Antonio Brown officially requests trade; expected to be moved by 3/8

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, 3rdand12 said:

Brown coming to Buffalo  would be stupid for him. he should go to the Packers. Rodgers can handle him and make better use.
Bills still only have one TE signed. lets fix that first

and an O line  that , well , needs some work.

long term sustainable winning. that means smart staggered contracts. Brown should go to a very solid SB contender.

just my humble opinion. ( and i think his screws are  too loose )

Its not really his choice here, he has no leverage really.  Steelers will make the trade that is the best return.  So thats really on the Packers, will they step up and make the best offer, or any offer at all is the question.  They have those 2 first rounders already mentioned, so they could probably outbid people by sending one of those over.  

I doubt there will be many, if any, suitors willing to pay a first round pick for him.  His talent is worth it, but given the combo of age, contract size (limits suitors via cap space) and recent PR issues with him will hurt his market and I think he may ultimately be traded for a 2nd rounder.

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don't disagree here.  The Steelers went from a team of team first guys to a bunch of prima donnas who were more interested in their brand than winning a superbowl.  You'll see the outcome of that this year when Bell doesn't get what he wants on the open market and Brown spends the next two to three years being a shell of his former self playing with a worse quarterback.

15 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Its not really his choice here, he has no leverage really.  Steelers will make the trade that is the best return.  So thats really on the Packers, will they step up and make the best offer, or any offer at all is the question.  They have those 2 first rounders already mentioned, so they could probably outbid people by sending one of those over.  

I doubt there will be many, if any, suitors willing to pay a first round pick for him.  His talent is worth it, but given the combo of age, contract size (limits suitors via cap space) and recent PR issues with him will hurt his market and I think he may ultimately be traded for a 2nd rounder.

I think a 2nd rounder might be something Mc Beane would consider IMO,

so I hope you are correct Alpha,

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Figster said:

I think a 2nd rounder might be something Mc Beane would consider IMO,

so I hope you are correct Alpha,

I think so too, although I still don't expect Beane to do it.  However given the alleged interest in Hunt, shows me Beane both wants talent and believes in McD running this ship and controlling the news and locker room.  So I won't rule it out, and I think a 2nd is the most realistic price tag.  I think the only 2 teams that would trade a first are Raiders or Packers given they have extra picks.  

But honestly, Raiders don't really make sense, they are not a player away from being good over the next couple of years.  Brown would be a wasted first round pick when they could use that to invest in youth on a depleted roster.  But the time that roster turns the corner, Brown is going to be likely on the decline or close to it.  If they are going to spend a first on Brown, they should have just kept Cooper who is a lot younger and cheaper and could be a building block where as Brown is more of a win over the next few years type player.  

18 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

Brown coming to Buffalo  would be stupid for him. he should go to the Packers. Rodgers can handle him and make better use.
Bills still only have one TE signed. lets fix that first

and an O line  that , well , needs some work.

long term sustainable winning. that means smart staggered contracts. Brown should go to a very solid SB contender.

just my humble opinion. ( and i think his screws are  too loose )

Buffalo's D and Josh Allen are 2 very big reasons to consider the Buffalo Bills IMO.

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I think so too, although I still don't expect Beane to do it.  However given the alleged interest in Hunt, shows me Beane both wants talent and believes in McD running this ship and controlling the news and locker room.  So I won't rule it out, and I think a 2nd is the most realistic price tag.  I think the only 2 teams that would trade a first are Raiders or Packers given they have extra picks.  

But honestly, Raiders don't really make sense, they are not a player away from being good over the next couple of years.  Brown would be a wasted first round pick when they could use that to invest in youth on a depleted roster.  But the time that roster turns the corner, Brown is going to be likely on the decline or close to it.  If they are going to spend a first on Brown, they should have just kept Cooper who is a lot younger and cheaper and could be a building block where as Brown is more of a win over the next few years type player.  

The handle McD has on the locker room is why I think the AB to Buffalo trade makes sense.  Tomlin is a big part of the problem in Steeler country IMO. We have two elite players now that really don't want to play for the Steelers.

How about Bell and Brown both in Bills uni's,

Steal the killer B's from the Steelers

Edited by Figster
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Figster said:

The handle McD has on the locker room is why I think the AB to Buffalo trade makes sense.  Tomlin is a big part of the problem in Steeler country IMO. We have two elite players now that really don't want to play for the Steelers.

I fully agree with all this.  Not convinced Beane is going to go this route, mostly given this is a great WR draft, especially in depth, and Beane is a total build through the draft guy.  

Ive been saying Tomlin is over rated for a while, and other players have criticized how he manages the locker room, both current and past.  Meanwhile, McD I feel has a great grasp on that locker room and total respect from players.  So, I do think Beane won't be scared off as much by Brown in terms of locker room, but just not sure he wants to give up a high asset for a 31 year old WR on such a young team.  And like I said, this is a WR rich draft, so that asset could bring in a valuable WR prospect that could be a one two punch with Allen for the next decade.  

Then again, with the defense already pretty good, he may want to expedite Allens growth by giving him a very talented weapon right now.  So won't shock me to see us interested or even trade for him, I just still think its more likely they look at FA and Draft.   

