Bills one of 6 teams in on Leveon Bell

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

His two most recent follows are Richie incognito and Shawne Merriman ?

How do people figure this out? If clicking on "Following" displays everyone in the order they started following, then for Bell, it's Derek Carr, Landon Collins, Earl Thomas, Tyrann Mathieu, DeAndre Hopkins, and Jamal Adams. I don't see Incognito, Merriman, or Aaron Williams anywhere.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yes and no. He mostly is interested in guaranteed money. And the reason he is demanding so much is because he considers himself a hybrid RB/WR.

That is a lot of money to be spending on another RB.

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yes and no. He mostly is interested in guaranteed money. And the reason he is demanding so much is because he considers himself a hybrid RB/WR.

I can't find the link, but Bell mentioned at one point he was leading the league in touches for a couple of years. He was going to lead the league last year too. I would want to get PAID if I'm leading the league in touches. Seems like a valid argument. I would like him here.

Found a link with regards to his touches.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/heres-a-stat-that-explains-why-even-stars-like-leveon-bell-cant-get-monster-deals/

"Bell on his own had greater touch volume than the Packers' trio of backs, but not by much. He touched the ball 406 times in 2017 -- 321 runs and 85 catches. Combined, the Packers' backs had 362 touches. Basically, he touched the ball 2.75 more times per game than they did."

Goes on to discuss that the Packers got the same results from a trio of RBs at a lesser price. I get the cost factors for RBs and some say don't spend big bucks on RBs, but if he can be our stud in the backfield and go out and catch passes, JA would be so much more effective. JMO.

Edited by Dopey

Just now, blacklabel said:

Local reporter Bradley Gelber just tweeted this within the hour. I'm not cool like Yolo, I don't know how to embed tweets in posts here.

All you have to do is paste the link into your post and then there will be a line that says "Paste as plain text instead". Click that and it'll automatically embed.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, bilzfancy said:

Rather they go after Tevin Coleman at more then half the price of Bell

I would have been all over this a year ago. He just seemed awful in the 2018 games I watched.

Edited by Golden Goat

1 hour ago, Bills2ref said:

There is absolutely no chance any GM of the Buffalo Bills can compete with other teams without overpaying. Until the culture turns and Buffalo is a perennial winning franchise, no one will want to come here without being overpaid. 

Interesting enough during the drought each of our GM's were able to make the big deal.

McCoy, Mario Williams, Spikes, Fletcher to name a few. I'm not making excuses for Beane

but if he can take credit for the 9-7 team that made the playoffs then he should be accountable for 6-10 team that he has created.

I hope Josh Allen pans out to be great I like what I see but I can't forget how unprepared the Bills were for the beginning of last season at RB, QB and WR.