Trump The Divider

Tiberius

1 hour ago, The_Dude said:

I’m going to custome order a MAGA hat that’s on a confederate flag pattern. I don’t own a confederate flag as I would have fought for the union and the confederates were losers, but oh my god it’ll piss liberals off. 

I have a flag if you wanna borrow it.

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Key sentence in that letter: We should not have allowed ourselves to be bullied and pressured into making a premature statement.

That won't keep people from threatening and bullying others into saying what they want them to say in fear of retribution, but at least they own it. Unlike the media, which simply continues to protect their lies. 

It'll likely take a few years, but I hope that lawyer leaves everyone he sues with nothing but their AP style guide and some typewriter ribbon.

37 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Key sentence in that letter: We should not have allowed ourselves to be bullied and pressured into making a premature statement.

That won't keep people from threatening and bullying others into saying what they want them to say in fear of retribution, but at least they own it. Unlike the media, which simply continues to protect their lies. 

It'll likely take a few years, but I hope that lawyer leaves everyone he sues with nothing but their AP style guide and some typewriter ribbon.

Eh, a libel lawsuit is a hard row to sow against the diocese. They can't prove that the Bishop knew the information was false when the dumbass spoke out of turn, and it's hard to prove that it was reckless, as it was made based on publicized information that hadn't yet been contradicted by the full video being released.

Now, all these media outlets and SJW celebrities who keep trashing and inciting violence against the kids after the full video was released is a different matter.

Edited by Koko78

Bill Maher’s never lacked for chutzpah, given his own smirking *****-eating grin. But once again, somebody who prides himself as being an iconoclast

simply reinforces the establishment left opinion.

• Like (+1) 1

Andrew Sullivan takes on the elite media and its role in the Covington Catholic debacle. His piece is devastating.

"There’s a reason why, in the crucial battle for the legitimacy of a free press, Trump is still on the offensive. Our mainstream press has been poisoned by race and gender tribalism. Covington proved it."

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/01/andrew-sullivan-the-abyss-of-hate-versus-hate.html?utm_source=tw

25-covington-3.w700.h467.jpg

PASSIONS OF THE MOB: 

Jarrett Stepman: The Covington Fiasco Is a Perfect Example of Why the Founders Distrusted Democracy.

14 hours ago, B-Man said:

Bill Maher’s never lacked for chutzpah, given his own smirking *****-eating grin. But once again, somebody who prides himself as being an iconoclast

simply reinforces the establishment left opinion.

I like Bill Maher and still watch his show. But since he's become a Democrat Party back pocket boy, he's becoming PC.

21 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

I hope he sues Chief Spreading Bull and gets his drum and drumstick. 

22 hours ago, Koko78 said:

Eh, a libel lawsuit is a hard row to sow against the diocese. They can't prove that the Bishop knew the information was false when the dumbass spoke out of turn, and it's hard to prove that it was reckless, as it was made based on publicized information that hadn't yet been contradicted by the full video being released.

Now, all these media outlets and SJW celebrities who keep trashing and inciting violence against the kids after the full video was released is a different matter.

Agree, it's mostly just the reality that people are increasingly frail in their willingness to take a stand and simply wait 15 minutes for the facts to be revealed. 

5 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I like Bill Maher and still watch his show. But since he's become a Democrat Party back pocket boy, he's becoming PC.

I don't agree with most of what he says, and personally I just can't stand the shmarmy schtick. Arrogance to excess, and this type of monetized political commentary seems particularly predictable. 

6 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

A no talent hack, I guess someone in his family pulled the strings for this career

28 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Agree, it's mostly just the reality that people are increasingly frail in their willingness to take a stand and simply wait 15 minutes for the facts to be revealed. 

I don't agree with most of what he says, and personally I just can't stand the shmarmy schtick. Arrogance to excess, and this type of monetized political commentary seems particularly predictable. 

Remember when he said he'd like the economy to tank in order to get rid of Trump?

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I loved Politically Incorrect to the extent that I actually went to a taping years ago. He was smart and funny had a great gig going. Then he realized how much money and adoration come from being a far-left sock puppet and he suddenly became the equivalent of Arsenio Hall in a theater filled with people who write for Slate and Vox. 

Edited by LABillzFan
  • Like (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Sorry, Bill Maher will always be the creepy little cab driver from DC Cab to me.

I hated him in an otherwise great movie and my opinion on him hasn’t changed much in 36 years since that movie came out.

