It's early in FA, but...

eball

22 minutes ago, eball said:

...who was it that said the Bills couldn't "fix" the offense in one offseason and that Beane/McD told the Pegulas it was a four year rebuild?

Let me see...three O-linemen, two WRs, a TE -- four or five of them projected starters -- before the draft.  It's almost as if -- gasp -- they had a plan for what to do with all of the cap money they cleared by releasing or trading away bad contracts!

Just like a lot of us have said all along...this is the year the Bills expect to make the jump to perennial playoff team.

I wouldn't say the offense is fixed.  Spayed, perhaps, but NOT fixed.

• Haha (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

It's time to get a hobby if you've prioritized telling people "I told you so" about UFA signings on day 2 of the new league year. <_<   

Pat yourself on the back.  Job well done.  Yep, it's guaranteed they're taking down NE in the division now. 

Didn't anyone learn the lesson that "winning the off-season" ain't all it's cut out to be?  Doesn't matter...egos are involved and ripping fellow fans is the status quo. 

Or, perhaps one could admit he's been spouting complete nonsense about the "plan" for a 4-year rebuild as if it's gospel.  Accountability, ya know?

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Buffalophil1948 said:

Move Ty to RG and still go after Williams. That would be insane

This goes from great off season to legendary if they pull that off. I honestly think thats the next domino to fall...probably later today.

1 minute ago, rodneykm said:

This goes from great off season to legendary if they pull that off. I honestly think thats the next domino to fall...probably later today.

Agreed. If that happens it's time to drag the beane haters out and make them do the walk of shame.

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Foxx said:

not to say that their plan isn't/wasn't good but, i think a large amount of how it transpires depends upon how well or not Allen elevates his play.

Most if not all of it depends on Allen's development. With the upgraded offensive personnel, 2019 sets up to be a pivotal season for JA. 

Not like we're the Chiefs, but the crap supporting cast excuses are gone. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Well let's see how these guys work out in the field first before anointing the front office as geniuses. Up until now when talking about other teams everyone kept saying how FAs dont have much of an effect on their new teams and how teams may look good on paper..........

In general I agree. Let’s let things play out and see how it all works. On paper and in the field are different. 

With the “everyone kept saying how FAs don’t have much of an impact” comment I’d say true if your talking about 1-2 guys. But right now we are possibly talking about 3-5 starters on offense. It could make a huge difference. COULD being the key word 

Edited by mrags

10 minutes ago, Jeebus said:

And most people are forgetting Duke Williams from the CFL... So we've actually brought in 3 WR to try and fix things

I will admit I totally forgot about this signing lol. Hopefully he can be our possession big bodied guy

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Agreed. If that happens it's time to drag the beane haters out and make them do the walk of shame.

giphy.gif

The Allen haters are taking the off-season off? It’s been a bit boring around here. Keep the Beane haters. I haven’t seen a good I miss Sammy Watkins thread in awhile. We are due.

2 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

The only signing I am surprised by is John Brown based on cost. I just do not think he will 9 million a year good but they wanted him last year and they got him this year.  

I think this is more about the going rate of free agent wide receivers then anything

Not sure what I expect from Brown......other then he seems to fit the "this the right player for Josh Allen" mode

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Lmao.

Oh eball, you never learn with the predictions do you?

I think playoffs this year should be the expectation.....so no problems with predicting it.

3 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Not sure why some are surprised. They had cap and cash to spend. They still aren't done.

I think it has to do with the fear and anxiety of not achieving success. Akin to the term Billsy, I'd say we've been conditioned to feel disappointed in this team for the last decade and a half for the majority of the time.

2 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

The only signing I am surprised by is John Brown based on cost. I just do not think he will 9 million a year good but they wanted him last year and they got him this year.  

He’s better than Funchess who got more so ??‍♂️ 

Sounds like it’s a good deal to me. 

I been saying this since last year. Him AND McDermott both had the same vision and blueprint for this roster to sustain long term success. Him and the HC are on the same page and have been very calculated and you can see they're building something potentially special