About Tom Brady and the Patriots

Ice bowl 67

8 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I want Brady’s demise to come at the hands of the Bills in Orchard Park, ala Joe Montana.

My dream is to sweep them in his last season, win the division and then blow them out to knock them out of the playoffs.

Just having them fade away quietly won’t help erase the demons.

• Like (+1) 2

He's probably the GOAT so there's that. Funny that anywhere else than on a playing field he can seem like such a goof at times. Roger Maris was more my kinda guy. He was born surly. Stengel once said if you asked him a question he would stare at you for a week before answering. But I digress.

Really looking forward to tomorrow's game. Could be a landmark, historic event.

On 1/17/2019 at 10:53 AM, Wsam4031 said:

Every time i watch a PAts game i ask myself why don't they just hit him hard after the play and take the 15 yards. Everyone knows he doesn't want to be hit and isn't the same player when you hit him. Then i just sit there, not getting touched, and watch him carve the d up with short passes over and over and realize why i hate him so much!

Do you hold yourself back from stealing purses off 75 year old ladies in the dairy aisle at the grocery store too?

On 1/17/2019 at 12:25 AM, Ice bowl 67 said:

Is anyone to the point where you hope Brady goes down with just enough of a minor injury to force him out of the game? I hate hate that team and am so sick of them. Last year every time Jacksonville laid a hit on Brady we were yelling Hit him harder! The Super Bowl was awesome last year! I am a huge KC fan this weekend!

I actually dont care if his injury is career ending.

Brady seems like a jerk.

But he also seems be the most competitive guy on the field every game he plays. He never shuts it down.  He knows his offense inside and out.  He knows when to speed up the pace of play to exploit mismatches. He gets the ball away quick, and he throws an accurate ball. Pretty impressive for a jerk.

I find it interesting that the most brilliant mind in football with brilliant assistants has a fruitless Coaching tree.  Most great coaches have assistants that go on greatness on their own.  Tom Landry had Dan Reeves and Mike Ditka as assistants.  Andy Reid had Doug Pederson As an assistant.  Bill Walsh had Mike Holmgren. Mike Holmgren had Gruden and Andy Reid.

Bill Belly ache has non one. Probably the best is Kelly in Houston who has managed to win a week division a few times but no playoff wins. Charlie Weiss stunk at ND.Mang ini washed out. McDaniel sucked in Denver and got busted for illegal video taping like his Daddy.  So far Patricia is carrying on the family tradition.

I wonder why that is?

On 1/17/2019 at 12:25 AM, Ice bowl 67 said:

Is anyone to the point where you hope Brady goes down with just enough of a minor injury to force him out of the game? I hate hate that team and am so sick of them. Last year every time Jacksonville laid a hit on Brady we were yelling Hit him harder! The Super Bowl was awesome last year! I am a huge KC fan this weekend!

You’re too gentle hearted. I want to see his helmet come off on the field with his head still inside. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 1/17/2019 at 12:42 AM, Inigo Montoya said:

I’d rather have Brady play the entire game and still get blown out by Mahomes and the Chiefs just to show the Patriots and their obnoxious fans that the glory days are over.

How'd that work out for you?

• Haha (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

How'd that work out for you?

Not so well!     ; )

That's just life as a Bills' fan in the Age of Brady.  The sun is setting in New England though.  Maybe next year, maybe the one after that.  Who knows?  I've been waiting 20 years for the Bills to be on top again, I can wait one or two more.  I think we finally have our QB. 

I'll still never root for any player to get injured, even Brady.  I've worked the last 23 years in one of the busiest emergency departments in my state, and I see people busted up every single day at work.  I won't wish that on anyone.  As I recall, wishing an injury on Brady was the theme of the OP.  

Patriot fans are spoiled and a lot of them are simply jerks.  Instead of being chill about it and acting like they have been there before, and remembering what it was like during the lean years for their franchise, they feel the need to rub everyone else's nose in their team's success.  They act like they are out there winning the championship themselves.  So while I will never wish injury on another human being, I will enjoy watching the wheel turn and seeing the 2-14, and 4-12, and 5-11 Patriots struggling, and listening to the cries and lamentations of their obnoxious fans. 

Just ask the Six Fingered Man....karma is a B*tch

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 6:06 PM, JohnnyGold said:

Do you hold yourself back from stealing purses off 75 year old ladies in the dairy aisle at the grocery store too?

I leave robbing old ladies and touching yourself to Tom Brady videos all to you

On 1/16/2019 at 11:25 PM, Ice bowl 67 said:

Minor injury? I'm pulling for leg getting twisted to the point that it is just hanging by a tendon. Suh is just the kind of player that can make this a reality.

11 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Minor injury? I'm pulling for leg getting twisted to the point that it is just hanging by a tendon. Suh is just the kind of player that can make this a reality.

and the football gods put another black star over the head of Josh Allen

I want the Patriots to just stop winning all the time.   

HOWEVER, I for one was mesmerized last night by the level of excellence that that team has achieved.  They have a coach who is smart enough to think of everything and be prepared for everything, and they have a quarterback smart enough to understand and implement everything the coach thinks of.   We've never seen this level of excellence in the NFL before, and we probably never will again.  It's truly magnificent what they do.  

Belichick does it by taking ordinary athletes (by NFL standards) and teaching them.   The one thing that isn't ordinary about them is their personal commitment to perfection.  They know their jobs and they do their jobs on every play.   They do the basics - blocking and tackling, better than anyone in the league.  They never give up on a play.  

It is, by the way, what McBeane are trying to build, and when they do we'll know how the Patriots fans feel.