The best things in life include:

Eating a meal when you are really, really hungry.

Hopping in a hot shower when you are cold and miserable, and then that fresh feeling when you get out of it and dry off.

Having a bad cold but getting to that breakthrough moment when you can finally breathe through your nose after a few days of not being able to.

The smell of a really hot, well groomed woman walking past you.

2 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

This is a good one.  Tell me you don't inhale hoping for a bit of scent as a beautiful woman passes by you.

As part of my daily routine, I tend to inhale ... then exhale ... throughout the day.  It's called "breathing."

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

As part of my daily routine, I tend to inhale ... then exhale ... throughout the day.  It's called "breathing."

I need to try this. Might restore my lust for life. You say you do it every day? Including weekends?

Edited by Steve O

5 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

A tomato and mayo sandwich made with tomatoes fresh from the garden.  A little ground pepper.  Yummm.

Crisp iceberg or romaine, a little salt (tomatoes LOVE salt) and we have a deal! 

Bacon is great, but I tend to eat it before I can get it on the sandwich! 

1 minute ago, Cripple Creek said:

I agree.

Close enough......

On 3/30/2019 at 8:12 AM, ExiledInIllinois said:

That's better than dirt!  But screw corn, flour is better.  Better to heat the  left overs, if there are any left overs!

My addition to the international culinary delights (along the lines of fusion al pastor):

All you can eat Middle Eastern buffet.  Kufta kebabs, chicken shawarma  saffron rice and golden lentil soup!

Flour is better than corn?  I'm siccing MS13 on you. 

31 minutes ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

Standing on the tee box of the first hole at 7am on a sunny morning just before teeing off. The smell of fresh cut grass and dew in the air.

You lost me there. Golf, as Winston Churchill once said, is a good walk spoiled.

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

You lost me there. Golf, as Winston Churchill once said, is a good walk spoiled.

Notice I said before teeing off. When I just know the day is gonna be all birdies. ;)

34 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I am at the point I yell “Oh no!” at the top of my backswing.  Hence, my abandonment of the game these many years now.  Come July, will try for ‘high gross’ honours at a reunion tournament.  I might as well get a Coke bottle and broom handle, ala Lee Trevino.

Just now, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I am at the point I yell “Oh no!” at the top of my backswing.  Hence, my abandonment of the game these many years now.  Come July, will try for ‘high gross’ honours at a reunion tournament.  I might as well get a Coke bottle and broom handle, ala Lee Trevino.

I am the singular worst golfer that ever played the game. Seriously terrible. Only thing I can do is putt. Driving? nope. Chipping? nope. Medium range? you kidding me?

• Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

Standing on the tee box of the first hole at 7am on a sunny morning just before teeing off. The smell of fresh cut grass and dew in the air.

And a hot cart girl mixing Bloody Marys on #3.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

And a hot cart girl mixing Bloody Marys on #3.

Congrats on holding out so long! 

Or were you ticked off you hadn’t seen her sooner?  Golf will do that to you.....

4 hours ago, Augie said:

Congrats on holding out so long! 

Or were you ticked off you hadn’t seen her sooner?  Golf will do that to you.....

Naah....3d hole is just right.   Beers and a dog at the turn;   cigar on the back nine.