Excuse Me! But You STINK!

Just now, Foxx said:

i'm not the guy trying to keep the Asian Carp out of the Great Lakes, yet i'm the racist. mkay.  may i suggest you smell your own armpits before you begin casting aspersions.

If you read what I write... Know what I do, I am not the guy trying to keep the Asian carp out of the Great Lakes.  Actually, I help them.  I think it's one big gov't boondoggle (a... Ahem, like The Wall)...

28 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Good to know! One of those pesky facts not disclosed during the safety speech monologues performed at the beginning of each flight. 

Not important that you know, and would only lead to unnecessary stress.

If the masks drop, there are warning horns that go off in the cockpit, along with messages.

Actually, the warnings start well before the cabin reaches the altitude for the masks to auto deploy.

Anyway, getting to a habitable altitude where you don't need the masks is easily done in the time O2 is available, and is practiced at every recurrent training process, as well as being one of about five events that require memorization of the procedures.

• Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

Well, at least when I see you it's December @ Hammers so the cold really knocks it down.........

Thank God for the cold!

Just imagine the smell when people get home from the stadium and start peeling off all those layers.... The Carhartt's, etc... LoL... 

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

15 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Thank Gob for the cold!

Just imagine the smell when people get home from the stadium and start peeling off all those layers.... The Carhartt's, etc... LoL... 

I hand-washed my jersey and ugly sweater in the tub with Woolite after the tailgate........I smelled like a campfire.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

I hand-washed my jersey and ugly sweater in the tub with Woolite after the tailgate........I smelled like a campfire.

Not getting kinky here... And don't you dare spread my family secrets (well I guess this is a public forum)... ? But, my wife loves the smell of a campfire.  LMAO... Oh, those times coming home after a weekend campout... ?

And what really freaked me out... The smell of diesel too... Those long nights pushing snow on a diesel tractor... LMAO... WTF!  Yet, a little BO and I am in the the dog house.

People are weird... Noses even weirder! 

Now... 2019, I am surrounded by diffusers and essential oils!

?

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

If you read what I write... Know what I do, I am not the guy trying to keep the Asian carp out of the Great Lakes.  Actually, I help them.  I think it's one big gov't boondoggle (a... Ahem, like The Wall)...

cripes, Francis. lighten up and recognize a joke when you see one.

15 minutes ago, Foxx said:

cripes, Francis. lighten up and recognize a joke when you see one.

Sorry.  I wasn't sure you knew my position OR the tie into the story.  

Again... Sorry.  Yet, be very careful.  You see how this stinky family complained and is turning it into an anti-Semetic argument against American Airlines.  Asian carp, as much as a joke, are the world's (outside of N.America) most eaten fish and main ingredient (pike, carp, etc...) in gefilte fish.  Anything can be turned into an identity, victimhood argument.  Anyway, I am not sure you knew.

6 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Sorry.  I wasn't sure you knew my position OR the tie into the story.  

Again... Sorry.  Yet, be very careful.  You see how this stinky family complained and is turning it into an anti-Semetic argument against American Airlines.  Asian carp, as much as a joke, are the world's (outside of N.America) most eaten fish and main ingredient (pike, carp, etc...) in gefilte fish.  Anything can be turned into an identity, victimhood argument.  Anyway, I am not sure you knew.

:sigh: sure thing, Francis.

• Like (+1) 1

Wow, read this, double whammy.  Yeah maybe they did smell and American wasn't anti-Semitic, but afterwards they were and smelled like Asian carp like @Foxx alluded to in their culturally charged statement towards Jews. 

Anyway... Oh my, people have every angle covered:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/transportation/2019/01/25/jewish-family-was-booted-flight-over-body-odor-says-anti-semitism-is-blame/

“Obviously, there was a reason,” Adler, who is Jewish, said in a phone interview Friday with The Washington Post. “But I think it was an anti-Semitic reason."

“Even if it wasn’t,” he added, “they were anti-Semitic afterward.”

Yet, now the airlines did this, without giving them their luggage back right away:

"Our team members took care of the family and provided hotel accommodations and meals, and rebooked them on a flight to Detroit Thursday morning.”"

And said this:

"At one point, after Adler asked airline workers for an explanation for the removal, one of them asked him, “You told me for religious reasons you don’t shower?”"

“I shower every day!” Adler quickly responded. “I said you kicked me off because of religious reasons.”

Did they smell for the second flight after obviously wearing the same clothes?

??

