Excuse Me! But You STINK!

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

American will end up paying for not letting expeditious take a "hit"... And every passenger will incur the cost.

I know it's hard to remove the luggage. That's why I said it.  Living without your stuff already knee deep in stank isn't easy either. Obviously, the smell wasn't a problem the next day even with the smelly clothes...

The passengers have a choice.  Deal with it or wait.  In the end, the airlines will pass the cost on to all passengers.

They will settle for big bucks now because they can't wait.  That cost is passed on.  Either your time or your money.

They gave vouchers for food... What the hell is a voucher?  Is that like cash. You really think they gave them cash to go shopping @ TJ Maxx?  LoL... I wonder what these "vouchers" looked like?

Maybe they did smell... But do the job right.  Now, everybody waits.

Like from the ATC training manual with regard to the Gubermint Shutdown:

"...When Klontz was a supervisor at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, he said if there were too many people out sick, they would adjust the rate of departures to make the workload more manageable.

"'Safe, orderly and expeditious,' that’s what it says in our initial training order," said Klontz. "'Safe' is always going to be first, 'orderly' is going to be second, but 'expeditious' may take a hit."..."

I don't understand what some your post is about. You seemed to have included an ATC issue brought about by the gov shutdown into a smelly passenger situation.

The two are not remotely related.

A "voucher" is a restaurant credit. The airline paid for their hotel, and without transportation, bought them a meal or two without forcing them to find transportation.

The rest of your post indicates you know very little about these situations, and how they are best handled. 

People who do this know what they are doing.

You don't.

You don't know what is possible if you decide to take a passenger issue into the air, which may not have even been possible, and potentially deal with a divert and a host of other problems, including 180 hotel rooms, 180 meal vouchers, flying a new crew somewhere and delaying everybody for half a day, and disrupting the airplanes planned routing, which is a very big deal.

What you have done is take one third of an issue and draw conclusions as if you have seen three different viewpoints, or you have any idea what you're talking about.

You don't.

I don't mean to be disrespectful, but there is a whole lot about this kind of thing you have no idea about.

3 minutes ago, sherpa said:

I don't understand what some your post is about. You seemed to have included an ATC issue brought about by the gov shutdown into a smelly passenger situation.

The two are not remotely related.

A "voucher" is a restaurant credit. The airline paid for their hotel, and without transportation, bought them a meal or two without forcing them to find transportation.

The rest of your post indicates you know very little about these situations, and how they are best handled. 

People who do this know what they are doing.

You don't.

You don't know what is possible if you decide to take a passenger issue into the air, which may not have even been possible, and potentially deal with a divert and a host of other problems, including 180 hotel rooms, 180 meal vouchers, flying a new crew somewhere and delaying everybody for half a day, and disrupting the airplanes planned routing, which is a very big deal.

What you have done is take one third of an issue and draw conclusions as if you have seen three different viewpoints, or you have any idea what you're talking about.

You don't.

I don't mean to be disrespectful, but there is a whole lot about this kind of thing you have no idea about.

I don't think they do know what they are doing.  Being expeditious and getting the plane off in time should take a hit.  It's only smell... What did people do on trains 80 years ago before deodorant?

Boo hoo... They want to complain... At least show some compassion and get their ***** off the plane.

Sounds like one noisey passenger.  

1 hour ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Beware of people who like to take their shoes off on a plane.  Usually it's too late or not possible to get away from that.

My wife was on a Greyhound Bus 30 years ago... Going south on I-57 from Chicago in blizzard.  A dude speaking Spanish starts having a panic attack... Wants to get out in middle if blizzard, white-out.  Bus driver calms him down... Guess who the man sits next to?  You guessed it, my wife... Then he starts taking off his shoes to clean them.  My wife she said just pressed herself against window and prayed getting to Champaign, IL in one piece!!! 

LoL...

8 minutes ago, Foxx said:

whole buncha thread fail by the OP.

Not really.  Just a funny story.

They should have kicked them off, but to keep everyone "honest"... Make them all wait... Get their stuff off.

It would stop this: "Ooo you're stinky BS" and leave it for the truly disruptive.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

21 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I don't think they do know what they are doing.  Being expeditious and getting the plane off in time should take a hit.  It's only smell... What did people do on trains 80 years ago before deodorant?

Boo hoo... They want to complain... At least show some compassion and get their ***** off the plane.

Sounds like one noisey passenger.  