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Figster said:

How about Bell and Brown both in Bills uni's,

Steal the killer B's from the Steelers

Missed the part of both Bells in a Bills uni...I would cry tears of joy.  

Admittedly, I have said I prefer to not spend so much on Bell, but if he was a Bill, I would be excited still.  Not like I write the checks.  Both of them would be incredible.  

However, my expectation of the odds of landing both is pretty close to 0% and I am still pretty sure neither come here.  But I reserve the right to be ecstatic if the Killer B's are on this roster next season haha.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Missed the part of both Bells in a Bills uni...I would cry tears of joy.  

Admittedly, I have said I prefer to not spend so much on Bell, but if he was a Bill, I would be excited still.  Not like I write the checks.  Both of them would be incredible.  

However, my expectation of the odds of landing both is pretty close to 0% and I am still pretty sure neither come here.  But I reserve the right to be ecstatic if the Killer B's are on this roster next season haha.

As would I...

19 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...there ain't enough Depends, bourbon or popcorn in WNY for me to withstand waiting for McDermott to explain how an AB signing "fits the process".....can a HC be defrocked??..

... you and I aren't getting any younger my friend...

... AB might speed up the process...

...I'm just saying...

5 hours ago, Figster said:

Buffalo's D and Josh Allen are 2 very big reasons to consider the Buffalo Bills IMO.

as a receiver 

i think you look what the passing game last year. and the Offense as a whole.
 if i was Brown? i would pass.
and if i was me ? i don't want him here. Develop via the draft and youth at Wr. and that is why Bills need to fix the O line and TEs.

protect Josh and run the damned ball effectively : )

Edited by 3rdand12
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

as a receiver 

i think you look what the passing game last year. and the Offense as a whole.
 if i was Brown? i would pass.
and if i was me ? i don't want him here. Develop via the draft and youth at Wr. and that is why Bills need to fix the O line and TEs.

protect Josh and run the damned ball effectively : )

as a receiver

If you look at kevin Benjamin,  the Bills WR's and TE's, and the Offense as a whole.

If I was Brown I would say " Damn Josh,  you could use some help, and I love catching the football" 

and If I was me, (which I hope I'm me ) I want him here because he gives Allen the best WR in the game as a go to guy.  

Protect Josh, give him some AB, then together they would conquer the universe/ win Championships.

...Amen...

...end of story...  

:  )

10 hours ago, Figster said:

as a receiver

If you look at kevin Benjamin,  the Bills WR's and TE's, and the Offense as a whole.

If I was Brown I would say " Damn Josh,  you could use some help, and I love catching the football" 

and If I was me, (which I hope I'm me ) I want him here because he gives Allen the best WR in the game as a go to guy.  

Protect Josh, give him some AB, then together they would conquer the universe/ win Championships.

...Amen...

...end of story...  

:  )

I do like your attitude sir !

9 hours ago, stony said:

Man, Big Ben sounds like an awesome teammate.  

even better drinking buddy : )

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, formerlyofCtown said:

For whatever reason I think we will make a run at AB.  I dont think we will do it if it takes a first.

A real ladies man as well.

I could see it. I would be only mildly surprised. I think there is a ton of stuff that went down with the Steelers and I have a feeling it’s not all on AB. I don’t think it will happen but I think they will try. Poyer situation aside, as he’s no angel either.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I could see it. I would be only mildly surprised. I think there is a ton of stuff that went down with the Steelers and I have a feeling it’s not all on AB. I don’t think it will happen but I think they will try. Poyer situation aside, as he’s no angel either.

I agree, two sides to the story and its not all on AB in my humble opinion. When you take into consideration the similarities between Big Ben and Josh Allen by way of skill set. How different they come across by way of character.  I can understand why the Bills may believe AB could prove beneficial going into the future. 

Living in Steeler territory I've grown accustomed to watching B R and AB connecting on broken plays. AB makes it look easy. The guys a nightmare to cover and would immediately start opening up space for other play makers on the Bills O IMO. 

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

AB may cry about what a meanie Big Ben is, but AB's days of 1500 yards seasons are over.

Plus, he quit on his team. 

AB just broke the Steeler franchise record last season with 15 TD's. Two more TD's then the Bills O, WR's TE's , RB's combined. ( receiving )

and the quitting on the team is debatable IMO.

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 1

When his former teammate slammed him on CBS (can't remember his name - safety for the Steelers for like 10 years - Ryan Clark?) I thought that was pretty damning. 

Mind you, he wasn't all that complimentary of Ben and his leadership skills either. 

I'd pass on AB unless I was extremely confident he'd come in, put his head down, work hard and drop the diva act. I'm just not sure how anyone could be confident in that. 

14 minutes ago, Figster said:

AB just broke the Steeler franchise record last season with 15 TD's. Two more TD's then the Bills O, WR's TE's , RB's combined. ( receiving )

and the quitting on the team is debatable IMO.

And on what other team is he going to get those numbers?

