What's your off-season worst case scenario?

Worst case scenario is Bills get shutout in free agency for quality OL, Lose Mills/ Miller, can't trade down in draft, draft non OL BPA in first only to see a run on quality OL and have to spend draft capital to move up for OL projects that may be no better than Mills/ Miller but without the experience.

Draft Whitner instead of Ngata

Draft Hardy instead of Desean Jackson

Draft Maybin instead of Orakpo

Draft Spiller with Lynch and Freddie already on the roster

Draft Troup instead of Gronk

Trade up for TJ Grahm and pass on Russell Wilson

Draft EJ Manuel

Trade up for a WR that can't stay healthy in the first, then draft a tackle that can't block in the second

This regime is in there so these nightmare scenarios don't happen.

46 minutes ago, Steve O said:

Draft Whitner instead of Ngata

Draft Hardy instead of Desean Jackson

Draft Maybin instead of Orakpo

Draft Spiller with Lynch and Freddie already on the roster

Draft Troup instead of Gronk

Trade up for TJ Grahm and pass on Russell Wilson

Draft EJ Manuel

Trade up for a WR that can't stay healthy in the first, then draft a tackle that can't block in the second

This regime is in there so these nightmare scenarios don't happen.

You forgot...trade down with a team that selects a future NFL MVP QB.  

2 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

We refuse to give Antonio Brown ~$20 mil then turn around and give Devin Funchess $10-12 mil.

Worst case is Carolina North becomes even more of a reality.  Daryl Williams, Devin Funchess, heck, all of Carolina's cast-offs.  

May as well hire Marty Hurney at this point. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I will say that signing Spencer Long to starter money was a good start to a worst case scenario.?

Very much in line with the all-poor-value free agency team they signed last year.  

That was epic and will be hard to top for the sheer volume of ineffectiveness.

In the draft.........drafting for need..........that always fails.

I guess worst case is the Bills coming out of this thinking that 2019 will be another "building" season.........the regime has put a lot of eggs in this 2019 basket and "The Process" is little more than a fake-it-til-you-make-it scheme by a first time HC and if it doesn't start bearing fruit the locker room is going to stop trusting the principles of the process.

15 hours ago, Bills Fan of Maryland said:

I think Blue collar guys would be willing to play in Buffalo and some might actually prefer it. We need to stop targeting the flashy high maintenance types looking for the publicity and notoriety that comes with a me, me, me attitude. Focus on and pay the FA who wants to be here. Team guys would be fine with Buffalo especially after talking with past player ambassadors. Don't overpay WR and RBs just to get them in town. 

D. Allen signs with Fins....Who's up next?

Based on the one tweet AB LIKED, he didn't want to play with Allen because he believed he was a run first passer. Guess he didn't understand we had no weapons or watch the last 6 games.

It sucks that we don't play the Raiders this year so JA could give him the Rasmey treatment.

We need to find guys that fit the scheme, but also not be hesitant to look for players with less than stellar reps. At the end of the day, talent wins.

I think we'll have more success with Olinemen in FA'cy.

Edited by BillsSB2020

16 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I will say that signing Spencer Long to starter money was a good start to a worst case scenario.?

Very much in line with the all-poor-value free agency team they signed last year.  

That was epic and will be hard to top for the sheer volume of ineffectiveness.

In the draft.........drafting for need..........that always fails.

I guess worst case is the Bills coming out of this thinking that 2019 will be another "building" season.........the regime has put a lot of eggs in this 2019 basket and "The Process" is little more than a fake-it-til-you-make-it scheme by a first time HC and if it doesn't start bearing fruit the locker room is going to stop trusting the principles of the process.

Everyone's favorite ray of sunshine weighs in. Happy Sunday!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On March 9, 2019 at 2:42 PM, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Dooms Day scenarios aside, I'm curious what fans believe to be the worst possible outcome of free agency and the draft. 

Exclude any injuries or off fied issues for current players and try to focus on moves, acquisitions (or lack there of) that you think would be terrible for the team. 

Let's see how bad things can get! 

Overpaying for mediocre offensive linemen and the O-line ends up no better than this past season.

On 3/9/2019 at 3:02 PM, MrEpsYtown said:

We cant sign any offensive line guys so we settle and re-sign Miller and Mills. Then we reach to fill a hole by drafting Jonah Williams at 9. 

Miller and Mills on the cheap would not be so bad. Still draft OT to compete. Gives them the opportunity to move Dawkins to LG. Still need to find a center though.