You have an undeserved view of your opinion.

When a passenger disturbance occurs on the ground, it needs to be resolved before taking it into the air because it never gets better, and ends up taking the entire cabin crew or a divert to stop it.

I guarantee you it was more than one individual who was complaining about this issue, and unwilling to sit next to them.

I did this for 32 years, and you have absolutely no idea of what can happen.

Been there.

You should offer your services for conflict mitigation.

I'm certain there would be takers.

Good God, you have no idea.

15 minutes ago, sherpa said:

You have an undeserved view of your opinion.

When a passenger disturbance occurs on the ground, it needs to be resolved before taking it into the air because it never gets better, and ends up taking the entire cabin crew or a divert to stop it.

I guarantee you it was more than one individual who was complaining about this issue, and unwilling to sit next to them.

I did this for 32 years, and you have absolutely no idea of what can happen.

Been there.

You should offer your services for conflict mitigation.

I'm certain there would be takers.

Good God, you have no idea.

I get it. I am not saying take off.  Safety, order, expeditious.  Guess what takes the hit first.

People complaining about smell will just abuse it more.  They think it's really bad, let them wait.  Do the job right, get their stuff off. 

Of course... But who's to say the other passengers didn't start it... And get everybody worked up, including the crew.

...Now anybody can toss accusations around get somebody tossed, close the door and still be on schedule.

Just be careful if someone comes for you.  But you are big shot pilot... You'll pull professional courtesy of course.  Different for the plebs you serve.

All I am saying is show some empathy, compassion. Get their stuff off.  You don't wipe your azz halfway.

They weren't a problem in morning with same smelly clothes...

If that was me... I would came on flight in morning reeking to high heaven.

Baby... Forget about the diaper.  Speaking of that, who bought the extra diapers.  Those things are outrageous!

On 1/25/2019 at 9:34 AM, Augie said:

The family voted 3-1 to name our dog Bailey. The wife exercised her veto power I was unaware she had. When she was a kid a little redheaded girl named Bailey vomited in her mom’s car. They could NOT get the smell out, and ended up trading it in.  

How could you possibly be unaware the wife holds veto power....in all situations?

?

39 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I get it. I am not saying take off.  Safety, order, expeditious.  Guess what takes the hit first.

People complaining about smell will just abuse it more.  They think it's really bad, let them wait.  Do the job right, get their stuff off. 

Of course... But who's to say the other passengers didn't start it... And get everybody worked up, including the crew.

...Now anybody can toss accusations around get somebody tossed, close the door and still be on schedule.

Just be careful if someone comes for you.  But you are big shot pilot... You'll pull professional courtesy of course.  Different for the plebs you serve.

All I am saying is show some empathy, compassion. Get their stuff off.  You don't wipe your azz halfway.

Baby... Forget about the diaper.  Speaking of that, who bought the extra diapers.  Those things are outrageous!

Ya.

You'd show 'em. Show up worse the next day. That would work.

Either way, this kind of thing happens, and it was handled in the best interest of everyone.

You should be a consultant.

Edited by sherpa

45 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

doubling down on the thread fail i see. congrats.

35 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Ya.

You'd show 'em. Show up worse the next day. That would work.

Either way, this kind of thing happens, and it was handled in the best interest of everyone.

You should be a consultant.

Well... If I did show up worse... It would be kind of their fault, they got all my stuff.  I ain't no beauty queen and can work wonders with the same smelly clothes. What's a shower going to do?

Now, fair enough.  I get with "the thinking for the group" mentality.  We are a very individualistic society.

32 minutes ago, Foxx said:

doubling down on the thread fail i see. congrats.

No double down.  Next thing that will happen, somebody will get removed for wearing too much cologne, fragrance...

These are people's lives they are effing with.  Have some empathy.

When we liven in Alaska we would fly back to NY about twice per year.  It was typically anywhere between 18-25 hours of total travel time including flights and layovers.  Was especially hard the first year when my son was less than a year old.  I recall smelling really bad of BO when we finally arrived in Syracuse.  I’m surprised I never got kicked off an airplane...lol.

Here's a thought.  Maybe there was no air marshall on that plane.  Could they have got one on the plane next morning... Say someone was freaked out by the religion thing... Made the whole story up.

If a lawyer gets involved, can they get the manifests for both flights... See who was on it?  Interview people, get them to testify?

I think American hushes this up and pays them if they start pushing with an attorney.

