Excuse Me! But You STINK!

And get off our plane while you're at it too!

https://abc7.com/travel/family-kicked-off-flight-after-complaints-about-body-odor/5105635/

It gets better:

"We stopped several people in the airport and it's embarrassing, but we asked them 'Do you think we smell because we just got kicked off a plane for smelling?' People told us we didn't smell," Jennie said."

What the heck is wrong with people.  Can't even be shamed.  They just had to ask somebody!  LMAO...

Let the debate rage!

6 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

There's no debate:  those people have stinky hippies written all over them.

No way that woman took a shower that morning with that rag on her head.  And I bet they're never in a rush to change the baby's diapers.

@Gugny says we need a "hippy revival" in this country!

I am starting to rethink I ever agreed with with him.  

?

• Haha (+1) 1

I changed planes in St Louis onetime, 55 of the fattest people I have ever seen got on the plane at once. I immediately feared for my life, I wondered aloud if we would survive this journey. The guy across the aisle shared my fear and let me know he was along for the ride. 

6 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

@Gugny says we need a "hippy revival" in this country!

I am starting to rethink I ever agreed with with him.  

?

Why Why did you agree with with him?????

• Haha (+1) 2

There are those out there that won’t wear “traditional” deodorant due to potentially harmful chemicals such as aluminum chlorohydrate.  Like Tom’s all natural deodorant.  I have a friend like this, and he is far from being a hippie.  Just kind of a health nut.

Anyway, in October this friend rode along with my wife and I to a wedding in DC.  Especially on the way home, the deodorant just didn’t work, and my car smelled like BO.  The smell took about a week to go away completely.  It was disgusting.  

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Used to give our 777 from Delhi to Chicago a "special" aerosol treatment after passengers got off. 

I don't want to even imagine. Is it possible to ask for a special solo drop of an oxygen mask along the way to help out?

3 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

There are those out there that won’t wear “traditional” deodorant due to potentially harmful chemicals such as aluminum chlorohydrate.  Like Tom’s all natural deodorant.  I have a friend like this, and he is far from being a hippie.  Just kind of a health nut.

Anyway, in October this friend rode along with my wife and I to a wedding in DC.  Especially on the way home, the deodorant just didn’t work, and my car smelled like BO.  The smell took about a week to go away completely.  It was disgusting.  

I sometimes get underarm rashes from the aluminum derivatives in anti-perspirants, but regular deo usually is fine--the only difference is that it doesn't stay as dry as an anti-perspirant would. A deodorant of any kind definitely always needs a masking fragrance scent, otherwise I'd be more like your friend, and no one wants that around :) .

4 hours ago, Turk71 said:

I changed planes in St Louis onetime, 55 of the fattest people I have ever seen got on the plane at once. I immediately feared for my life, I wondered aloud if we would survive this journey. The guy across the aisle shared my fear and let me know he was along for the ride. 

Why Why did you agree with with him?????

Ha!

We need more peace, love, and understanding!  Just not anymore cashes or the whole plane puking.

3 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

The family voted 3-1 to name our dog Bailey. The wife exercised her veto power I was unaware she had. When she was a kid a little redheaded girl named Bailey vomited in her mom’s car. They could NOT get the smell out, and ended up trading it in.  

3 hours ago, Foxx said:

any bets on whether or not they smelled like Asian Carp?

I didn't think it was possible, that American Airlines was wrong.

Any bets that you're being anti-Semitic?

Gefilte fish is made from Asian carp.

Maybe the guy was right and they kicked them off for other reasons which would be truly sad.  But, who knows with people like you sitting next to them.

/smh

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I didn't think it was possible, that American Airlines was wrong.

Any bets that you're being anti-Semitic?

Gefilte fish is made from Asian carp.

Maybe the guy was right and they kicked them off for other reasons which would be truly sad.  But, who knows with people like you sitting next to them.

/smh

i'm not the guy trying to keep the Asian Carp out of the Great Lakes, yet i'm the racist. mkay.  may i suggest you smell your own armpits before you begin casting aspersions.

Edited by Foxx
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Interesting.

Men weren't marketed deodorant until around the 1930s.  Women and decade earlier. People didn't take showers every day.  And they worked.  Heck my father's family didnt have indoor plumbing until the time he went into the Army.  LoL... 

What the hell did people do prior?  There were surely long train rides.

Granted, I am not going all hippy... But society is really sensitive.  And, they have been marketed these sensitivities.

Maybe this is a little extreme... That Napolean Dude is pretty well studied when talking about this subject...  The Euro thang about stank!  LoL...

https://www.historicmysteries.com/sexiness-stink-attraction-to-body-odor/

"Imagine getting a text message from your significant other which specifically asks that you avoid a bath until your partner returns home from a business trip. Would you be mortified by the clear implications of such a request? Long before the advent of the mobile phone, it is believed that Napoleon Bonaparte made precisely the same demand of his wife, Joséphine. It would appear that the Little General had a peculiar sexual attraction to body odor."