TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Complete

Virgil

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

Joe in Winslow had to make one of the most curious moves in nfl draft history by taking Oliver over the clear #1 DT in the draft.  Quite possibly the best player, Quinnen Williams.

at least it adds suspense to our pick now

As I said, we're the raiders we do raiders things. But I do consider Oliver the prospect that matches what DT is becoming in the NFL.

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

Joe in Winslow had to make one of the most curious moves in nfl draft history by taking Oliver over the clear #1 DT in the draft.  Quite possibly the best player, Quinnen Williams.

at least it adds suspense to our pick now

Controversial..... but I'd take Oliver over Williams. Love them both but for me Oliver is 2nd only to Bosa in this draft.

• Like (+1) 1

Tough spot for the Bills at #9. I'd be selling the pick like crazy but if I couldn't get bites then my choice would narrow to:-

Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson

Jonah Williams, OT, Alabama

Montez Sweat, DE, Mississippi State

Brian Burns, DE, Florida State

The top player on my board is Wilkins. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

As I said, we're the raiders we do raiders things. But I do consider Oliver the prospect that matches what DT is becoming in the NFL.

Could be.  I love Oliver and hope he’s there for us.  Definitely a chance that he’s not, but I just can’t see any team taking him over Quinnen.  He’s the #1 player the board I made from my couch 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Controversial..... but I'd take Oliver over Williams. Love them both but for me Oliver is 2nd only to Bosa in this draft.

Interesting.  The only thing that scares me about Quinnen is he’s from Bama.  I’m usually not a fan of Bama players but quinnen really impresses me.

Edited by NewEra

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Could be.  I love Oliver and hope he’s there for us.  Definitely a chance that he’s not, but I just can’t see any team taking him over Quinnen.  He’s the #1 player the board I made from my couch 

Interesting.  The only thing that scares me about Quinnen is he’s from Bama.  I’m usually ot a fan of Bama players but quinnen really impresses me

Hopefully, Quinnen doesn't turn out to be another Marcell Dareus.

• Like (+1) 1

I think it’s a coin flip between:

-  Jonah Williams: Immediate starter at OT or G. Solid, reliable, 10-15 year player. Potential all-pro at G. Process guy

-  TJ Hockenson. Immediate starter. Again, solid, reliable TE, blocking is the difference maker, process guy

-  Montez Sweat. Could be a dominant pass rusher. Position of need. Could transition to Lorax role. Process guy. 

-  Christian Wilkinson. Position(s) of need. Very versitale, total process guy. Boom or average player. 

Id be happy with any of them, but would shoot for the moon and take Hockenson. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

Hopefully, Quinnen doesn't turn out to be another Marcell Dareus.

Dareus was great until he got paid and lost his motivation.

No love for clelin ferrel?  Surprised to not even see him in the poll. 

I agree this draft would have me wanting a trade down as it has played out this far.  With the options it is between hock and wilkins for me.

I think I'm going hock and hope someone like tillery is there in the second.

1 minute ago, dubs said:

This would be my worst case scenario on staying put for bills but best case for trading down. 

I agree, if I couldn’t find any reasonable trade down scenarios I would go with upside. I’d take Metcalf and hope for the best. A lot of the other options look like guys who would be serviceable but nothing better than a maybe on a 5th year option. 

I’d hate that board.

21 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I went with Sweat. I get the sense that the Bills want a pash rusher in the 1st. Oliver is probably the target but without him there, they could go outside to Sweat or Burns.

I was between Sweat and Hockenson. I decided to take the guy to help the QB, but I do think they really like Sweat. Wilkins makes some sense as well. 

• Like (+1) 2

I went with TJ Hockenson and I'm feeling guilty...There are Draft Gurus that went elsewhere and with such Defensive Talent - I can see where a TE is so high for that slot.

However - "Change is inevitable"... except from a Vending Machine  lol

Rationale:

1.) Coach recently said  (slipped?) how the TE (Greg Olsen) helped progression of a young Cam Newton.

2.) After review of The Bills off season moves - its (mostly) all about helping the QB early on...

3.) Instant Starter at  a position where one is needed.

4.) Helps Allen get time for deeper throws when he Line Blocks along with OL and Gore one of the better QB protecting RBs

5.) Can work to be that big safety/valve escape route pass for Allen - maybe even that go to 3rd down guy.

That being said - I liked TE Eric Ebron back in his Draft class and it took him a while to develop so again - feeling guilty...

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Beef on Weck said:

I went with TJ Hockenson and I'm feeling guilty...There are Draft Gurus that went elsewhere and with such Defensive Talent - I can see where a TE is so high for that slot.

However - "Change is inevitable"... except from a Vending Machine  lol

Rationale:

1.) Coach recently said  (slipped?) how the TE (Greg Olsen) helped progression of a young Cam Newton.

2.) After review of The Bills off season moves - its (mostly) all about helping the QB early on...

3.) Instant Starter at  a position where one is needed.

4.) Helps Allen get time for deeper throws when he Line Blocks along with OL and Gore one of the better QB protecting RBs

5.) Can work to be that big safety/valve escape route pass for Allen - maybe even that go to 3rd down guy.

That being said - I liked TE Eric Ebron back in his Draft class and it took him a while to develop so again - feeling guilty...

All makes sense here. And I think Hock is a very different prospect than Ebron, who I did not want. I like Hock and I do think this regime may be hiding their interest in him, based on no actual proof. But they also really like their athletic freaky types, which Hock really isn't. I still think they go defense, but it's possible this is their guy. 

• Like (+1) 2

My head says take DL.  But I worry a lot of the guys left are either boom / bust types or solid but not spectacular.  

Hock just feels like a solid double at the absolute worst.  We haven't had a high quality TE in..ever? and Daboll has seen first hand the impact and how to use a high quality TE.