd choice?

5 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

As GM of the New York Giants, and mentor to Beane, I would like to offer Picks 17, 37, and next year's 1st (value 1900) for Picks 9 & 74 (value 1570)

@Virgil

Oh, if I'm GM of the Giants still...

Ask again when we get to that pick and we can put it on the thread. 

For the sake of this, we are going to see if the Bills can trade up to get those big three. If not, we will be listening 

And yes, you have the Giants. 

Edited by Virgil
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, bkep32 said:

I would like to he the packers if possible, I think for trades they need to go thru virgil and another poster to get there approvals and everyone needs to use the same trade chart..ah la Jimmy johnsons.

The values for picks are the Jimmy Johnson values. Not my favorite, but the simplest and most widely understood. I've got all 254 picks listed here

Trade up only if it is 4 or higher.  I really don't think Beane will give up the 2020 1st or maybe even the second.  He values the "draft capital" too highly.

Other than that the rules sound good to me.

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Virgil said:

What team do you all want?

Whatdrought asked first.  

2nd choice?

Thanks for that. I’ll take the Giants or Green Bay @Virgil Thanks for that. Can’t wait for the mock draft. Let’s do 2 rounds like last year! 

I’ll take any team if there are any left

I had the Vikings last time but would prefer another team this time around to mix it up.

am I missing a list of teams available?

Edited by NewEra

14 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’ll take any team if there are any left

I had the Vikings last time but would prefer another team this time around to mix it up.

am I missing a list of teams available?

I’m doing all of this from my phone while I’m

out of town for a meeting. 

I’m going to go back through the thread later and put names with teams

• Like (+1) 1