I am sure the ADL is already on it.

8 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

When we liven in Alaska we would fly back to NY about twice per year.  It was typically anywhere between 18-25 hours of total travel time including flights and layovers.  Was especially hard the first year when my son was less than a year old.  I recall smelling really bad of BO when we finally arrived in Syracuse.  I’m surprised I never got kicked off an airplane...lol.

I changed my son's diaper on the floor by the bulkhead @ 35,000 feet.  Yet this was 2000.  Now... LoL... I wouldn't dare.

33 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Here's a thought.  Maybe there was no air marshall on that plane.  Could they have got one on the plane next morning... Say someone was freaked out by the religion thing... Made the whole story up.

If a lawyer gets involved, can they get the manifests for both flights... See who was on it?  Interview people, get them to testify?

I think American hushes this up and pays them if they start pushing with an attorney.

I am sure the ADL is already on it.

I changed my son's diaper on the floor by the bulkhead @ 35,000 feet.  Yet this was 2000.  Now... LoL... I wouldn't dare.

I started this day guessing you were sane, just uniformed.

Now, that has changed.

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

An air marshall would never get involved in something like this.

Your entire input in this is ignorant.

I started this day guessing you were sane, just uniformed.

Now, that has changed.

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

An air marshall would never get involved in something like this.

Your entire input in this is ignorant.

I don't know.  Of course you do.  Like I am suppose to believe some arrogant schlep on the internet.

Thanks... LoL... 

You deny they will get a lawyer involved and there will be a settlement or push on with discovery?

These are people's lives the airlines are effing with.  I know, it's all in the name of safety and thinking of the group first.

Maybe they did smell.  Maybe they didn't... Like you know.  Just kick them off the plane and do your damn job and get my stuff... Or pay me for all new stuff.  People wait on the tarmac for 4,6,8,12 hours and can't leave... We've all heard the horror stories.  I don't think it would take that long.  

They want to be the heavy over someone's sense of smell then get lazy after they lay down the law. Again, what's next?  Getting booted for a "cologne dump" because the person is on pins and needles that traveling makes them smell.  Sorry... Not every pleb out there is privileged with a pass to the Admiral's Lounge.  People travel, they smell.  Look at the story Johnny told above.

There's gotta be more to this story.  

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

How could you possibly be unaware the wife holds veto power....in all situations?

?

But the dog was MY birthday present.....and of course you are correct. It’s also how I wound up in Atlanta....

13 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I don't know.  Of course you do.  Like I am suppose to believe some arrogant schlep on the internet.

Thanks... LoL... 

You deny they will get a lawyer involved and there will be a settlement or push on with discovery?

These are people's lives the airlines are effing with.  I know, it's all in the name of safety and thinking of the group first.

Maybe they did smell.  Maybe they didn't... Like you know.  Just kick them off the plane and do your damn job and get my stuff... Or pay me for all new stuff.  People wait on the tarmac for 4,6,8,12 hours and can't leave... We've all heard the horror stories.  I don't think it would take that long.  

They want to be the heavy over someone's sense of smell then get lazy after they lay down the law. Again, what's next?  Getting booted for a "cologne dump" because the person is on pins and needles that traveling makes them smell.  Sorry... Not every pleb out there is privileged with a pass to the Admiral's Lounge.  People travel, they smell.  Look at the story Johnny told above.

There's gotta be more to this story.  

Just stop.

You are in over your head.

Just stop.

You are in over your head.

In this day and age?  Sneaky is better than a viral post on the internet.  Get them off the plane, lie, cheat, steal... Get them to neutral turf where they don't hold an advantage.  Yeah... I don't know what I am talking about.

No.  No I am not in over my head.  Like I am suppose to believe you?  Maybe you get your kicks treating people like dirt.  That ain't right.

"Gee, Mr & Mrs. Such and Such... Come with us off the plane."

[Once off the plane]: "You smell, BYE!"

[DOOR SLAMS!]

"Hey wait, can we have our stuff?"

"You can pick it up in Detroit, bye, take one for the team!  Remember the group! Safety first... Ohh and take a shower @ the Airport Marriott!"

Great business model you are running there Cappy Sherpa.

Who knows what is really going on?  Sh*t hits fan when they bump people to move crew. Who's going to tell truth now.  Go underground.  Lie.

Face it, the industry sucks nuts... Put everybody in a hermetically sealed pod and fly them on a drone beam, that's what we are getting too.

?