If The Bills Stay @ #9, Who Is Your Guy?

H2o

3 hours ago, Magnum Force said:

I think the pick will be Metcalf if he is still on board at pick 9.    It fits Beane's style and trying to land Antonio Brown further points to this.  Beane's legacy is tied to Josh Allen's success. 

I think Beane will look for players that were productive in college. Most of the WR's projected in the first and second round have more production than DK

4 minutes ago, BillsfanAZ said:

I think Beane will look for players that were productive in college. Most of the WR's projected in the first and second round have more production than DK

Allen wasn't overly productive in college.  There were much more productive QBs than Allen his draft year.

• Like (+1) 3

On 3/8/2019 at 7:06 AM, gjv001 said:

You win at the Line of Scrimmage. Build both lines.

We may be able to do alot of that in FA- that said, 100 percent agree- everything starts in the trenches. The first 3 rounds I would love BPA for what its worth.

Depends on what happens in Free Agency.  I would say Taylor or Williams for the OL, but I think that will be addressed next week.  So in that case I say Ed Oliver, Christian Wilkins or an Edge.  To me, this off season is about the trenches.  Although I want them to trade down, get an extra pick or two and grab Paris Campbell and Noah Fant.

All that said they will take Metcalf and I will be cooooooool with that too. LoL 

• Like (+1) 1

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 5:55 AM, The Senator said:

Jonah Williams.  You can never have enough guys named Williams.  We could change our name from Buffalo Bills to Buffalo Williams.

BTW, nice to be talking about something other than The Antonio Brown thing today.

My last name. Git 'er done ! But my preference is someone over 255 lbs. I would love the guard from B.C.. in round 2 and go DL in round 1

Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY

1 hour ago, Magnum Force said:

Allen wasn't overly productive in college.  There were much more productive QBs than Allen his draft year.

However, he did elevate the play of that college significantly.  There is a difference between Allen not throwing for 4,000 yards on a team that was outgunned almost every game and DK Metcalf who is a physical marvel, but was the 3rd leading WR on a Mississippi team where AJ Brown had 2x the receptions that Metcalf did.

Note that I am not saying that Metcalf may not become a great NFL WR, but why did AJ Brown and Demarcus Lodge out produce him at Ole Miss?  

To to be clear, I could understand why the Bills might consider him at 9 - he is obviously a hard working player, just look at his body.  He comes from an NFL family line and I’ve not seen anything saying that he isn’t a worker or that he is a bad teammate.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsfanAZ said:

Not fair to punish a guy because of a severe injury

32 minutes ago, DrDare said:

DK

Best OL

or Hockensen

anything else would be mildly disappointing

This. Everything this. Nailed it. 

23 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

However, he did elevate the play of that college significantly.  There is a difference between Allen not throwing for 4,000 yards on a team that was outgunned almost every game and DK Metcalf who is a physical marvel, but was the 3rd leading WR on a Mississippi team where AJ Brown had 2x the receptions that Metcalf did.

Note that I am not saying that Metcalf may not become a great NFL WR, but why did AJ Brown and Demarcus Lodge out produce him at Ole Miss?  

To to be clear, I could understand why the Bills might consider him at 9 - he is obviously a hard working player, just look at his body.  He comes from an NFL family line and I’ve not seen anything saying that he isn’t a worker or that he is a bad teammate.

Ok honest question to you....it's our 2nd Round pick and no WR has been taken in the draft up to our pick.....what WR would you choose?  We will say we have taken Oliver, Taylor or Williams with pick #9.

For me, Magnum, if I'm picking a WR in round 2, it's probably Parris Campbell.  If I'm picking in round 3, I'm not sure yet, but it could be Miles Boykin.

Edited by TigerJ

I think it depends on whose there, but I favor best player available at pick 9. I think the team can add multiple offensive linemen, a quality WR, and supplement another need or two via free agency while also having the rest of the draft to add talent. 

Based off of what I know I think the best player available will likely be a interior pass rusher which is a need esp long term.

8 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

For me, Magnum, if I'm picking a WR in round 2, it's probably Parris Campbell.  If I'm picking in round 3, I'm not sure yet, but it could be Miles Boykin.

I like Campbell out of Ohio State a lot also....great combine.  My question to him was basically which WR would he take if given the choice out of any WR in the draft.   But I do like the Campbell pick....I like Isabella and Brown ahead of him but he is right there.

22 minutes ago, Magnum Force said:

Ok honest question to you....it's our 2nd Round pick and no WR has been taken in the draft up to our pick.....what WR would you choose?  We will say we have taken Oliver, Taylor or Williams with pick #9.

Difficult question to answer depending on what happened in FA.  Let’s assume that they signed a likely starting OC and possibly an upgrade over Jordan Mills at RT.  Did they re-sign Jonathan Miller to play RG?

if they have only signed 2 FA OL and they had taken a non-OL in the 1st, then I would look very hard at an OL in the 2nd round before I would take any WR or TE.  That isn’t to say that I don’t think that there are not good prospects among Debo Samuel, N’Keal Harry, Kelvin Harmon Paris Campbell etc, but rather that I think the OL is as big a need or more than receivers and that good WRs are of little value if the OL can’t provide at least some protection to the QB (who showed promise, but is still no sure thing).

9 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Difficult question to answer depending on what happened in FA.  Let’s assume that they signed a likely starting OC and possibly an upgrade over Jordan Mills at RT.  Did they re-sign Jonathan Miller to play RG?

if they have only signed 2 FA OL and they had taken a non-OL in the 1st, then I would look very hard at an OL in the 2nd round before I would take any WR or TE.  That isn’t to say that I don’t think that there are not good prospects among Debo Samuel, N’Keal Harry, Kelvin Harmon Paris Campbell etc, but rather that I think the OL is as big a need or more than receivers and that good WRs are of little value if the OL can’t provide at least some protection to the QB (who showed promise, but is still no sure thing).

I think a WR such as Metcalf or Harry who are big bodied with a large wingspan would be ideal for Allen. I also like the potential of Metcalf's ability to stretch the field.  I think with Allen's mobility and running prowess...he can get by with a lesser offensive line during pass protection....not to say that the OL doesn't need to be upgraded....especially for the running game besides Allen...I understand we need to fill the vacancy that was left by Kyle also.   Free Agency  will give us a better idea of what we can expect from the draft.

Edited by Magnum Force