Excuse Me! But You STINK!

On 1/25/2019 at 8:43 AM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

There are those out there that won’t wear “traditional” deodorant due to potentially harmful chemicals such as aluminum chlorohydrate.  Like Tom’s all natural deodorant.  I have a friend like this, and he is far from being a hippie.  Just kind of a health nut.

Anyway, in October this friend rode along with my wife and I to a wedding in DC.  Especially on the way home, the deodorant just didn’t work, and my car smelled like BO.  The smell took about a week to go away completely.  It was disgusting.  

People who stink never realize they stink...........they become nose blind to it.

You just needed to live in close quarters with the friend for a few more days and you'd have been fine with it..............unless the friend was amish.........that might take a bit longer.

On 1/24/2019 at 11:31 PM, ExiledInIllinois said:

And get off our plane while you're at it too!

https://abc7.com/travel/family-kicked-off-flight-after-complaints-about-body-odor/5105635/

It gets better:

"We stopped several people in the airport and it's embarrassing, but we asked them 'Do you think we smell because we just got kicked off a plane for smelling?' People told us we didn't smell," Jennie said."

What the heck is wrong with people.  Can't even be shamed.  They just had to ask somebody!  LMAO...

Let the debate rage!

Um, the stopping people for a "sniff test" happened the day after they were deplaned

They had spent the night in a hotel and (presumably) showered, maybe bought new threads.

• Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Um, the stopping people for a "sniff test" happened the day after they were deplaned

They had spent the night in a hotel and (presumably) showered, maybe bought new threads.

??

Where did you read that @? The way it is written in the https://abc7.com link it (sniff testers) appears to have happened right after they deplaned. And... Did they get new threads?  Who drove them to store?  Baby without a carseat??

ALSO:

Your link in "Boulder Thread"  (locked) works.  You just have to copy-n-paste it into the URL box.  It is not actively hyperlinking.  Probably the way it is set up. FWIW.

Just like the employees @ American Airlines, not doing their job, laying down the Stink Law. People just not creative, always want the easy way out.

https://guacamoley.com/lol/2019/01/25/geologist-gets-the-ultimate-revenge-on-her-drunken-neighbors-after-they-block-her-car-in-with-a-giant-boulder/?utm_content=inf_10_3742_2&utm_campaign=GTAK&tse_id=INF_4be7f12020d711e9b433ab68d22425b2

Just copy-n-paste that. There is probably something in that URL???

EDIT:  Your link works, it's going hyper for this post.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

On 1/25/2019 at 12:34 PM, Augie said:

The family voted 3-1 to name our dog Bailey. The wife exercised her veto power I was unaware she had. When she was a kid a little redheaded girl named Bailey vomited in her mom’s car. They could NOT get the smell out, and ended up trading it in.  

Yeah my brother spilled milk in a car we had and it soured.  The smell never left.

54 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Is it bad that they look like they would stink?

Depends.  How does a "look" smell?  What would lead you to believe they smell just by their "look."

Did the passengers and crew feel the same way... And why?  

10 Anti-Semitic Myths:

https://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/2617031/jewish/10-Anti-Semitic-Myths.htm

#3/10: "The Jewish Smell

Since the Jews were associated so closely with the devil, they were believed to share his characteristics, notably his smell of sulfur. If Jews did not smell of it, Christians claimed they used Christians’ blood to rid themselves of it. Indeed, the belief about a unique Jewish odor was so powerful that it not only persisted throughout the ages, but also became the object of study by Nazi scientists."

Diet? Maybe the other posters that tried to derail this thread were right about smelling like gefilte/Asian carp:

"Asparagus and other foods

Asparagus is notorious for making urine smell like sulfur after you eat it. This is because our bodies convert the asparagusic acid it contains into sulfur-containing chemicals. These chemicals leave the body through urine, causing the distinct sulfur smell.

Eating large amounts of onions or garlic can also cause this odor.