There is just simply nothing there, he is a non-entity, he gives nothing at all 

On 1/27/2019 at 3:42 AM, reddogblitz said:

Havent watched in a few years. I like him though. Don’t agree with him on a lot of issues but unlike Hannity he gives people the time to talk and treats them respectfully. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Havent watched in a few years. I like him though. Don’t agree with him on a lot of issues but unlike Hannity he gives people the time to talk and treats them respectfully. 

i've only seen his HBO show a few times, but the episodes I saw were Maher, 3 Leftists, and a token conservative.  I think every once in a while Maher will invite somebody like Ann Coulter that actually fires back but generally his token conservative guests are cannon fodder

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

i've only seen his HBO show a few times, but the episodes I saw were Maher, 3 Leftists, and a token conservative.  I think every once in a while Maher will invite somebody like Ann Coulter that actually fires back but generally his token conservative guests are cannon fodder

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

Well, Ann Coulter and he dated in the 90s, so they go way back. Both provocateurs, always saying whatever they can (is necessary) to push buttons and get in the news. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Well, Ann Coulter and he dated in the 90s, so they go way back. Both provocateurs, always saying whatever they can (is necessary) to push buttons and get in the news. 

I think that Ann Coulter and Ron Silver were together for sometime before he died in 2009.

On 1/27/2019 at 10:00 AM, row_33 said:

A no talent hack, I guess someone in his family pulled the strings for this career

His father was in radio in NYC and according to Don Imus, Billy used to come and hang around the studio and try to nail every young woman he could. Evidently is is well endowed... according to Imus. 

48 minutes ago, Nanker said:

His father was in radio in NYC and according to Don Imus, Billy used to come and hang around the studio and try to nail every young woman he could. Evidently is is well endowed... according to Imus. 

goes with a lower IQ

Victor Davis Hanson sums up what we now know about the Covington Lie, as he terms it.

The entire psychodrama boiled down not to what the facts on the ground showed, but rather who each party was perceived innatelyto be…

Progressives, NeverTrumpers, identity politics activists and associated social justice warriors all rivaled each other to see who might be the first and the most venomous to indict, try, and metaphorically execute the cookie-cutter whites and privileged…

The key in these Internet lynchings is to get in first and worst—and keep at it. Yet, in French Revolutionary street style, the initial outraged tweeters and posters were almost automatically seen as passe in a nanosecond: Dox the boys. No, write their school to abort their careers. No, go to their schools and protest at their homes. No, punch them. No, burn them alive. No, stuff them into wood chippers…

We have been here before, from the Tawana Brawley farce and the Duke Lacrosse myth to the Ferguson “hands up, don’t shoot” and the University of Virginia fraternity rape yarns—and dozens of staged truth-to-power race and gender mythologies in between. And we know that past purveyors of those lies, whether Al Sharpton, or the Duke faculty, or Rolling Stone, were hardly contrite, but rightly assumed that because such fantasies could be true in a racist society, then they should have been true–and damn the bothersome facts.

Hanson writes that defamation suits for this sort of thing are few and far between, and mostly ineffective. They certainly haven’t stopped this sort of behavior so far, that’s for sure, although I do believe that in this case the suits will be filed and have at least a chance of being found for the plaintiffs. But even so, I doubt it will stop the next similar campaign by the Twitter mob.

Hanson is correct in identifying this m.o. as being of some antiquity; just say the words “Al Sharpton pushes the Tawana Brawley accusations.” It’s all part of the long slow grind by the Alinskyite left, which has—as Hanson later points out—been quite effective:

The progressive cause feels it is close to victory. Big money is now hard left…Universities, the media, Hollywood, professional sports—they are all now progressive. The 2016 election is seen as an aberration, a road bump on the path to utopia. From now on the Left feels it has the material resources and informational clout to construct any reality it wishes. We can see that clear enough, from Phillips’ apologists who never backed down, but instead insisted that the kids’ faces and “attitude” nonetheless exuded privilege and thus culpability.

I hate to be so pessimistic, but that is my strong sense as well. The left smells conservative blood everywhere, and they are in a feeding frenzy. Gaining the House in the 2018 election has been part of what has engendered such a heady feeling on their part, and the ongoing sequential arrests in the Mueller investigation feed the beast as well.

One necessary development for all of this to succeed was the work of academics (including many feminists both inside and outside of academia) who made sure to drive home the message that objective evidence-based logic is an oppressive ploy by white male patriarchy, and that it can be discarded in favor of emotional perceptions combined with racial and gender identity claims.

Or, as Hanson puts it:

Higher truth is fact free and deals with cosmic justice: people of color confronting whites. End of story.

https://www.thenewneo.com/2019/01/28/i-know-you-may-be-sick-of-hearing-about-the-covington-affair-but-please-read-what-vdh-has-to-say-about-it/

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/27/2019 at 7:00 AM, row_33 said:

His production company is called "Kid Love". Then he makes flippant, insensitive remarks about pedophilia. He's a friggin creep. Wouldn't be surprised if he turned out to be a pedo himself. Hiding in plain sight. 

36 minutes ago, Dante said:

His production company is called "Kid Love". Then he makes flippant, insensitive remarks about pedophilia. He's a friggin creep. Wouldn't be surprised if he turned out to be a pedo himself. Hiding in plain sight. 

that's the new thing to show how cool you are, pedo-jokes

you can only do this if you are considered okay by the panel of The View first