About Tom Brady and the Patriots

Ice bowl 67

38 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I want the Patriots to just stop winning all the time.   

HOWEVER, I for one was mesmerized last night by the level of excellence that that team has achieved.  They have a coach who is smart enough to think of everything and be prepared for everything, and they have a quarterback smart enough to understand and implement everything the coach thinks of.   We've never seen this level of excellence in the NFL before, and we probably never will again.  It's truly magnificent what they do.  

Belichick does it by taking ordinary athletes (by NFL standards) and teaching them.   The one thing that isn't ordinary about them is their personal commitment to perfection.  They know their jobs and they do their jobs on every play.   They do the basics - blocking and tackling, better than anyone in the league.  They never give up on a play.  

It is, by the way, what McBeane are trying to build, and when they do we'll know how the Patriots fans feel. 

that's what it is all about

to me it's good that preparation and a commitment to true excellence is rewarded in SOME area of life around us

and you can still hope the Pats lose

I'm way past hating them. I do root against them, but their level of football excellence is phenomenal. Spy gate and deflate gate were good fodder for all the conspiracy theorist, but how about we just admit they are better than everyone else. Period!

• Thank you (+1) 1