Report: Jets to pursue Jim Harbaugh for HC

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Not surprising at all. Some teams in the division are willing to swing for the fences on a top HC. Others will be left behind. 

Most top HCs have a SB victory or National championship on their resume. Just saying...

I like Harbaugh, he's a GOOD coach. I just don't view him as a big difference maker. Upgrade? Yes. Championship caliber? Meh...

• Like (+1) 1

Let them eat cake.

The best thing for Buffalo is that the power shifts in the east from the Patriots to the group collective. I’m okay with the Jets and Dolphins putting together decent teams in the next 5 years for us to do battle with. It makes us stronger. I would rather be the NFC north or South and have a bunch of good teams punching each other, as opposed to being the AFC South of the last decade where it’s just about who doesn’t suck the most. 

Also, that being said, I want the patriots to suck. 3-13 every year. Let’s cleanse that overstuffed bull#### bandwagon.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s a dinosaur when it comes to offense. It’s the opposite of what teams are trying to do now. 

OK, here we go, define a dinosaur - I'm sure it is anyone who does not subscribe to the "arena football" philosophy!! I would take either Harbaugh in a second!

• Thank you (+1) 1

As a Bills fan, I'd embrace the Jets hiring Jim Harbaugh.  He is the exact opposite of what I'd want in a head coach.  Conservative, run and stop the run mentality, punts too much, relies on his defense too much, bad clock management.  Basically he has all the flaws most coaches in the NFL have.  Also I dont see him as a guy that develops QBs.  Michigan's QBs have stunk.  I hope they hire him.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, billsbackto81 said:

Most top HCs have a SB victory or National championship on their resume. Just saying...

I like Harbaugh, he's a GOOD coach. I just don't view him as a big difference maker. Upgrade? Yes. Championship caliber? Meh...

Not necessarily. Most with a SB victory have had an elite QB on their roster. Seeing what Harbaugh did with the 49ers ( a joke of a team before he arrived) and even Michigan shows me the guy is a difference maker. Difficult personality perhaps but a great coach. What HC with SB victories is going to be available? I’m not putting Harbaugh in the HOF, but he’s a top HC in my book. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

3 minutes ago, wppete said:

I hope the do getbhim. He is a disaster of a coach. 

Haha!!! He’s only won everywhere he’s been.  What a disaster.

that would be an amazing here. I don’t think he’s leaving Michigan because it’s his school and he wants to win big there.  But anyone who doesn’t think it would be a good hire is delusional. I’d fire SM right now for Harbaugh.  Allen would be great in a Harbaugh offense.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

The team that will make a really good hire this offseason is going to be the Panthers.  David Tepper is going to be a very smart owner......and I think he'll be smart enough to jettison Rivera who's not a good coach, IMO.

With Tepper's analytical blbased approach I'd expect the Panthers to be one of those dominant franchises moving forward.  It's a shame too because any team can get smart and hire the right people, unfortunately in Buffalo we have owners who dont have a clue.  They literally hire people based on them living Jesus and being a wrestler which in their eyes makes that person "tough".

I have a different way of defining "tough".  To me it means thinking independently, embracing math, and giving your team a strategic advantage on the field by being ultra aggressive......something you will never see out of this franchise as it's currently constructed.

14 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

I’m with you in this, I really don’t want him

13 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Let them eat cake.

The best thing for Buffalo is that the power shifts in the east from the Patriots to the group collective. I’m okay with the Jets and Dolphins putting together decent teams in the next 5 years for us to do battle with. It makes us stronger. I would rather be the NFC north or South and have a bunch of good teams punching each other, as opposed to being the AFC South of the last decade where it’s just about who doesn’t suck the most. 

Also, that being said, I want the patriots to suck. 3-13 every year. Let’s cleanse that overstuffed bull#### bandwagon.

It’s time for the bandwagon pats fans to feel the suffering that the rest of the division has felt forever

• Like (+1) 1