What you can do

Avoiding these foods is the only way to keep the odor from occurring. However, you can reduce the odor’s severity by drinking plenty of water before and during meals that include these foods. This can dilute the chemicals in the urine and prevent or reduce the sulfur smell..."

https://jewishtimes.com/67293/you-should-know-39/arts_life/

2 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

??

Where did you read that @? The way it is written in the https://abc7.com link it (sniff testers) appears to have happened right after they deplaned. And... Did they get new threads?  Who drove them to store?  Baby without a carseat??

‘I can’t find the link I interpreted that way...the abc link that comes up for me is a bit ambiguous.

But, I found a link in an Israeli paper where the woman explicitly says they asked while leaving. So it appears I was wrong.

New threads and clean clothes are both possible to achieve in a hotel while traveling with a child.  Taxis are exempt from requiring car seats and Uber provides a vehicle with a car seat upon request.  Etcetc.

Guy on my apartment floor reeks, he is a hipster who refuses to practice hygiene

can still smell his BO minutes after he has been waiting for the elevator and on the elevator if it is the same one

I mean really... Woman were marketed deodorant in the 1910s/20s... Men late 1930s... What did people do, the masses, prior?  They stunk.  We are so over sensitive... Granted, yeah... Don't stink!  Come on, sit next to a Dude who just cologne dumped... People piss and moan about that.

People travel, they smell.  Especially toting around a kid, rushing to gate.  People are so unreasonable and over sensitized now.  Deal with it or fly 1st Class, avoid the hoi polloi in steerage.

I mean really.  Trick them off the plane and take off with all their crap.  Now they have to use the airline to leave.  Sure Detroit is far from Miami.  If they were closer, could have just said ***** it and rented a car.

Airlines are getting to be scumbag operations... Think with automation, etc... Cramming people in, prices would go down... Nope... They still treat you like *****.

Sure complain.  Now everybody waits.  Think long and hard before giving into what you deem unbearable.  Again, what did earlier generations do about odor?  Oh, just had to be awful on that plane... Everyone was ready to puke?... /rolling_my_eyes.  I get the crew didn't want safety issues, so they caved to the chronic complainers out there. Gave in and still rewarded them by being on time and screwing the accused.

There is more to this.  I bet the airlines is lying.  Probably bumped them and tricked them.  What do I know about Fake News®. 

That's my take... And I am sticking with it.  They will settle, be made whole.

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

‘I can’t find the link I interpreted that way...the abc link that comes up for me is a bit ambiguous.

But, I found a link in an Israeli paper where the woman explicitly says they asked while leaving. So it appears I was wrong.

New threads and clean clothes are both possible to achieve in a hotel while traveling with a child.  Taxis are exempt from requiring car seats and Uber provides a vehicle with a car seat upon request.  Etcetc.

Yeah... Still a burden.  No way I Uber with a kid.  People are idiots with car seats... No way I trust an Uber Driver's car.  Taxi... Shaking my head too.  Put the responsibility squarely on me.  I bend the rules, gonna be with me behind the wheel.

https://nowthisnews.com/videos/news/minnesota-toddler-strapped-in-car-seat-falls-out-of-moving-car

car-seat-street1-ht-ml-190115_hpMain_16x

3 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

There is more to this.  I bet the airlines is lying.  Probably bumped them and tricked them.  What do I know about Fake News®. 

That's my take... And I am sticking with it.  They will settle, be made whole.

:lol:

2 hours ago, sherpa said:

Why do you laugh... Laugh all you want.  Like you know that your industry is so honest.  Now that's laughable..  Like you can speak for American?

You think they would want a viral confrontation with a seated passenger?  It's plausible.

Move the other person(s) onto the plane.  Then trick the other person(s) off.  Shut the door and throw other passengers under bus, claiming they complained.