Which... The family addresses here:

"In any case, Adler said, had the airline been that concerned about his body odor, it should have given him clean clothes to wear. Instead, he said, he had to wear the same clothes on the flight the next morning because he did not have his belongings."

Same stanky clothes, even with a shower, must still smell pretty bad.  I guess they didn't mind on the morning flight... The other passengers that is. ??

22 minutes ago, Foxx said:

^^^^^warning: SJW alert ^^^^^

The last bastion of the Deplorable.  ^^^ That and pretending to bring levity to the debate.  You're the one that took it personal first with the Asian carp dig. You sure you weren't on that plane from Miami?

Maybe it was something they ate?  Garlic in their diet? You were on to something with the fish.   But, now... It didn't affect their morning flight with the same clothes on.  Something doesn't add up on both sides.

I am not sure what to believe with this story.  Were the other passengers on the first flight being overly sensitive to smell?  Yet, like one comment from that WaPo article mentioned, situations like this are worse when people "cologne dump" because others have "allegies."

Wow... Screwy world we live in.  Can't please the noses of everybody.

It not simply pleasing the noses of everybody.

There are lots of reasons for removing somebody, and when a number of other other passengers complain about body odor, obscene language from the mouth or on clothing, obvious illness or a host of other things, they can be removed.

Never a good idea to take a passenger problem into the air. Never ends well.

Clearly they didn't smell as bad the next morning, so off they went.

Anti Semitism is a ridiculous charge, though religious customs that result in really strange situations also can and have caused problems.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, sherpa said:

It not simply pleasing the noses of everybody.

There are lots of reasons for removing somebody, and when a number of other other passengers complain about body odor, obscene language from the mouth or on clothing, obvious illness or a host of other things, they can be removed.

Never a good idea to take a passenger problem into the air. Never ends well.

Clearly they didn't smell as bad the next morning, so off they went.

Anti Semitism is a ridiculous charge, though religious customs that result in really strange situations also can and have caused problems.

Why not get their luggage off, car seat, stroller?

Obviously the passengers complained.  The passengers either deal with it or wait for the stuff to come off the plane.

What's stopping people from complaining to just complain?  It only takes one loud mouth.

It wasn't a problem in the morning?  Probably worse with the same smelly clothes.  Maybe this was a packed plane & people didn't want to sit next to a baby?

Getting baggage off the airplane isn't as easy as people think. It can take a long time and the ramp crew may not have even known about it, and there are a host of other issues that may be involved, like the inability of the crew to take a delay for time on duty purposes. 

Lots of other factors.

It takes more than "one loud mouth." If there's "one loud mouth" only, he/she would be given the option to leave. I guarantee you a member of the cabin crew judged it as a problem as well.

You are guessing what they might have smelled like in the morning. I'm certain they did something in the hotel that the airline paid for to adjust the issue.

38 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Getting baggage off the airplane isn't as easy as people think. It can take a long time and the ramp crew may not have even known about it, and there are a host of other issues that may be involved, like the inability of the crew to take a delay for time on duty purposes. 

Lots of other factors.

It takes more than "one loud mouth." If there's "one loud mouth" only, he/she would be given the option to leave. I guarantee you a member of the cabin crew judged it as a problem as well.

You are guessing what they might have smelled like in the morning. I'm certain they did something in the hotel that the airline paid for to adjust the issue.

American will end up paying for not letting expeditious take a "hit"... And every passenger will incur the cost.

I know it's hard to remove the luggage. That's why I said it.  Living without your stuff already knee deep in stank isn't easy either. Obviously, the smell wasn't a problem the next day even with the smelly clothes...

The passengers have a choice.  Deal with it or wait.  In the end, the airlines will pass the cost on to all passengers.

They will settle for big bucks now because they can't wait.  That cost is passed on.  Either your time or your money.

They gave vouchers for food... What the hell is a voucher?  Is that like cash. You really think they gave them cash to go shopping @ TJ Maxx?  LoL... I wonder what these "vouchers" looked like?

Maybe they did smell... But do the job right.  Now, everybody waits.

Like from the ATC training manual with regard to the Gubermint Shutdown:

"...When Klontz was a supervisor at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, he said if there were too many people out sick, they would adjust the rate of departures to make the workload more manageable.

"'Safe, orderly and expeditious,' that’s what it says in our initial training order," said Klontz. "'Safe' is always going to be first, 'orderly' is going to be second, but 'expeditious' may take a hit."..."