The Media Hypes The Potential Return of Rex Ryan as DC

18 minutes ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

I actually do NOT want this to happen. We need the Chiefs to dethrone the Pats, and not disintegrate, the way the Bills' D did under Rexy.

No, we need the Bills to dethrone the Pats.

• Like (+1) 4

3 hours ago, BringBackFlutie said:

No denying what a brilliant defensive mind he is???  Top 3 to bottom 5?

I also about fell out when I read that nonsense from Stephen A. What a farce of a talking head full of mush.

Rex has a graceful way about him where he makes you laugh all the while he’s stealing your lunch money (to give to Rob who’s still hungry ?)

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Haha (+1) 1

I guess Wrecks wants another chance to coach Reggie Ragland.  

26 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Smart enough to save those OT timeouts. 

Yeah.  I was saying to my wife the Chiefs should call time out before the last few Patriots plays.  Then Romo said it.  My wife was not impressed.

3 hours ago, BringBackFlutie said:

No denying what a brilliant defensive mind he is???  Top 3 to bottom 5?

He wasn't our DC. He was our head coach. And at this point IMHO nobody should look at him as a head coach again.

I think it's fair to say he's a brilliant defensive mind, myself. Feel free to disagree, but I think it's reasonable.

21 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

He wasn't our DC. He was our head coach. And at this point IMHO nobody should look at him as a head coach again.

I think it's fair to say he's a brilliant defensive mind, myself. Feel free to disagree, but I think it's reasonable.

Yes, until he got lazy. If he can regain the work ethic perhaps he can be a good DC again.

I hated the Rex hire from day 1 and am generally not a big fan of his. 

But I will say, being a coordinator for a well established veteran coach like Reid, who has a proven program in place, could at least help limit some of his flaws...

Reid knows how to run a team. I don’t think he would allow Rex to turn it into a country club/circus act. Rex would only have to run the defense, not the whole team. 

I also don’t think Rex would be allowed to fill the staff with a bunch of nepotistic hires like in Buffalo. Sure, maybe they let him bring in a couple guys. But not near the level he could if he was the head coach. 

Rex also wouldn’t be able to just delegate away many of his responsibilities like in Buffalo (where he had A. Lynn taking meeting for him and things like that). 

And he couldn’t get away with being the last guy to work and the first to leave every day (like in Buffalo). Or give players unnecessary days off. 

Reid has spent years building that team, and culture, in KC.

They have a fantastic offense in place. His defense wouldn’t have to carry the team, just compliment the offense. And Bob Sutton ran a somewhat similar scheme to Rex’s. If Rex is ever going to have success again in the NFL, Kansas City seems like a decent bet. Now, whether or not you think he even has the ability to coach a good defense is another story... lol. 

• Like (+1) 1