It bumps the person you want bumped, moves your personal who you want moved AND it avoids a viral, in-seat confrontation. Pick the family... Ones with a kid sitting on a lap.  Less risk of it blowing up in your face at the seat.

I wouldn't put it past them.  I can't say I blame the airlines.  The people fall for the olfactory ruse and are shamed, great!... What's the odds they actually sue and if they do, settle before discovery... Before the plaintiffs get a hold of the manifests/who was on the plane. For now, they moved their precious employee, person, whomever and didn't have it go viral with an in-seat confrontation and got off cheap stiffing a family... A few cheap food vouchers, hotel, and flight on non-full morning departure... Better than not having personnel where they should be? Think of the group, the cogs in the machine.

It was the last flight out.  The aggrieved did catch the morning flight. Hmmmmm....

Hey... It's your scuzzy industry, why wouldn't you put it past them? It's very plausible.  We all saw Delta dragging a man off because they played it wrong.

Rule of thumb... Have them explain right then and there at the seat why you have to leave. Stay calm.  Hold your ground like Covington Catholic Kid did with Old Indian Drum Dude. In this case, "smelly" family thought there was a family emergency.  Ooops, they played it wrong.

So laugh all you want.  That's all you got.

You are quite the keyboard fantasizer.

I can guarantee you that your "trick" fantasy is foolish, as is any claim it was a "No Jew Jet."

Do you imagine there might be a pilot's union website for that company that discusses events like these with people who were there?

Hmmmmm.

Knew a guy who stunk, and probably still does. I got tricked into giving him a ride into town for a few weeks. I'd pull up to get him and he had just taken a shower, put on clean clothes, and would stink like you wouldnt believe. To the point where people couldnt ride in cars with him. The smell would linger for the rest of the day and sometimes into the next day just from a 20 minute car ride. A putrid smell of crap mixed with garbage. 

I never had the balls to ask him what was going on with that, but I just stopped talking to him. Nobody's got time for all that. 

12 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Depends.  How does a "look" smell?  What would lead you to believe they smell just by their "look."

Did the passengers and crew feel the same way... And why?  

10 Anti-Semitic Myths:

https://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/2617031/jewish/10-Anti-Semitic-Myths.htm

#3/10: "The Jewish Smell

Since the Jews were associated so closely with the devil, they were believed to share his characteristics, notably his smell of sulfur. If Jews did not smell of it, Christians claimed they used Christians’ blood to rid themselves of it. Indeed, the belief about a unique Jewish odor was so powerful that it not only persisted throughout the ages, but also became the object of study by Nazi scientists."

Diet? Maybe the other posters that tried to derail this thread were right about smelling like gefilte/Asian carp:

"Asparagus and other foods

Asparagus is notorious for making urine smell like sulfur after you eat it. This is because our bodies convert the asparagusic acid it contains into sulfur-containing chemicals. These chemicals leave the body through urine, causing the distinct sulfur smell.

Eating large amounts of onions or garlic can also cause this odor.

What you can do

Avoiding these foods is the only way to keep the odor from occurring. However, you can reduce the odor’s severity by drinking plenty of water before and during meals that include these foods. This can dilute the chemicals in the urine and prevent or reduce the sulfur smell..."

https://jewishtimes.com/67293/you-should-know-39/arts_life/

The second you took it to a jewish-Nazi place you just took it too far.

Ages ago I worked with a guy that had BO.   

A bunch of us were talking and thought if we left deodorant on his desk he’d get the hint.  

The other day a man walks into a kitchen area with an odor.  As he was walking away I saw “crud” all along the back of his legs.   

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

That was a Jewish website (Chabad.org) that took it there.  Not me.

A little scary you noticed that and then went full on Nazi with it.

That is what we know as Godwin's Law

Edited by Boca BIlls

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

That was a Jewish website (Chabad.org) that took it there.  Not me.

ummm.... you took it there when you brought the site here and quoted it.

oye! is the disconnect that strong?