NFL QB Carousel..per Omar Kelly.

PIZ

7 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Omar might have just finished a doobie...

Not sure what he said that is far off? He is not the only one saying these things. I think he just assembled them all into one thread.

Anyhow, what I really like is the fact that the Buffalo Bills for the first time in many years are not part of these speculations. What a relief it is.

30 minutes ago, mannc said:

Nor did he show that he’s not.  And he’s 10 months removed from being no. 10 overall.

100% correct.

Denver does like Drew Lock the same way Pittsburgh really liked Mason Rudolph last year. They still waited until the 3rd to take him. I suspect Denver will take Drew Lock in the 2nd round (and I think he will still be there).

Rosen does make sense in Washington. The Grudens want pocket QBs, not guys who make hay on broken plays. Also Washington is tight against the cap and cannot get out of that Smith contract. Rosen is cheap and is cheap for a number of years if it works out for them. They also have a really underrated offensive line - which even before the draft I always said was critical for a team taking Rosen - Washington's is one of the best in the league when they are all healthy..... the issue for them has been that a couple of those guys are quite injury prone.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 3

8 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Omar Kelly is an idiot.

Yes, yes he is.  He just took every rumor and threw it into a tweet because he's annoyed with the Fish tanking this season and not getting involved in the QB race.

10 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

My best guess is a third and a fifth. The Redskins have two thirds and two fifths thanks to gaining 4 comp picks. The trade would leave them with 7 picks. 

There won't  be a Rosen trade without a #1 involved.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

Wow, so according to this scenario there’s at least 2 QB’s taken in the top 10 picks.  If Denver is “locked in” on Lock it probably means they aren’t the only team interested in drafting him.  That could make the #10 spot a very interesting spot for a trade

Why would the ten spot be interesting for a trade? If Denver covets Lock and he's there at 10, they won't be trading that pick. If they move up, it will be for a QB so not much left at 10...

Edited by BuffAlone

28 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

The only way I can see a 1 involved is if the deal is Washington swapping its #1 for the Cardinals #2. The trade value there is about 420 points by the traditional chart which is equivalent to a mid 2nd rounder. It would give the Cards 2 picks in the first 15 but the Redskins would still have two #2s and two #3s..... plenty of ammunition to jump back up into the last 10 picks of round 1 for a non-QB position player they really like if needs be.

20 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Why would a team overpay ?   Dudes an interception machine.  

Actually his INT percentage per attempt was just a smidgen better than Josh Allen's. He did in addition, however, lose 5 fumbles to Allen's 2.

• Like (+1) 2

Sounds like an interesting premise but this Kelly dude has unloaded some whoppers before so we'll see what happens.

Speaking of whoppers, did anyone catch that speculated trade scenario involving Buffalo, Jacksonville and Philly? I'm pretty sure it was just conjecture but it proposed a three-way trade which would involve Shady, Foles and Leonard Fournette. I'm not sure which way they had the trades lined up but it would be something like Shady to Philly for Foles and then Foles to Jacksonville for Fournette. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Actually his INT percentage per attempt was just a smidgen better than Josh Allen's. He did in addition, however, lose 5 fumbles to Allen's 2.

Given how large a perceived gap there was between Rosen's and Allen's "readiness" to lead an NFL offense, those statistics are pretty damning (for Rosen).

1 minute ago, eball said:

Given how large a perceived gap there was between Rosen's and Allen's "readiness" to lead an NFL offense, those statistics are pretty damning (for Rosen).

I certainly think that they are a negative for Rosen. I wouldn't quite go as far as pretty damning. I think people are very fast to write him off... those people may include the Cardinals front office. But I still suspect in the long run he will show he can play.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

was Rosen THAT bad in Arizona?

having the team abandoning a guy considered a Top Pick after a partial season??  

No, I think it’s more about the coaching/scheme. Kliff wanting his guy. If it happens. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

was Rosen THAT bad in Arizona?

having the team abandoning a guy considered a Top Pick after a partial season??  

If all this Murray stuff is true, it's just coaching change stuff. Kingsbury knows what type of quarterback he wanst for his system, and apparently Rosen is not it. It's just simply the effect of a regime change. 

2 hours ago, bigK14094 said:

The Cardinals would have zero leverage. And honestly, most teams can just decide turn around and draft a guy instead. It's terrible timing for a trade imo. 

• Thank you (+1) 1