Antonio Brown officially requests trade; expected to be moved by 3/8

YoloinOhio

15 hours ago, BuffAlone said:

Suppose he was just waiting for his legal issues to resolve before stating the obvious. Must be no probation involved so he can move freely lol

Not to mention on the wrong side of 30 and big contract owed. Although, Steelers would eat most of that in dead cap.....

The problem in Pittsburgh is not Brown or Bell.  Olineman or any teammate for that matter doesnt run their mouth when it comes to the business side of things, thats a big NoNo in the NFL.  The starting QB doesnt through the star WR under the bus to the media.

The Bills would be crazy to at least not try to trade for a talent like this.  Players of his calibre aren't available to be traded for often.  I'm not worried about his age.  TO and Randy Moss were in peak form at 31 and 32.  He's remained relatively healthy and insanely productive.  If he has his head on straight he could make a run at Jerry Rice's records. 

I am worried that we trade for him and he doesn't want to be here so he tries and force a trade elsewhere (or becomes a locker room cancer).  If McDermott is considering this he better get the record straight about the dysfunction in Pittsburgh as AB hasn't even been a problem for the most part until this past season.  If he just felt disrespected in Pittsburgh, Beane should promise him there's no chance in hell he'll be taken for granted here.

2 hours ago, Bills2ref said:

Im the opposite. Bell is free, Brown would cost an asset. I would take Bell and stay far away from Brown. 

Both are elite players but I agree Bell is the better fit for us. The draft is a crap shoot, proven elite talent is out there in FA or through trade and we need at least 1 of them.  I am hoping we sigh Bell, Adam Humphries,  Donte Moncrief, Maxx Williams, Trent Brown and Matt Paradis in FA. 

20 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I mean I generally agree.  It is worth noting how receivers noting how receiver fall off after leaving Pittsburgh (Santanio, Mike Wallace, Burress).  Big Ben isn’t the best qb but he blows up wrs.

Eh, Burress was great briefly after Pittsburgh.. had his best performances as a #1 WR Giant, before shooting himself in the leg. Emmanuel Sanders needs no quarterback, Mike Wallace was a one trick pony that wasn't all that much better in Pitt than Baltimore by 100 yards to begin with. I don't see a correlation.. Factoring that some guys blow up some years (Orton to Brandon LLoyd?), obviously Big Ben helps to a degree but more than enough of those guys were good in their own right, and the Dolphins signing Wallace for big money tells you everything you need to know about Mike Wallace hitting Free Agency lol: not valued for much by the Steelers, yet another crappy reciever overvalued by the Dolphins.

I would take Brown's 1600 yard seasons and drop it to 1200-1400 on an above average offense elsewhere if you want haha.. Pretty darn good. He's clearly been a monster receiver and the Steelers knew it giving him that money while sloughing away all the guys you just mentioned as having not as much talent as Brown.

21 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

The same day he pleaded guilty to reckless driving 

This is an incredible value for Antonio Brown. The Steelers would be insane to trade him. That salary is minuscule for the production. 

7 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

nope.  too expensive.  better to get two high ceiling offensive linemen now, who will contribute 3 years from now.

Why is he too expensive?  We have more cap room than we will spend, and his actual contract is a bargain for the type of player he is.  So we can get him and those OL too.  

• Like (+1) 1

Cardinals listed as favorites to land Antonio Brown

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 15, 2019, 5:56 AM EST

Cardinals cornerback Patrick Peterson has been making eyes at Antonio Brown, the wide receiver the Steelers are expected to trade soon. The oddsmakers have noticed.

When one sports books put odds on the team Brown will play for in Week One, the Cardinals were first, at +450 odds.

Other teams listed as potential Brown landing spots were the 49ers and Dolphins at +550, Packers and Colts at +700 and Raiders at +900.

The odds of the Steelers keeping Brown are at +500.

• Like (+1) 1