What NFL executive is this?!!!

eball

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I am not a lover of Nsekhe to be honest but at $5m a year I don't mind the signing. If they had paid him much more than that then I'd be more onboard with the criticism.

They signed two proven quality starters..... but Spain is a 1 year deal so it shouldn't stop them from drafting one.

Maybe. I don’t know the guy well but I read in the Spain thread that PFF had him as the 40th best guard in the league and that his play has declined the last two seasons so I’m not sure that qualifies him as proven quality.

Edited by vincec

9 minutes ago, vincec said:

Maybe. I don’t know the guy well but I read in the Spain thread that PFF had him as the 40th best guard in the league and that his play has declined the last two seasons so I’m not sure that qualifies him as proven quality.

Ignore PFF when it comes to Spain. His 2017 season was outstanding. He wasn't quite as good in 2018, granted. But he is one of the most underrated players in the NFL. He was the best FA guard available, he is a quality starter and he is a perfect schematic fit for what Buffalo were trying to run under Daboll. 

I guarantee by week 4 people will be clamouring for the Bills to extend him.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Ignore PFF when it comes to Spain. His 2017 season was outstanding. He wasn't quite as good in 2018, granted. But he is one of the most underrated players in the NFL. He was the best FA guard available, he is a quality starter and he is a perfect schematic fit for what Buffalo were trying to run under Daboll. 

This offensive line looks like it has talent and is MASSIVE.......power running game.

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Would be awesome.

13 hours ago, eball said:

It’s very odd. Almost as if this “executive” is mad that Beane did things differently than the teams who throw stupid money at FAs. 

Ahh, who cares what some CLF exec thinks of what Beane did?   

?

7 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

This offensive line looks like it has talent and is MASSIVE.......power running game.

It's a bit odd that the OL FA signees are large but more proficient pass blockers than run blockers. I think we need to draft a straight up run blocker in the first 4 rounds. Whether it be a first/second round guy or a developmental player. Our scheme was awful under Castillo, so Rob Johnson would pretty much have to be an upgrade. 

• Like (+1) 1

The plan should be geared 100% toward winning the AFCE. -That means dominance.

So far, the best piece they've acquired is at center.... The draft will tell me all I need to know, but so far, I'm not seeing a plan either.

"You are going to have Josh Allen drop back to pass, and it seems like he will need seven-step drops to give all these little guys time to get open down the field, but you don’t have the line to handle it because you are paying Ty Nsekhe $5 million a year.

This isn't what that exec said but, I have also been a bit critical of us targeting all small WRs.  Allen does not have the greatest ball placement AND he isn't a West coast/timing type passer.  The perfect companion for Allen is a bigger WR with a large catch radius who can compete for balls and catch them up high.  Guys who work well on broken plays after Allen scrambles.  

i think the guys we've brought it are good, especially Beasley, but I'm not so sure they will mesh with Allen well. 

16 hours ago, #34fan said:

The plan should be geared 100% toward winning the AFCE. -That means dominance.

So far, the best piece they've acquired is at center.... The draft will tell me all I need to know, but so far, I'm not seeing a plan either.

Try opening your eyes. 

On 4/5/2019 at 6:38 AM, eball said:

No plan?

All kidding aside...I mean, wow.  Feel free to question whether the signings are good ones, but to say there is no plan?

This sounds like the ramblings of somebody who may be a bit envious of how much the Bills were able to accomplish in FA.

I read that and scratched my head.

I really don't have much respect for anonymous sources of opinion.  Anonymous informants, sure, protect your source. 

But opinion?  Sign your work.

11 minutes ago, peterpan said:

"You are going to have Josh Allen drop back to pass, and it seems like he will need seven-step drops to give all these little guys time to get open down the field, but you don’t have the line to handle it because you are paying Ty Nsekhe $5 million a year.

This isn't what that exec said but, I have also been a bit critical of us targeting all small WRs.  Allen does not have the greatest ball placement AND he isn't a West coast/timing type passer.  The perfect companion for Allen is a bigger WR with a large catch radius who can compete for balls and catch them up high.  Guys who work well on broken plays after Allen scrambles.  

i think the guys we've brought it are good, especially Beasley, but I'm not so sure they will mesh with Allen well. 

I don't know.

When I've seen Allen miss, he's not necessarily missing high, consistently.  He is sometimes missing in front of the guy or low, and needs someone who can find an extra gear or who is willing to lay out.

Above all right now Allen needs guys who are where and when they're supposed to be.

As we have seen, big guys who should theoretically have a great catch radius and be able to haul in anything within their zip code don't always work out.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/5/2019 at 4:32 PM, ScottLaw said:

I wasn't saying if it will be good or bad... just saying it's way too early and some of what he exec said holds true until proven on the field.

The Bills have been a laughing stock for 20 years and counting.... you'd think fans would learn to actually wait until the team plays before pronouncing a bunch of FA signings a success.

Well if an NFL Exec cant wait until the team plays to bash, I doubt any fans would wait to praise.

On 4/5/2019 at 7:38 AM, eball said:

No plan?

All kidding aside...I mean, wow.  Feel free to question whether the signings are good ones, but to say there is no plan?

This sounds like the ramblings of somebody who may be a bit envious of how much the Bills were able to accomplish in FA.

Did Russ Brandon get a job with the dolphins and is now jealous??

• Like (+1) 1