Odell Beckham to the Browns (Bills checked in on him prior to the trade)

23 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Why the hell did they trade him with this dead cap

Using Bills fan logic, I'd argue Gettleman had no other choice.  The Giants were in cap hell and the only way to get out of it was by maximizing 2019 dead money.

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, formerlyofCtown said:

Maybe.  I would like to see those resources used elsewhere now.  This offense doesnt require a prototipical #1.  We may even have one in Foster or Duke Williams only time will tell.

Wow, terrible plan.  You always can use a prototype number 1.  He makes every player better.  I really like Beasley but he is made by Dez, Witten, and Cooper drawing coverages. 

6 minutes ago, jkirchofer said:

Beane isn't afraid to check in. If he wasn't afraid to deal, OBJ (or AB for that matter) would be wearing a Bills uniform this season.

Him and Gettleman have a very personal relationship , OBJ is mentally unstable and took a big step back. 77 rec 1052 yds 6 TD.  None of those are top 15 for WR. 

People on here get so caught up in the name and the TV coverage . SMH. Looks great on paper, I got a feeling it won't look as good on Sundays

Just now, XABI64 said:

We need to draft a TE and WR in the first 3 rounds

***** the defense, it can wait. Allen is more important than anything right now. 

Exactly what needs to be done. Mayfield is set up for total success with all of those weapons. We need to do the same. 

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Haha. I mean Brown and Cole are better teammates but come on. 

I said they should be good but I wouldn't switch with them.  We also have our picks and they don't.  

They built their team and it's loaded with talent.  We're a year behind them and I think we get there with a more disciplined team.  

8 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Gettleman is well respected. I'm thinking the other way- why are you so quick to give up Odell after handing him that contract. Obviously something ain't right.

Browns looking good on paper but we'll see how that works out for them. I'm not as optimistic as others 

Can't agree more.......As said by others here, can't buy a championship.....rookie coach, too many divas, college playmates..........recipe for implosion 

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

Him and Gettleman have a very personal relationship , OBJ is mentally unstable and took a big step back. 77 rec 1052 yds 6 TD.  None of those are top 15 for WR. 

People on here get so caught up in the name and the TV coverage . SMH. Looks great on paper, I got a feeling it won't look as good on Sundays

He played in 12 games with the corpse of Eli. 

1 minute ago, TheTruthHurts said:

There isn't one that will impact right away. Seems like Beane is trying to get a #1 right now. 

I actually think that’s the reason it’s the perfect time to draft one. We have the WR’s signed where the draft pick doesn’t have to step up and be the #1 right away. He can have a “redshirt” type year playing in 4 and 5 WR sets and ease further into the lineup throughout this year and next. 

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Wow, terrible plan.  You always can use a prototype number 1.  He makes every player better.  I really like Beasley but he is made by Dez, Witten, and Cooper drawing coverages. 

Yup just ask Tom Brady who runs the same offense.  Dont get me wrong I would have been happy to give #9 for him, but Moss didnt get  Brady a single SB.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

Watching those personalities mesh is going to be...interesting. OBJ doesn't hold his tongue and neither does Mayfield. When things don't go well it's going to be fireworks between them. Throw in Landry and it's a real party.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, White Linen said:

I said they should be good but I wouldn't switch with them.  We also have our picks and they don't.  

They built their team and it's loaded with talent.  We're a year behind them and I think we get there with a more disciplined team.  

Why should be a year behind the freaking Cleveland Browns?

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Might be a little early to say who’s the better qb at this point.  They also could be so bad next year, they end up with a top pick and get a guy in 2 years. 

Doesn't matter who is best among the 3.  Giants could have had one of the 2.  All signs are that the 3 will be part of a solid QB draft.  They drafted a RB who will pad his stats to no avail.  

The Giants got a another 1st round pick in a draft where you say they may not even the a QB until next year.  And they got a safety and 3rd round pick and they lose one of the best WR in the game, who they are already paying.

So dumb Giants!

Browns offense looks wild so far.  Maybe the best along with KC.

8 minutes ago, XABI64 said:

Gaints are the poster child of why no team should EVER draft a RB in the top 10

Barkley could be the best RB in the league for the next 15 years and it won't matter if they don't find a QB

... Barry Sanders

Knowing Gettleman, getting a replacement for Safety Landon Collins was probably of high priority. Judging by what Cleveland paid, they probably wanted:

- 2019 1st Round - Pick #9

- 2019 3rd Round - Pick #75

- SS Micah Hyde

Then we would have had to give him a big new deal like Cleveland will be. 

... I think I might have still done it, personally.

I'm not sure why talks didn't materialize with the Bills and Giants, but I'm actually a little mad at OBD.  With what the Browns paid, there is no reason we couldn't have beaten that offer.  I would have gladly given 9, a 3rd, and X up for OBJ. 

I know he's a headcase at times, but he is one of the best.  A little frustrated we didn't make a better run at this.

3 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Listening to WFAN and they said that NYG didn’t want OBJ around their rookie QB. Not sure what happened. 

• Thank you (+1) 1