If The Bills Stay @ #9, Who Is Your Guy?

H2o

14 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

Does the gap between talent and production with Gary worry you?

A little. The bigger worry is that I think he played better in 2017 than 2018. Some of that was how he has used and some of it I think was him protecting himself for the NFL. If I get the 2017 Rashan Gary then I have no concerns that he will be productive in the NFL. 

Ed Oliver. On the simple basis the drop off from round 1 to round 2 is a lot bigger at DT than other positions like WR, OL and TE. To maximise draft value, he makes the most sense. Whenever I try 7 round mock simulators, I also seem to get the best draft with Oliver at 9

• Like (+1) 3

Ed Oliver. Up until November, he was regarded as a possible top 2 pick. He got hurt, which was nothing long-term, and had a ridiculous sideline situation with a coach. However, based on his on-field production and skillset, we would be getting a pass rushing DT with the ability to be not just a KW replacement but (on-field) upgrade to anchor the line for years to come. Build the trenches. 

• Like (+1) 8

On 3/8/2019 at 8:28 AM, elltrain22 said:

I want a starter on offense. 

If it's OL- gimmie Jonah Williams or Jawaan Taylor

if it's WR/TE- gimmie Metcalf or Hockenson

If I have to pick one I like Taylor

I’m with you on this.  I really want either Williams or Metcalf at 9 but if we were to trade back & land Hockenson, I’d be happy with that too.

Let’s Go Buffalo!!!!!

2 hours ago, BuffaloFan68 said:

I think Hock has the potential to be a top 5 TE in the NFL.  Granted I’m not a fan of drafting TEs in the first, I would make an exception for this kid, just not in the top 10. 

He makes sense in a trade back, but given Washington have decided to kick their QB issue into 2020 by signing Keenum I don't see many candidates

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/8/2019 at 10:09 AM, RyanC883 said:

If D. White is available, he is the BPA and should be taken in about 2 seconds.  Your LB corp is set for the next 10 years.  Then, this is a deep WR class, draft a speedy WR in the 2nd.  Lots to choose from.  I'm also assuming we hit a few OL/TE in FA.  

to be able to take BPA means FA worked out decently : ) ie fix the O line would be sweet.
and if White was the pick ? that would be fine be me.
as long as the Off  Line gets sorted BPA works for me at 9 -20  lol

• Like (+1) 1

This is a tough pick to choose....I have been watching more video....I am starting to warm up to Hockenson but still like Metcalf also if we go the offense/skill position.  I also think that Isabella is going to be incredible as a pro....he is explosive and versatile.  Hakeem Butler is raw but intriguing and I can see why a  of posters like him as a possible 3rd round pick.  Marquise Brown is also of the same mold of Isabella ...both have great speed and quickness...Isabella seems to be the tougher while Brown might be touch faster.   Not to be confused....I am not saying to take Isabella, Brown or Butler at pick 9....I just like them a lot and see their value in the 2nd or in the event we trade down.

Edited by Magnum Force

our biggest need is OL and WR/TE.  

That said, i wonder about drafting OL this year at 9 (for sure draft later on tho).  This is because we either have a guy who replaces Dion, which means Dion is gonski, or we are drafting (at best) a RT.  I don't think you draft an RT w a top 10 pick.  Also, i don't think there are any guards coming out who look like that kid last year from ND who is worth a top pick at G.

So i think max value is either WR/TE (but it's either a huge roll of the dice on DK, or a bit of a reach for a need), a pass rusher/DT falls (which i doubt, but you never know) or we trade down and get more picks.  I could see us trading because this FO likes trades more than any other i've ever seen.