What NFL executive is this?!!!

eball

17 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

If what they have (Allen) is good, then they will win lots of football games. Do we still lack elite playmakers at TE and WR? Yep.

Fun fact: -In 2018 Zay Jones was the first Bill receiver to see over 100 targets, (102)  since the 2014 season

Back in '14  Sammy and Bob Woods teamed up for 128 and 104 targets respectively. That year we went 9-7 with Kyle Orton at the helm (and EJ on the bench).

Kyle freaking Orton!   -Not a guy known for his passing prowess... Sammy would reel in a hair over 50% of the ducks thrown at him, and Bob Woods, about 62%

Averaging 15.1 and 10.8 ypr, respectively.  What's really interesting is that Fred Jackson had 90 passing targets that season, and would haul in 73.3% of the balls thrown

his way for 7.6 ypr…. That is some solid help in the passing game at a time when we really needed it...  I can't argue with us lacking elite playmakers currently.

My issue is that once we get those playmakers,  McDaboll must make sure they're getting chances to make plays. -A.K.A targets in the passing game...

You can't play cards you're not dealt...  Your #1 WR should be seeing 8-10 balls per game headed his way... Your starting RB shouldn't be too far behind.

That's the kind of production divisional winners are cranking out... If the Bills were smart, they'd be following suit.

56 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Fun fact: -In 2018 Zay Jones was the first Bill receiver to see over 100 targets, (102)  since the 2014 season

Back in '14  Sammy and Bob Woods teamed up for 128 and 104 targets respectively. That year we went 9-7 with Kyle Orton at the helm (and EJ on the bench).

Kyle freaking Orton!   -Not a guy known for his passing prowess... Sammy would reel in a hair over 50% of the ducks thrown at him, and Bob Woods, about 62%

Averaging 15.1 and 10.8 ypr, respectively.  What's really interesting is that Fred Jackson had 90 passing targets that season, and would haul in 73.3% of the balls thrown

his way for 7.6 ypr…. That is some solid help in the passing game at a time when we really needed it...  I can't argue with us lacking elite playmakers currently.

My issue is that once we get those playmakers,  McDaboll must make sure they're getting chances to make plays. -A.K.A targets in the passing game...

You can't play cards you're not dealt...  Your #1 WR should be seeing 8-10 balls per game headed his way... Your starting RB shouldn't be too far behind.

That's the kind of production divisional winners are cranking out... If the Bills were smart, they'd be following suit.

I agree with all that and I was very much in the "throw Sammy more balls" camp when he was here. That said, you can't play the cards you are not dealt in the draft either. You can't pick a genuine #1 receiver if one isn't there to be had and I am sceptical that the guy exists in the 2019 NFL Draft. I think we can find a tight end in this class..... not sure it has to be at #9 either. Some of the guys later might need to be brought along as the #2 TE initially in 2019 but can be good long term #1 TEs.

As for balls thrown to backs.... it is an area of development for Josh still. The short game is where he needs most work. I expect the guys who go to camp for us and report on it will be reporting on a lot of short pass plays as the Bills really try and drill Allen in that area.