"The Steelers listed Brown as injured, but who knows if he really was. Tomlin told reporters Wednesday that he sent Brown for an MRI but the receiver never showed. He was MIA on Saturday too and the coach couldn’t get him on the phone for an explanation. When Brown’s agent called Tomlin on Sunday as said AB was indeed healthy enough to play, Tomlin said he told him to forget it.

Brown came to Heinz Field anyway. He spoke to Tomlin, who encouraged him to stick around and support his teammates. The Steelers hadn’t been eliminated from the playoffs at that point, after all. Everything was still on the table, Brown apparently left at halftime. And that was that."

He quit on the team.

4 minutes ago, TOboy said:

When his former teammate slammed him on CBS (can't remember his name - safety for the Steelers for like 10 years - Ryan Clark?) I thought that was pretty damning. 

Mind you, he wasn't all that complimentary of Ben and his leadership skills either. 

I'd pass on AB unless I was extremely confident he'd come in, put his head down, work hard and drop the diva act. I'm just not sure how anyone could be confident in that. 

If McBeane didn't have confidence in a trade for AB,  Buffalo doesn't show an interest IMO.

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

"The Steelers listed Brown as injured, but who knows if he really was. Tomlin told reporters Wednesday that he sent Brown for an MRI but the receiver never showed. He was MIA on Saturday too and the coach couldn’t get him on the phone for an explanation. When Brown’s agent called Tomlin on Sunday as said AB was indeed healthy enough to play, Tomlin said he told him to forget it.

Brown came to Heinz Field anyway. He spoke to Tomlin, who encouraged him to stick around and support his teammates. The Steelers hadn’t been eliminated from the playoffs at that point, after all. Everything was still on the table, Brown apparently left at halftime. And that was that."

He quit on the team.

I'm confused.  His agent said he was healthy enough to play but Tomlin said he didn't want him to?

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

He quit on the team.

Myself personally , I think AB will be content being JA #1 because I think Allen will develop into a QB that will get him the football.

AB can help , not hurt JA's development in my humble opinion WEO

2 minutes ago, stony said:

I'm confused.  His agent said he was healthy enough to play but Tomlin said he didn't want him to?

Coach sent him for an MRI, guy no showed.  He blew off Saturday meetings/practice before a Sunday game....and the Coach can't get him to answer his phone as to where he is .  Agent calls Coach on SUNDAY (that's game day) and says, "yeah, my guy can go".  Coach says "no he's not gonna play after that BS".  Guy shows up, thinking he would roll his Coach.  No dice...

Just now, Figster said:

Myself personally , I think AB will be content being JA #1 because I think Allen will develop into a QB that will get him the football.

AB can help , not hurt JA's development in my humble opinion WEO

I don't disagree.  My point is the AB cried too hard about the only QB he'll ever have that threw him to so many yards and TDs.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Coach sent him for an MRI, guy no showed.  He blew off Saturday meetings/practice before a Sunday game....and the Coach can't get him to answer his phone as to where he is .  Agent calls Coach on SUNDAY (that's game day) and says, "yeah, my guy can go".  Coach says "no he's not gonna play after that BS".  Guy shows up, thinking he would roll his Coach.  No dice...

I don't disagree.  My point is the AB cried too hard about the only QB he'll ever have that threw him to so many yards and TDs.

Gotcha, thx.

• Like (+1) 1

Niners, Bills and Jets are the three teams.

I bet the Bills are the ones who wanna give up the least amount for Brown.

The Steelers are probably looking to squeeze the other two teams for that 2nd or 3rd overall pick.

Also, the Jets don’t have a 2nd round pick.

I can see this happening............

Steelers get the 3rd overall and a 5th round pick from the Jets. The Jets get Brown, the 20th overall and the Steelers 2nd round pick.

The Steelers usually don’t make these types of trades involving the rearranging of draft picks,  but this is different.

The might also get a player from the Jets in this scenario.

Edited by njbuff

6 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Quit teasing, Yolo. Are we one of them??

Yolo is a tease. I bet he’s been that way since high school! Must have driven the girls CRAZY! 

16 minutes ago, njbuff said:

The Steelers are probably looking to squeeze the other two teams for that 2nd or 3rd overall pick.

Also, the Jets don’t have a 2nd round pick.

I can see this happening............

Steelers get the 3rd overall and a 5th round pick from the Jets. The Jets get Brown, the 20th overall and the Steelers 2nd round pick.

The Steelers usually don’t make these types of trades involving the rearranging of draft picks,  but this is different.

The might also get a player from the Jets in this scenario.

I’ve heard radio guys say with his age and contract, a 4th is reasonable. Top 5 picks for a WR going on 31 at a hefty cost sounds extreme. 

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Do you have a source regarding the three interested teams?

Also, there's a zero.zero percent chance the Steelers are getting the 2nd or 3rd overall pick. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't even be bold enough to ask for that.

Not trying to throw shade, but a top five pick is unrealistic.

6 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Quit teasing, Yolo. Are we one of them??

Colbert says he’s not telling who they are. But they want him to go to NFC. But if they can’t make that happen, looks like Bills are one of the AFC teams they would consider sending him to.

Edited by YoloinOhio