What is the exact time negotiations can begin?

The unofficial start of 2019 NFL free agency begins today, Monday, March 11 at 12:00 PM Eastern. In an (unsuccessful) attempt to curb all the illegal tampering that goes on before free agency, the NFL has decided to designate a window for legal tampering for the seventh year in a row. Actual NFL free agency does not officiallybegin until Wednesday, March 13 at 4:00 PM ET, but a “negotiating period” or “legal tampering period” as it’s come to be known begins today at noon.

4 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

the only time zone that matters, ET runs the world

in the US   technically   but 

Coordinated Universal Time is a modern version of Greenwich Mean Time.  AKA UTC is the time standard commonly used across the world.

EST  is minus 5 hours of UTC 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

in the US   technically   but 

Coordinated Universal Time is a modern version of Greenwich Mean Time.  AKA UTC is the time standard commonly used across the world.

USA runs the world brah, ET is the only thing that matters, ET is life

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

So GMs out west aren’t awake at 9am knowing this? 

do you know how important sleep is to men over the age of 50? Tons of medical journals write about it constantly, these west coast GMs know this and don't want to die dude

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

Noon comes three hours later for them.  They can't do anything until Noon.  

Oh

my

god

1 minute ago, PaattMaann said:

do you know how important sleep is to men over the age of 50? Tons of medical journals write about it constantly, these west coast GMs know this and don't want to die dude

I can’t believe what i just read.. We have a three hour head start wow wow

4 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I didn't just fall off the turnip truck.  I realize they'll be cheating a bit and making calls early.

Ummm you do realize that at 9am PST it’s 12pm EST?  

PST they can start negotiating at 9am

Central they can start at 11am

good lord did you go to school?

EVERY TEAM WILL START AT THE SAME TIME

Edited by CaptnCoke11

4 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Ummm you do realize that at 9am PST it’s 12pm EST?  

PST they can start negotiating at 9am

Central they can start at 11am

good lord did you go to school?

EVERY TEAM WILL START AT THE SAME TIME

I'll tell you what dude.  Go to California and make a Noon lunch appointment then show up at 9 and see how long you have to wait.

• Haha (+1) 2

21 hours ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

I know clubs can start contacting agents on the 11th, so does that mean tonight at midnight? After the AB fiasco I got a feeling we may be a little aggressive.....? Go Bills!!!

I don’t know ?‍♂️ but I feel like a kid 

( on Christmas ) who can’t sleep cuz all he can think of is what it those boxes under the Christmas ? 

1 minute ago, McBean said:

OBD fell asleep again behind the wheel!!

Already 9am ET and no moves!

This is Buddy Nix 2.0. Fire em all!

It’s not 9:00 am yet !!

wake up , stop and get a coffee 

Edited by Putin

1 minute ago, Putin said:

I don’t know ?‍♂️ but I feel like a kid 

( on Christmas ) who can’t sleep cuz all he can think of is what it those boxes under the Christmas ? 

It’s not 9:00 am yet !!

wake up , stop and get a coffee 

8:56am and still no deals from the Bills with all this money to spend!!?? Unacceptable!

Again, fire em all!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, McBean said:

8:56am and still no deals from the Bills with all this money to spend!!?? Unacceptable!

Again, fire em all!

I couldn’t agree more !!!!!

Edited by Putin
  • Like (+1) 1

I'm confused............I live in Colorado Springs, CO (which is Mountain Time).

I am visiting in Buffalo the past 3 weeks which is Eastern Time.

When can I start reading about transactions is FA.......do I have to wait the 2 hours...............I'm so confused!

• Haha (+1) 1

21 hours ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

I know clubs can start contacting agents on the 11th, so does that mean tonight at midnight? After the AB fiasco I got a feeling we may be a little aggressive.....? Go Bills!!!

If you honestly think these teams are "waiting" until some magical hour, you are seriously misguided.  You also probably believe the NCAA is a pure, clean amateur oragnization and those "rogue" coaches that keep popping up who use "pay to play" boosters for highly touted star recruits are just one-off coaches who are way "out of line" and the Universities and NCAA had  NO IDEA this stuff was going on.

Edited by matter2003

34 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

If you honestly think these teams are "waiting" until some magical hour, you are seriously misguided.  You also probably believe the NCAA is a pure, clean amateur oragnization and those "rogue" coaches that keep popping up who use "pay to play" boosters for highly touted star recruits are just one-off coaches who are way "out of line" and the Universities and NCAA had  NO IDEA this stuff was going on.

I know this. But this question was raised for the exact time "we the public lol" can expect to start hearing the magic phrase " the Buffalo Bills have a deal in place with Daryl freaking Williams" . That's what I'm talking about ?

3 minutes ago, TOboy said:

For the uninformed...who is Kevin? And what is the likelihood he'd have the inside scoop? 

hes a fan like you and I, he does some media work for UB sports I think. He doesn't know any more than us. I think to give the tweet context he was just saying thats what he feels based on our connections to a bunch of different trade talks. I would say its more of his wish or thought than anything actually known.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, zevo said:

Ive seen stuff from this guy before....don’t remember if he is legit or not

Every once in a great while he might get close to something that comes true. He typically calls for players to be cut/signed/traded anytime they have a bad play/game. He's also a "kick the tires" guy on any sort of name he recognizes.