4 year, $36 million extension for Quincy Enunwa

DCOrange

2 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

Am I the only one who thinks this is a great bargain signing for the jets? 20 mill guarantee for a 4 year deal for a starting caliber receiver.. they saved themselves a ton of money getting him signed now. He may have two years of injuries but that guy makes plays when on the field. I think it was a great signing for them. If you guys are thinking that’s overpaying I hate to see the reactions come free agency time. 

It was fine. Bills fans would be celebrating had we signed this player to this deal. It is what it is.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

WRs are going to come from the draft. Get experienced O-Line in FA.

Thy could use some experience at the WR position group. A pace setter and mentor in terms or work habits, film study, etc.

Edited by vincec

11 hours ago, DBilz2500 said:

WOW. $9 mil/yr for 38 rec and 449 yds with 1 TD going into week 17?!?! The Jets are morons. 

Again....read the wording...its worth a MAXIMUM of $36 million over 4 years...he could literally be getting $3 or $4 million a year and the rest is in incentives...we don't know because we dont have the full breakdown of the contract.

• Like (+1) 1

Not surprised at all.  The cap keeps going up.  Players will get paid more and comparing the salaries of an NFL player to a baseball or basketball player, they should.  E'Twaun Moore makes about the same per season in the NBA.  It's time the more dangerous sport of the three starts compensating their players better.  

Edited by Buffalo30

Some people really need to take a look at what's there in free agency this year. There are only a few guys I'd be interested in, guys like Moncrief, Humphries, or Tyrell Williams. All of them will sign deals in Enunwa's range (or better), and all of them will be in high demand as young, productive, up & coming players. The rest are either older players or guys who haven't done anything yet.  

There are no top 5 WRs in this year's draft. I know a lot of jet fans expect Macc to waive his magic wand and trade down to collect a second rounder (at least), but the likelihood is that they take their top 5 BAP (DT/Edge) and wait until the third round to take a WR - with needs, wants, desires at OL and RB and CB, too. 

I get that people in general don't like Enunwa's injury issues, but he's still a bird in the hand for the Jets. It's a good contract for him, but it's also market value. It's better for the team to enter the offseason with Q, Robby, and Herndon as the receiving corps floor and build from there than to try to put together a WR group without Enunwa. Speaking ofHerndon, in addition to those WRs above there are a couple young TEs I'd be interested in, too, in Jesse James and C.J. Uzomah. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

It really isn't a surprise yet the same clueless fans here are in awe at the contract for a decent receiver when healthy.

Stats are the only thing that matters to some fans, especially with the fantasy football crowd.  

Edited by Buffalo30

Reinforces how bad our WRs are this year... 

Everyone complains about the Jets WRs, yet half this board is upset we didn’t get a chance at Enunwa and is hoping we can get Robbie Anderson...

How about no.   Give me Robert Foster and 2 WRs from the draft if this is what we’re looking at in FA.  

Id offer overpay contract to Golden Tate and Tyrell Williams.  After that, hard pass.  Throw money at OL/TE and the best Defensive player that’s available.