Reggie Bush on his time with the Bills: Rex’s staff lacked discipline

YoloinOhio

Just now, BuffaloBillies said:

Yeah, there really should have been more accountability.

For starters, they should have released anyone on the team with NEGATIVE yardage on the SEASON.

Reggie got paid $1 Million to go BACKWARDS 3 yards!

$333,333 for each -1 yard.

Yeah, I felt the same way reading this. Reggie really isn’t in position to point fingers, he should have declined comment. 

Rex ran a country club and put in minimal effort. He thought he could just give the players some inspiring speech on Sunday and they would go out and win.

He was the last one in the building every day and the first to leave. He delegated much of his responsibility as a head coach. 

He was a disaster in NY, too. They’re still trying to recover. 

Edited by BillsFan4

Rex was shot from his time with the Jets

He needed to take a year off and recharge but came in here running on fumes and just didn't have the passion for the work

Happens in every profession. I think he truly believed that he was all in but once it was time to grind he didn't have it.

IMO that's why the Pegulas fired him so quickly. His record here was .500 and get didn't even get 2 years.

• Like (+1) 6

I still think Rex should go the Wade Phillips route...

Be a great DC on teams that win and maybe win a Super Bowl ring or two.

I still think he is a great defensive coach. He needs someone else to run the team.

There were some games when he was here that his defense looked totally different... Like Rex actually worked that week.

That's what ticked me off most

Edited by TheFunPolice
God I hate autocorrect....
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

He needed to take a year off and recharge but came in here running on fumes and just didn't have the passion for the work

Happens in every profession. I think he truly believed that he was all in but once it was time to grind he didn't have it.

IMO that's why the Pegulas fired him so quickly. His record here was .500 and get didn't even get 2 years.

I really think the reason he got fired as fast as he did was more due to off the field things going on, i.e. showing up to a press conference wearing a Clemson helmet, having an ex player be the game day captain..  Can't recall other things similar anymore, but there were many.  Those are the types of things regardless of the talent, won't change the person.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

3 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I really think the reason he got fired as fast as he did was more due to off the field things going on, i.e. showing up to a press conference wearing a Clemson helmet, having an ex player be the game day captain..  Can't recall other things similar anymore, but there were many.  Those are the types of things regardless of the talent, won't change the person.

I felt like Whaley got him fired because he sat with Pegula during games and I assume pointing out things like 10 defenders on the field in OT vs Miami for Ajayi to run around 

• Like (+1) 1

I for one am shocked, shocked and shocked I tell you! Or not at all. When your HC strolls the halls of OBD looking like poor man's Clemson long snapper, you could really tell things were on Belichickian style lock down, right?

WATCH: Rex Ryan wearing Clemson helmet at presser | TigerNet

14 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

You picked up on the Clemson thing already too--good call. Although wouldn't have mattered which NCAA school we were talking about, the point is it reeked of un-professionalism on an NFL stage. 

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12

31 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

...he should have been.....bringing his Jets West circus to OBD cost this club two years..............

40 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Rex just didn't want to work - he convinced the Pegulas to let him hire the biggest coaching staff in the league so that he wouldn't have to do the grinding himself.  Should've been obvious at that point.

Exactly he treated it like a 9-5 job. Then with his job on the line he hands over the defense to his brother. He will never become a head coach in the NFL again.

• Like (+1) 1