2019 NFL Combine updates

YoloinOhio

58 minutes ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

Guess you’ve never seen him....

If you want to slag him in the future,  your better argument is injuries and/or inexperience FWIW.

I’ve seen plenty.  I don’t fall in love with times and abs.  I trust my eyes when watching the tape.  He’s got huge potential but he needs to work on his route running and concentration imo. I think there’s more to being a great wr than being tall, fast and jacked.  Then there’s the health concerns. Very big health concerns.  

All that being aaid, I’ll be shocked if we take a WR at 9, but if we did, I understand why Metcalf is the pick, I just don’t have to think it’s a good pick.

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

Now that the smoke has settled, I’m not sold on Metcalf being what we need to make our offense go.

I still feel like Jonah Williams/Jawaan Taylor at 9, or a slight trade down and grab Dillard or Risner is the way to go.

Then in round 2 grab their favorite WR that’s still on the board.

I really think we need to see how free agency plays out. I am hopeful we sign two good veteran olinemen. BPA could easily end up being a very good DL that falls because of more qbs going early than many expected. 

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I feel like we are trading down, or getting whichever one of these defensive linemen who drop to 9. Someone will be there.

I really hope the Jets don't get him or Bosa. 

Almost impossible that they don't get one or the other, esp. if Murray goes #1 overall.

3 hours ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

I have to come clean and admit I want Garrett Bradbury in the 1st. Now taking him at #9 is lunacy but I’m thinking about adding a player that fills a need, has All Pro potential and helps Josh Allen. I keep going back to Bradbury.

He tested off the charts, has years of excellent game tape and is incredibly intelligent. All the reports coming from the Senior Bowl and Combine make note of how smart he’s in the classroom. 

Last year we got our QB and our QB of the defense. Now it’s time to get our QB of the OL. Josh Allen still has trouble with pre-snap recognition and that’s where Bradbury excels.

Bills loved Frank Ragnow last year and he went #20. We have to find a way to trade back a bit. Maybe to #23 with Houston. They need OL help and Taylor, Risner are Top 20 picks. I’d love if we got Houston’s 23rd, 44th and 45th. Works in the trade value chart.

Coming away with Garrett Bradbury, Chris Lindstrom, Kelvin Harmon and Rock Ya Sin on the first two days of the Draft is a great haul.

Would love this but I think Harmon, despite his 40, will go sooner than that. I still like him more than DK just based on his production. 

A great O-line makes average WRs better. I hope Beane’s plan is to build the OL first. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

He’s having a Manny Lawson combine. I could see them grabbing him as a replacement for Alexander. 

That's not much of an endorsement, considering in Lawson's best year, he had 6 sacks.

I think Sweat will be better, he looks stronger. You can see the pop he has in some of his hits on an OT. He's got a long body and has the ability to add some bulk.

But....idk, he was beating people in the Senior Bowl practices (except Dillard), but when he was going against the better OT's of the North, he didn't do much. He knifed through on a few running plays, but was pretty invisible on pass plays.

Beating up on lesser competition is one thing, but facing quality OL on a regular basis is another.

I just don't see him as a "can't miss" guy and not as a "we'd be crazy to pass on this guy".

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SWATeam said:

I think the drafting of Allen and Edmunds shows Beane likes high upside athletes early in the draft.  Metcalf fits right in.

Metcalf’s 3 cone drill time of 7.38 suggests he has below average agility for a wideout. Can’t imagine Beane and other GMs are thrilled with that. It’s a huge red flag.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Nick Bosa right around same 40 time as Joey ran. Joey had an impressive 10 yard split so will be interested to see Nick’s

Rashan Gary  dammmmmn 4.61, 1.63 10 yard split 

Not surprised honestly. He'll impress at the combine. I'm still very leery of a guy that never really made plays at the collegiate level. And this is coming from a guy who watches every single UM game.

1 minute ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Gary is an impressive looking athlete.  Sweat getting the headlines with his 40 time, but Gary more impressive to me.  Unless he is a major character concern, I’d be surprised if Gary lasts to pick 9.  

I hope you're correct.?

I know it's early, but I've been saying it for awhile, there is going to be some damn good defensive talent sitting there for us at 9. Guys who are better than any offensive player - linemen or skill position - in this draft. We would be crazy to pass one up to draft for need. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Gary is an impressive looking athlete.  Sweat getting the headlines with his 40 time, but Gary more impressive to me.  Unless he is a major character concern, I’d be surprised if Gary lasts to pick 9.  

I just wasn't impressed when Gary actually plays football.

Edited by SWATeam
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I want no part of Gary. Was a number 1 recruit, never lived up to the hype. He's classic boom or bust. He takes plays off. He takes whole games off. He's talented no doubt, but no personal drive. I think he goes top 15, but at 9 there's no way I want somebody who can't be counted on to give his all , play in and play out. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I know it's early, but I've been saying it for awhile, there is going to be some damn good defensive talent sitting there for us at 9. Guys who are better than any offensive player - linemen or skill position - in this draft. We would be crazy to pass one up to draft for need. 

The adage that it starts with the trenches is as true defensively as it is offensively.

Couple thoughts; as soon as you believe one side of the field is "fine," they're suddenly not. Secondly, you never want to reach with a top ten pick. Wouldn't dislike a trade back, but if the clear BPA is a defensive lineman, that's who you take.

4 minutes ago, BillsSB2020 said:

Not surprised honestly. He'll impress at the combine. I'm still very leery of a guy that never really made plays at the collegiate level. And this is coming from a guy who watches every single UM game.

I hope you're correct.?

I completely agree. Though, it is complicated as to how he was used.

Just now, BuffAlone said:

I want no part of Gary. Was a number 1 recruit, never lived up to the hype. He's classic boom or bust. He takes plays off. He takes whole games off. He's talented no doubt, but no personal drive. I think he goes top 15, but at 9 there's no way I want somebody who can't be counted on to give his all , play in and play out. 

Im not sure if that was the issue but if it was, I agree

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Oh, I know as well you do as an opposing fan that Gary wasn't necessarily wasn't tasked with "making plays." I'm not saying he wasn't an effective college player. Just not the kind of true difference maker you look for at 9 IMO.

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Im not sure if that was the issue but if it was, I agree

His work ethic and game film reminds me of Dareus. Sometimes you don't even know he's on the field. We can't afford that kind of mistake again. JMO

• Like (+1) 1